“Beautiful setting” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olney
Thoroughbred Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Thoroughbred Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
16410 Batchellors Forest Rd, Olney, MD 20832   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Olney B&B and Inns
OKAHUMPKA, FL
“Beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed here 6 years ago in April and found it to be very enjoyable.The owner was pleasant and the surroundings wonderful. Since she used to raise horses there are beautiful views of lush green fields, very relaxing. We are going back this year and my conversations with her have been congenial (we both have cats). The rooms (4) are in a separate bungalow from the house. There is a central sitting room/kitchen stocked with breakfast foods so we could eat when we liked rather than have a scheduled time. I would recommend Thoroughbred B&B to anyone who likes quiet country. There is no shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Olney, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Last Friday (May 6th), I left a voicemail with this B&B to find out about reserving a room for the evening, not having any previous experience with bed & breakfasts and searching for an accessible but romantic location. Almost a week later, I received a responding message from the owner which I saved in my mailbox due to its rude tone of voice. Upon calling this older woman back, who would not give her name, to inquire as to why she'd leave such a rude-sounding message for a potential customer, she informed me bluntly that she found my recorded greeting to be "ridiculous and foolish," and said that "I don't believe I want to meet you." Then she hung up on me. In the several times I attempted to call back and get through to her, to get her name as the business owner, she either hung up on me or cackled loudly in my ear before hanging up on me. One time I called her back, she even answered the phone by saying, "Boy, you're really stupid, aren't you?" If this is how she treats a total stranger and prospective customer, someone she hasn't even seen in person and has no direct experience with, then I'd hardly find this a suitable location to stay at even if I was desperate . I would advise anyone reading this to GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Olney hotels

Been to Thoroughbred Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!