“not to worry” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“not to worry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

After we booked our trip I decided to read the reviews. I was so worried that we almost cancelled our trip I am so glad we didn't. The rooms were quite large. We stayed on the 6th floor in the comfort sleep rooms. Beds were very comfortable, location was great. The rooms were clean and there was no mold to be found. Everything worked great and they did have a security bar on the balcony door. A couple of things to keep in mind. If you want a pool this is not the hotel for you to stay at. We can swim back home, we came for the beach so that was not a problem. The restaurant on site was closed but you are steps away from many restaurants on the boardwalk. Balconies are very close to each other,but I didn't expect privacy right on the boardwalk anyways. The one complaint I had is that the rooms had tile floor. Very nice tile, but it was unexpected. If you have small children just learning to walk this could be a problem. It did make the rooms feel cleaner but a little less cozy, hard to keep sand off your feet. The air conditioner was a LITTLE noisy but it drowned out the sounds of the boardwalk at night for my young ones to fall asleep. We have stayed at much nicer hotels but also paid close to $400.00 a night. Great hotel for the price. The reason it is so affordable with such a great location is it gives up things like a pool, restaurant, big lobbies which I wouldn't mind giving up for a better price. We would come back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Check in was a mess as they could not find our reservation, even though I called multiple times before the day of my trip to confirm they had everything. The room was big and the view was nice. I did read a lot of reviews on here mentioning mold, I did not see any in our bathroom and our bathroom was well stocked and clean. We had an ocean front room w/ balcony, I will say the balconies need to be cleaned. I did not sit outside on my balcony as it was very dirty and there was a bunch of ants out there eating some food from I guess the folks who had the room before us. I was disappointed to find there were no movie channels available, for a hotel that charges so much this is unacceptable. The pool needed to be cleaned, there was some small debris like sand, leaves etc. plus after getting out I felt slimey. I'm not sure what the bar is like on a busy day but when I went it was only me and my gf in there, the staff was nice though and the drinks were good. The on-site laundry area was nice but it needs to have a coin machine. All in all I would stay here again, its not high end so I wouldn't expect that but for a nice basic getaway it fits the bill.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stayed at Paradise Plaza Inn this past long weekend for 4 nights with my girlfriend and one other couple over July 4th weekend and the stay was amazing!! We had a 7th floor premium room overlooking the ocean and it was very nice, the room was clean and plenty big. The front desk people were very helpful as well as security making sure we had parking etc. For such a busy weekend they were very accomodating. The location on the boardwalk is perfect close to everything you need. People that complain about this being a bad hotel are rediculous they are looking for problems such as hotel room phone wasnt working etc, but trully this place is great and you should definately stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Derry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

great place to stay with your friends, on boardwalk, everything is right where you want it, surprisingly the noise from the boardwalk doesn't affect you sleeping, i would totally go back!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Williamsport, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

hotel was amazing very clean and very friendly staff, and security did an excellent job with keeping people under controlle, however i saw some ppl complaining they got there at 11 and couldnt check in maybe you all should read a little more before you stay because it clearly stats that you can not check in till 4, however when we got there at 9am they took our phone number and called us at noon telling us that we could get in our room that it was ready. also the view on the balcony was amazing, large bathrooms. and rooms. Best place i have ever stayed in ocean city, and it wasnt even the most expensive place, prices are very afforable for what you get, also you have a restarunt in the hotel that has room service and also a dairy queen and candy kitchen and a food place and sunsations right below you very convenient. The only down fall is the pool is not that large but its still nice and you can swim, great for kids though! WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS PLACE.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Hyndman, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Booked this hotel in March for June 22-25, canceled the reservation May 25th, and rebooked the reservation on June 9th and received a confirmation from the hotel for the rebooking. When we arrived on June 22, we were told we did not have a reservation that it had been canceled on June 14. We did not receive a reason as to why it was canceled, they offered a room that was the top floor with a view of roof tops and parking lots which we refused because we booked ocean front. The room was not very clean and the sofa looked very worn. At no time did a manager come to speak with us, although one female walked through at one point and as we were leaving came and sat behind the front desk but did not address our family. We were the only family in the lobby during this time. We did not feel the hotel was very accommodating and will not return. I am still waiting on my refund that I sent to them in March.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
paradiseplaza, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
I am sorry that there was apparently a mix up or mis-communication on the hotel's part with your reservation. Unfortunately I have only been here a few months and without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to respond to what exactly happened. There was no reason for a manager not to speak with you. We now always have someone on site that has some knowledge and authority to address issues such as yours and resolve them in a timely and courteous manner. Despite this unfortunate incident we do hope that you would reconsider and think about visiting us again.

With Hospitality,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

After reading some reviews of the Paradise Plaza Inn, in Ocean City, MD. I feel the need to write one myself. First of all, this place wasn't quite as bad as some of the reviews, I was really skeptical to keep my reservations as most of the reviews I have read were very poor, that is so far from the truth. We arrived at the hotel, was checked in right away and off to our room we went. The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. The drawbacks for us was the restaurant in the hotel was closed and the internet was not what we expected, I am a busy person and needed to check my e-mail at least once a day. We did have to go to the conference room to connect to it. The connection was very weak. We would have preferred to be able to connect in the privacy of our room. The maid service is a bit slow, but the room did get cleaned and fresh towels everyday. Our stay was enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel for anyone to stay at. The rooms are nice, affordable and the hotel is in a great location. For the rates this hotel charges. I think we got the best of what we paid for. If you are looking for something more, I would recommend you look somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!