“Mixed review at best” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
MILLERSVILLE
“Mixed review at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Pros - the staff was friendly and got the clogged drain taken care of once reported. The bed was comfortable, the A\C worked, the water was hot, the TV worked, nice to sleep w/ the sound of the ocean coming thru the sliding glass door. Fridge was cold, Microwave heated fine.

Cons - the tub drain was draining very slow until they cleaned it out while we were out. Hair was in in every corner of the bathroom, and they didn't get it up when they cleaned the bathroom. There was mold around the A/C supply vent (in our room and a neighboring room - see photo). I'm very sensitive to mold and our room didn't smell moldy, but the neighboring room reeked of mold as soon as I stepped in. Preventative maintenance is needed to handle this on a hotel wide basis. Wi-Fi worked OK for email and music but video streaming was really poor.

Room Tip: beach side rooms will have the sound of the ocean. Check the A/C vents for mold first thing.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with others. I am glad that there were some features that you found acceptable and even enjoyable. Unfortunately some things, like a slow running drain are not realized until it is brought to our attention, since when cleaning a tub we only run a small amount of water. Not enough to tell if it backs up until someone takes a bath or shower. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and I am glad to hear it was taken care of immediately. I apologize for any inadvertently missed hair that was found in the corner of your bathroom. Typically we receive fairly high marks for cleanliness. I am sorry if the A/C vent appeared to be moldy. Often what appears to be mold is not and it is dealt with when completing our preventative maintenance in the off season. We do realize that the Wi Fi can be slow when guests are streaming or downloading content. In this day and age, systems have to be upgraded regularly to accommodate the ever changing need for speed and multiple devices. That is also being addressed in our slow season.

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Springfield, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked this based on the reviews and the excellent price. I was not disappointed. We had a few minor issues on check in but they were quickly resolved. Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable and the staff was very helpful. The pool was small but the kids enjoyed it. You can't beat the location. We had a room in the back overlooking the street but you could still see the sunset from the balcony. It was nice to be on the boardwalk. Parking was always available in the main lot or across the street. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your thoughtful review. Thanks for acknowledging the price value, cleanliness, comfy beds, staff friendliness, pool amenity (although small, enjoyable), location and ample parking. We look forward to your return.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For a boardwalk hotel at a reasonable price you can not go wrong staying here. Staff is friendly. Rooms are clean. Beds are comfy. We stay here every time we come to sunfest and are not disappointed. This year no smoking was allowed in the room or on the balcony. I understand the room but can't see where it should matter outside. No doubt there probably was some incident that prompted it. Probably something similar to the inconsiderate people who failed to use the provided ashtrays at the lobby doors or by the pool entrance when enjoying a smoke outside. As with anything, a few bad ruin it for all. But other than that will stay here again and look forward to it.

Stayed September 2014
Thank you for pointing out and reiterating three of my four main objectives that I am constantly encouraging my employees as these are the qualities that set us apart from our competitors; outstanding price value, friendly staff and clean rooms. I know that not being able to smoke on balconies can be a sore subject with many. As you and everyone else know, it is reality and the way of the future. In May of 2015, smoking will no longer be allowed on the beaches of Ocean City and there will be limited designated smoking areas long the Boardwalk. I am glad that we have earned your business.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was a little worried about this hotel because some of the review were not that great. However, when I arrived with my kids, we had no problems checking in. We ended up with a room on the 7th floor. I had a partial ocean view, just as I booked, and the view was great. The room was clean, spacious, had a fridge, microwave and all that I needed. I especially needed those amenities because I have an infant. The bathroom was clean, but could be updates; it is just a little old. Shower curtains skeeve me out. I like stand along showers with doors. The bed was comfy and housekeeping was polite when we needed to have the bed changed because my infant made a mess on the sheets.

The only thing I found a little inconvenient was the parking. We got there around 9:00 on Friday night, so I had to go to the overflow lot across the street and down a little from the hotel. It was not the best with 2 kids. Not to mention, my husband had to park somewhere else because we drove two cars; he had to leave early on Sunday. I planned to stay a little longer. The hotel only allows one parking permit. His car was blocks away. This was just an inconvenience that I wish could have been avoided. There were more spots available in the overflow lot, but he was still not allowed to park his car in there. I was slightly annoyed by this. We asked, but got nowhere with the clerk in the lobby.

The location is right on the boardwalk and near food. We ate at a nice breakfast place, with these huge biscuits. I don't remember the name, but it was great!

Overall, nice stay, and I would return to this hotel if we took just one car.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
I am glad that we overcame some of the negative reviews that you read. I understand your disappointment with the parking. Although we have ample space for all of our guests, if you were here during a sold out period; the peak of summer or a typical off season weekend, additional parking permits are limited. Although there were open spaces when you arrived at 9:00, there could have still been guests that had not arrived or even guests that had not returned from dinner. We cannot take the chance of giving (or selling) additional spots during sold out periods for this reason. We do however take each request on a case by case basis as there are times we might have a group in that arrived by bus and not individual cars and we have ample parking for additional requests. I am sorry that this was not the case during your visit. By the way, the name of the restaurant with the huge biscuits is Brass Balls, located on 12th street and the Boardwalk.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Best hotel we've stayed at in a long time. Our room had everything we could ask for & more! We especially liked the free bottles of water & the robes. For the great price that we got I wasn't expecting all of the amenities such as a microwave, refrigerator, iron & ironing board so those were a nice surprise. Bathroom had all the little soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc. that you don't see in many hotels anymore along w/ a hair dryer. The only negative was the coffee packs provided, not very good. The hotel is close to everything - loved the location on the boardwalk, also had a bar/restaurant within the hotel that had a nice atmosphere, excellent service & good coffee! We will definitely stay here again. We were very happy & hated to leave.

Room Tip: Oceanfront room is my suggestion - waking up to the view of the ocean, can't beat it!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a nice, positive review! I even appreciate your comment about the coffee as we are trying a new vendor/company and are not completely sold on them at this time. We appreciate the feedback. I am thrilled to hear that we can count on you as another repeat customer.

Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we stayed in the honeymoon suite room 813. wanted to stay at a different hotel for a change. we usually stay at different types of places to compare whats out there.in spite of the bad reviews ....decided to give it a chance. the room was clean and updated. the only thing was there was indoor/outdoor carpet on the balcony which was soaking wet from the rain the night before so you had to wear flip flops .the balcony is not private at all so by mistake I walked out on the balcony not fully clothed to see another person next to me!!!lol.wanted to do laundry ...took all of our stuff down to realize it was out of order.small kitchenette but not equipped with any utensils etc... so make sure you bring your own. I was told this prior to my arrival.this hotel trys to please...front desk was very nice..all in all this hotel is nicer than other bdwlk hotels.also...in room safe that they charge you 1.50 per day but you can get that charge removed when you check out! taphouse restaurant was also very good .

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving the Paradise Plaza Inn the opportunity to accommodate you during your recent visit while experimenting with various hotels in Ocean City. I am sorry that the self-service laundry was out of order while you were here. We are currently in the midst of changing vendors that provide us with this service for exactly that reason; it was too often “out of order”.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Paradise plaza is at a great location on the boardwalk! We stayed the second week in September and had great weather. The hotel room we stayed in was very nice, and pretty clean. There were a couple stains on the couch, so we put a blanket over it before we sat on it, but that would be my only complain with cleanliness. The hotel staff was okay, some were more friendly than others. We tried to use the pool one day of our stay and it was closed, so we asked when it would be open and we came back a half an hour after the time we were told, and it was still closed. So we asked to be called when it was open, well of course that never happened. If i wasn't going to be able to use all of the amenities i paid for, then don't charge me for them in the first place. Overall i'd give my stay a 3 out of 5.

• Stayed September 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the location ideal as well as the room and the service. I’m sorry about the stains on the couch. We replaced pretty much all of our sofas before last summer except for a few. I am happy to say that the remaining sofas that were missed have been ordered and we are currently waiting for delivery. This should take care of the issue. I am not sure exactly what the issue was with the pool. Depending on when you stayed in September, it may have been right before it closed for the season. Nonetheless, the staff should have known that. I am sorry that the desk didn’t call you when it opened. The desk can get busy at times and it is very probable that since we do not typically make it a habit to call guests when the pool opens, we just “plain and simple” forgot.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!