“Pleasant stay.” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13801 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #67 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
“Pleasant stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed at the Fenwick Inn for a girls trip. First time staying in this hotel. Hotel was clean, with pleasant rooms. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was quite friendly. Loved the bar upstairs. Staff there was amazing. Short walk to the beach. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed at the Fenwick late in the summer and loved it. The hotel staff was friendly and the room was nice and very clean. We had a huge room with a flat screen tv and a small granite kitchenette. We loved having Peaky's rooftop bar in the hotel. The food at Peaky's was delicious. The walk to the beach is short and convenient and it is far enough up from the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk area. We have been to Ocean City many times and the Fenwick Inn is one of our favorite hotels there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Ocean City for a very long time. We live in Philadelphia so there is nothing better after a long ride then being welcomed into a wonderful place like the Fenwick Inn. We have been to the inn in the past and have always enjoyed our stay. The last visit we had we were more then pleasantly surprised to see the improvements made. The staff was warming and welcoming, the rooms were remodeled, the room service was fantastic. We highly recommend staying here. Its not only a great place for couples , it's also a good family resort. They even have an indoor pool!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
White Marsh, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel stinks and is old. They have no where to plug your cell phone charge. The bed was uncomfortable and the whole room needs renovated. The staff was rude. There is not breakfast bar. The pool is not heated inside except for the sauna.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
fenwickinnmanager, General Manager at Fenwick Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I am so sorry to read about your unsatisfactory stay. The entire staff takes great pride in ensuring the best guest experience for all of our valued guests. From time to time, we have guests that smoke in the hotel even though we are 100% smoke free. I wonder if that was the smell? As for outlets, we have a minimum of 3 outlets in all of our rooms and I've never had a complaint on the lack of outlets to plug into. As for the beds, we are on a rotating schedule to purchase matresses and we turn them regularly and for the most part we have very few complaints. I hope you will contact me so that I can get the room number you were in, to look into the issues further. Our pool is one of our most used amenities, especially in the winter! We keep the temp at 84 degrees and I had not heard any other complaints. Unfortunately, we don't offer a complimentary breakfast but we do have an excellent restaurant on the rooftop called Peakys, that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Please contact me so that I can get more details and I'd love the opportunity to have you visit again to experience The Fenwick Inn that I, along with the staff, are so proud of.

Greg Fleming
Dagsboro, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

One night stay was horrible at check in man by the name of Charles at the front desk (if thats his name no name tag) he was horrible rude and very disrespectful not only to me but to a guest who called down stairs for help they doubled charged my card and when i called they were extremely rude about my refund they are very unprofessional and rude the hotel is dirty with mold and bed bugs and we were told only half the hotel could be used because of a massive pipe busting and ruining their west end im horrified on how they handled everything i used to stay there all the time this was the last straw and i still havent recieved my refund i asked for the manager and the front desk told me that he was the person im gonna talk to because he was the only one there i DO NOT RECOMMMEND THIS PROPERTY and never did i even recieve an apology.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
fenwickinnmanager, General Manager at Fenwick Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Let me start by saying, I was deeply disturbed when I read your review. The satisfaction of our guests is paramount! The condition and cleanliness of our product as well as the service we provide is our top priority and when a guest has an experience that is not up to our strict standards, I personally take it very seriously. I have sent you two emails and have not heard back from you. I am eager to talk to you to further discuss your visit. In researching your visit, I see you live near by and walked in looking for a smoking room and wished to pay cash. We are a 100% smoke free facility and I understand you were upset about that. Also, we require a major credit card for all room rentals and I understand you were upset about that also. We authorize the credit card that is given for any incidental charges and for the unfortunate possibility that there is damage to the room, including but not limited to fees for unauthorized smoking in our guest rooms. I was shocked to read your reference to bed bugs and mold so I, along with our service technician from our contracted pest control company, Home Paramount, vigorously inspected your room 712 and we found absolutely no evidence of what you referenced. Further, I alongside our executive housekeeper, completely inspected your room 712 and found no signs of mold. In fact, we were quite pleased with the entire condition of the room. As to the comment on a pipe bursting and affecting an entire end of the building, this is a complete mystery as we have had no pipes burst and all of our guest rooms are operational. Again, I am anxious to talk to you so that I can further detail. I hope you will contact me. I hope that a misunderstanding over policies and perhaps a miscommunication of procedures does not prevent you from giving us the opportunity to discuss further your encounter.

Thank You and I look forward to speaking with you,

Greg Fleming
Baldwin, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We look forward every year to going to OC right before Christmas. A little shopping, a little dining and a little hot tub and pool time (while there is 6+" of snow at home) right before the holidays is great. The Fenwick Inn has always provided a great place to stay. The entire staff from the front desk to the housekeepers are always friendly and helpful. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jarrettsville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Vicki at front desk could not have been more helpful . Hotel was clean & neat . It is outdated but priced accordingly . Great value for the money compared to other hotels in OC . My room was very nice . I will stay here again . Tim

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fenwick Inn? Share your experiences!