“Having a 2-Day Reservation (per hotel policy) Meant Nothing. RUDE Staff.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fenwick Inn

You added Fenwick Inn to your Saves list
Fenwick Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13801 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #67 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
VA Beach
“Having a 2-Day Reservation (per hotel policy) Meant Nothing. RUDE Staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2007

My hotel REQUIRED Friday & Saturday night minimum reservation ended up being worthless and costing me $86.11. Because I had no need to be in O.C. Friday, but had a reservation for Friday & Saturday, I didn't arrive to the hotel until Saturday late morning. I went to check in and was told that my "Friday & Saturday minimum per hotel policy for the weekend reservation" was automatically turned into a no-show and my room was sold for Saturday. I'm still trying to figure that one out - kinda goes against their own policy, don't ya think? Amber was extremely rude. The hotel was dirty. The location at the top of the strip is out of the way. Don't ever stay here. It may be one of the cheaper hotels in the area, but at Fenwick, you get what you pay for. In my case - nothing.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Hyattsville, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2006

Just got back from a weekend in Oceacn City, where we stayed at the Fenwick Inn. This was our second time staying there. This visit the TV cable programming didn't work, and the maintenance man couldn't figured out the problem. He actually reprogrammed the TV twice to no avail!!! So supposedly that swapped out the TV for another one. Cool fine, on to the next problem. The rooms come equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. Nice, but shouldn't they work properly???? The microwave only worked on the popcorn setting. The decor was abit outdated and I actually saw wallpaper peeling away. Overall, you get what you pay for. For 2 nights stay and a food voucher not bad for the price. But, next time we'll spend the extra bucks to stay at a more reputable hotel.

• Liked — reasonable price
  • Disliked — TV not working
  • Tips/Secrets — shop around and compare
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Smithtown, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

My family and I stayed here this past weeked (8/18-8/20) because we decided last minute to take a trip down to OC from Long Island and everything was sold out (although driving back from the boardwalk I would see nicer hotels along the strip and "vacancy" flashing). My impression of the lobby was eh, nothing spectacular. The elevators are old and worn and slow. The room is big, comfortable and it was remodeled (again, nothing spectacular) though the bathroom needs some major remodeling work. I hate to admit it but my bed was really comfortable! The room decor is ok, nothing spectacular. But the most memorable part of my stay was the cockroach in the bathroom. I got up in the middle of the night to, well...you know... and there it was crawling on the counter. I have traveled and stayed at numerous places the past 5 years and never have I encountered a cockroach. I don't care if the hotel is old or new. To me, a roach is gross and I don't want to have to stay in a place that has them!

The restaurant upstairs wasn't bad. I only had breakfast (sit down). I also had the breakfast buffet which I wasn't impressed with, but that's me. I don't care for buffets.

Another downside to the hotel is the location. The traffic is unbearable to the boardwalk. It probably was better to use the bus but we like to drive. The beach access is across the street but we haven't gone. For what we paid, we could have gotten a closer hotel to the boardwalk. Definitely not work $269 a night (which was what we paid). I could have had a room at the Dunes Manor Hotel close to the boardwalk for the same price but by the time I went back to reserve it was sold out.

I was not impressed with OC. I guess because I have beaches here. I really need to visit Montauk.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Saltsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

Over the 4th of July we stayed at Fenwick Inn in Ocean city MD. My only disappointment with this hotel was the fact that you had to cross the Coastal Highway to get to the beach everyday. The staff was very friendly and even the maids were nice and willing to talk to you if you ask them a question, most of them spoke French but had very good English to convey a message.
They had a n indoor pool with a little mushroom fountain which the kids loved. They also had sprinklers the kids could move around like a squirt gun on the sides of the pool.
The adults could enjoy their large hot tub which was quite hot.
The rooms were large, and you can get street view or bay view from the back if you are up high enough, We could see a little of the ocean from the 5th floor facing the Coastal highway.
Parking was easy. We saw at least 5 wrecks when we were there on the Coastal Highway, I would recommend this hotel for people with older kids who can cross a busy highway safely but if you have little ones i would stay on the Ocean Block Side.
This hotel runs about 119.00 with a aaa discount a night. it also has a lounge area vending machine room and arcade games.
The hotel is much older than alot of Ocean City's hotels but it is spacious.
I would stay here again

new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

all of the negative reviews I read before I went are true--I did not have a choice to change hotels because I was with a golf group that had prepaid. It is really a non professional hotel of staff, cleanleness, up keep--it is a very old hotel that needs to be shut down and gutted--the rugs in the room are not exceptable to walk on, kept my shoes on when walking from one area to next--the smell of mildew is horrible--my friends in the next room killed a roach and left in a corner of the bathroom I am sure it is still there. If you are use to going to hotels where you registarwith a professional staff, and you have a bellman take your luggage to your room, ( carry your own or get a cart) and you can stop in the restaurant & lounge for food and beverage, and you can get into bed and under the sheets, do not go to the Fenwick.
PS I never got into bed, slept with comfortor on only.
I guess the hotel does not read these reviews for if they did I am sure they would change

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2005

Just got back. For $120, we got a dirty, run down, and UNREMODELED place. The sign said remodeled rooms. The bathtub did not drain, there was a smell of mildew and mold, the pool/hottub totally gross. The air conditioning/air ventilation system must have high mold/mildew concentration. I am sick now. There was drunken teenagers/college kids partying and trashing the place. I can't believe AAA gave this place a two-star rating. Unbelievable. I saw the pictures on this and other websites. I was fooled. I have travelled alot and I will for now on stay only in familiar named hotels, i.e. Comfort Inn, or Holiday Inn. Stay away from privately owned establishments unless you personnally know someone who has stayed there. Ocean City Maryland is such a rip off anyways but it's the closest for a beach weekend. Just be wary of any lodging/resturant in Ocean City Maryland. I wish we stayed home.

• Stayed September 2005
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2005

For a weekend in Ocean City, this place is just fine. We had a nice, comfortable, king size bed in our room, the AC worked great and the bed was far enough from the door that we didn't hear too much noise from the hallway (which we appreciated on one night when a group of drunken young women down the hall carried on until the wee hours). The first time we used the shower, it didn't drain very well, but the problem was fixed after we complained to the front desk. The room was cleaned very well each day. The restaurant (Jordan's) is decent -- very reasonable prices, okay service (nothing spectacular, mind you, but what do you expect from a bunch of kids working there for the summer?). It's very convenient and you won't get food poisoning. You have to go across the street to get to the beach, but that wasn't a big deal for us. There is plenty of free parking on-site and although you're a bit removed from downtown, that's what your car or the city bus is for. For the rate, I thought it was just fine and I would stay there again.

Stayed September 2005

Been to Fenwick Inn? Share your experiences!