“Our stay at Fenwick” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Lewisburg PA
“Our stay at Fenwick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

I rented this room online just days before heading to Ocean City, MD for vacation. Our party consisted of two adults (parents) and two children, ages 8 and nearly 2. Immediately upon entering the room, I was very impressed. The cleanliness and size of the room was excellent. We had a small fridge and microwave in our room. While the view was not breath-taking, the window was huge and the view was not at all bad. All interactions with staff were positive. This hotel is just a block away from the beach. We all enjoyed the indoor pool (despite its being littered with sand). It was well worth the money! I would definitely stay here again, as well as recommend it to others.

• Liked — size of the room
  • Disliked — sand in the pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

We have stayed at the Fenwick Inn twice and for the most part enjoyed our stay very much. Although the Fenwick Inn is not the best quality resort in the area, its prices are very reasonable. For labor day weekend we paid less than $100 per night. The room was clean, although the bathroom needed some remodeling. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. The pool was great, except since the hotel's cheap price attracts some riff-raff a glass bottle of beer was dropped on the pool deck, even though coolers of beer were not permitted in the pool area. The person who dropped it did not even tell anyone, so that it could be cleaned up before someone walked on small shards of the glass.

There is a really nice Mini-golf directly beside Fenwick Inn, which we enjoyed two or three times during our weekend. The beach is also a short walk across the road and since it is farther from the boardwalk, it is not nearly as crowded. The small restaurant across the street from the Fenwick is very good for breakfast. We did takeout and sat on the beach eating our breakfast, which was great!

As far as the proximity to the boardwalk, Fenwick leaves something to be desired. It takes at least 30 minutes by bus to get to the boardwalk and it can take more than an hour during the busiest nighttime hours. However, since we paid half of what the hotels on the boardwalk were, this was not unexpected.

Fenwick Inn is best for younger visitors who do not mind walking to the beach or traveling a long distance to the boardwalk. The price is right for a weekend, but if you are staying for a longer period of time, you may want to pay extra for a hotel closer to the boardwalk and on the beach side of the road.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Distance from the boardwalk
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
VA Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2007

My hotel REQUIRED Friday & Saturday night minimum reservation ended up being worthless and costing me $86.11. Because I had no need to be in O.C. Friday, but had a reservation for Friday & Saturday, I didn't arrive to the hotel until Saturday late morning. I went to check in and was told that my "Friday & Saturday minimum per hotel policy for the weekend reservation" was automatically turned into a no-show and my room was sold for Saturday. I'm still trying to figure that one out - kinda goes against their own policy, don't ya think? Amber was extremely rude. The hotel was dirty. The location at the top of the strip is out of the way. Don't ever stay here. It may be one of the cheaper hotels in the area, but at Fenwick, you get what you pay for. In my case - nothing.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hyattsville, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2006

Just got back from a weekend in Oceacn City, where we stayed at the Fenwick Inn. This was our second time staying there. This visit the TV cable programming didn't work, and the maintenance man couldn't figured out the problem. He actually reprogrammed the TV twice to no avail!!! So supposedly that swapped out the TV for another one. Cool fine, on to the next problem. The rooms come equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. Nice, but shouldn't they work properly???? The microwave only worked on the popcorn setting. The decor was abit outdated and I actually saw wallpaper peeling away. Overall, you get what you pay for. For 2 nights stay and a food voucher not bad for the price. But, next time we'll spend the extra bucks to stay at a more reputable hotel.

• Liked — reasonable price
  • Disliked — TV not working
  • Tips/Secrets — shop around and compare
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Smithtown, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

My family and I stayed here this past weeked (8/18-8/20) because we decided last minute to take a trip down to OC from Long Island and everything was sold out (although driving back from the boardwalk I would see nicer hotels along the strip and "vacancy" flashing). My impression of the lobby was eh, nothing spectacular. The elevators are old and worn and slow. The room is big, comfortable and it was remodeled (again, nothing spectacular) though the bathroom needs some major remodeling work. I hate to admit it but my bed was really comfortable! The room decor is ok, nothing spectacular. But the most memorable part of my stay was the cockroach in the bathroom. I got up in the middle of the night to, well...you know... and there it was crawling on the counter. I have traveled and stayed at numerous places the past 5 years and never have I encountered a cockroach. I don't care if the hotel is old or new. To me, a roach is gross and I don't want to have to stay in a place that has them!

The restaurant upstairs wasn't bad. I only had breakfast (sit down). I also had the breakfast buffet which I wasn't impressed with, but that's me. I don't care for buffets.

Another downside to the hotel is the location. The traffic is unbearable to the boardwalk. It probably was better to use the bus but we like to drive. The beach access is across the street but we haven't gone. For what we paid, we could have gotten a closer hotel to the boardwalk. Definitely not work $269 a night (which was what we paid). I could have had a room at the Dunes Manor Hotel close to the boardwalk for the same price but by the time I went back to reserve it was sold out.

I was not impressed with OC. I guess because I have beaches here. I really need to visit Montauk.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Saltsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

Over the 4th of July we stayed at Fenwick Inn in Ocean city MD. My only disappointment with this hotel was the fact that you had to cross the Coastal Highway to get to the beach everyday. The staff was very friendly and even the maids were nice and willing to talk to you if you ask them a question, most of them spoke French but had very good English to convey a message.
They had a n indoor pool with a little mushroom fountain which the kids loved. They also had sprinklers the kids could move around like a squirt gun on the sides of the pool.
The adults could enjoy their large hot tub which was quite hot.
The rooms were large, and you can get street view or bay view from the back if you are up high enough, We could see a little of the ocean from the 5th floor facing the Coastal highway.
Parking was easy. We saw at least 5 wrecks when we were there on the Coastal Highway, I would recommend this hotel for people with older kids who can cross a busy highway safely but if you have little ones i would stay on the Ocean Block Side.
This hotel runs about 119.00 with a aaa discount a night. it also has a lounge area vending machine room and arcade games.
The hotel is much older than alot of Ocean City's hotels but it is spacious.
I would stay here again

new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

all of the negative reviews I read before I went are true--I did not have a choice to change hotels because I was with a golf group that had prepaid. It is really a non professional hotel of staff, cleanleness, up keep--it is a very old hotel that needs to be shut down and gutted--the rugs in the room are not exceptable to walk on, kept my shoes on when walking from one area to next--the smell of mildew is horrible--my friends in the next room killed a roach and left in a corner of the bathroom I am sure it is still there. If you are use to going to hotels where you registarwith a professional staff, and you have a bellman take your luggage to your room, ( carry your own or get a cart) and you can stop in the restaurant & lounge for food and beverage, and you can get into bed and under the sheets, do not go to the Fenwick.
PS I never got into bed, slept with comfortor on only.
I guess the hotel does not read these reviews for if they did I am sure they would change

Stayed June 2006

Been to Fenwick Inn? Share your experiences!