“Excellent hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Paradise Plaza Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #3 9th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #14 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Carver, Massachusetts
“Excellent hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were only here one night on our way to Florida and stopped by to see the horses at Assateague. We were upgraded to ocean front at no extra cost . It was a nice, clean room wit beautiful views of the sunset on the ocean as well as the boardwalk.
We had breakfast downstairs and were treated very well and the food was great. Hopefully, coming back on our way south in September. Thank you !!! Great and informative staff at the front desk.

Merci

Room Tip: Oceanfron the way to go !!! Couldn't download pics
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for stopping by on your way down south. I hope you were able to see some of the wildlife when you were at Assateague Island. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied and enjoyed the accommodations and were able to take in one of our beautiful sunrises! We certainly do hope to see you again in September. Enjoy Florida during this cold northeastern weather. We all envy you.

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
oxford, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very friendly, helpful, welcoming staff. Cozy lobby, with large, spacious, beautiful rooms upstairs. Very clean, with terrific amenities, also including bathrobes (but no continental breakfast, bring your own; attached restaurant closed on weekdays during winter). Wonderfully comfy beds. Spectacular views of the ocean, sunrises, and beach below. In mid-winter, everything was so quiet and peaceful, almost ethereal. Excellent winter rates. I could've stayed here until the summer season begins, and I will certainly be back this winter/spring when my work brings me to the area once again. Thank you, Paradise, for everything.

Room Tip: If you're a solo- or couples' traveler(s), try to get a room away from the large, corner sui...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review! We are so glad that you enjoyed everything and you had such a good time. We appreciate your business and kind words. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This month, my boyfriend and I booked a trip to Ocean City just to get away. We like traveling to the beach in the winter, when prices are cheap and there are no crowds. We booked an ocean front room and, for the money, I think we got a good deal. We typically wouldn't go anywhere near the boardwalk in the summer.

The hotel is older and a bit run down, although it looks as if they are working on some updates. I am surprised that it is rated as high as it is. It makes me wonder what the hotels below it look like!

Sofa - tattered, worn, and dirty
Coffee table - one leg was wobbly, so we were afraid to put anything on it
Desk chairs - also wobbly, we were afraid to sit on them
Beds - I thought they were comfortable. They are soft, so those needing firm support may not be happy.
Kitchennette - functional
Balcony - two chairs (one was pretty old/dirty), no table, chipped paint on balcony, rusty doors
Fridge - functional, though it almost tips over when you try to open it
Bathroom - pretty clean, although the showerhead was pretty gross

The maid did a nice job of cleaning each day but used a pretty powerfull deodorizor that gave me a headache. We had to leave the balcony open to air the place out.

Also, they give you a coupon for the Taphouse downstairs. You'll have to check out my review on that one. Stay away!

Overall, I wouldn't come back unless I found a really great deal. Please note there is no fitness room, and the elevators are slow. It wasn't an issue for us, but I bet it could be pretty crazy in the summer.

Room Tip: Go with ocean front, not ocean view, the higher up the better!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments and experience from your most recent visit. We appreciate your business. You’re absolutely right; winter at the beach can be an economical time to visit as well as very relaxing. We have always felt that we offer one of the best price values for your money, for an oceanfront hotel. I am the first to admit, we are a 15 year old hotel, we are not the shiniest or the glitziest but we do have a great staff and clean rooms. If that is what you are looking for, I would suggest the Hilton or the Holiday Inn but be prepared to pay for it. We are aware of the need to replace some of our sofa beds. That should be completed by mid April. The furniture issues, we are addressing during the winter/spring when we are not as busy and we can complete these needed projects. I’m glad you found the rooms clean and apologize for the deodorizer that was a bit overwhelming. I am sorry you didn’t find the $10 per day credit in the TAPHOUSE restaurant useful and although I am not sure of your issues, I can honestly say, since last summer, yours is only one of two complaints that have been brought to my attention. Although it is leased out to a third party operator, I still like to be aware of issues they may have. We do try to offer and provide additional amenities and services the best we can but we are a fairly small hotel with limited space for a fitness center and additional elevators.

Jersey Shore, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was me and my wife's third time coming to Paradise, and I must say, it just gets better and better. The room's are very clean, the location is perfect, and the staff is excellent. We're definitely coming again. Thanks so much Tim.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you! We certainly do appreciate your business and return patronage. We are very fortunate to have such a strong repeat customer base and we do try to constantly make changes for the better and most of all, maintain clean rooms. I too think our staff is excellent and most of them know how important it is to me and the success of this hotel. It is something we constantly strive for and address with not only our new hires but also our dependable, stable employees. Thank you for letting me and others know that we are on the right track.

Essex, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight at Paradise Plaza Inn last Sunday. Since we went to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, we decided to reserve the Honeymoon Suite. The suite was beautiful with great views of the bay from the living room balcony and ocean views from the bedroom balcony. We were very surprised at the size of the bedroom balcony. The rooms were nicely furnished and very comfortable as well as being very clean. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your 40 years of marriage! We are very pleased that you decided to spend it with us and appreciate your kind review. I am glad that you found the staff hospitable and hopefully made you feel at home. We look forward to your next visit and best wishes for many more happy anniversaries!

New Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I spent the weekend at this hotel to celebrate valentines weekend. I can't begin to express how wonderful our stay was. My husband booked the valentine package when he booked our stay and I ll tell you it was fantastic. Our total bill was $343 that included..the marlin suite room 802 top floor ocean front with two private balconies on the boardwalk! When we entered our room there were 1 dozen of beautiful white roses. A large bottle of champagne with two champagne fluted glasses. A large heart shaped box of chocolates. Two robes, bath and body work toiletries. We had a nice size jacuzzi tub. Kitchenette, living room and separate bedroom. In our check in packet was $20 coupon to use at the taphouse which is a restaurant/bar right inside the hotel. A $40 dinner voucher good at a number of restaurants in ocean city, which we used ours at the bonfire which was delicious!! Our hotel provided us with a very romantic horse and carriage ride right outside our hotel!! We had such a great time. I would recommend this hotel any day of the week. Thank you to all the staff for such wonderful hospitality! We lll be back next year!!

Room Tip: Marlin suite was fantastic! Room 802. Oceanfront top floor! Breath taking views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other potential guests. The staff and I are so grateful that you took the time to do so and certainly are pleased that you had such a memorable stay. We look forward to your return visit and hopefully you won’t wait till next February to return.

Summit Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Hubby and I went for a quick overnight get-away on 1/11/14. Found Paradise to be one of the few hotels open. Read reviews, all were good and price was good so decided to stay. Room was clean. Very cute. Balcony was nice! Although the view was non-existent on Saturday when we arrived... totally Mother Nature's fault, it was gorgeous Sunday morning! Front desk staff was very nice! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you gave us the opportunity to be your host. You are right, this time of year we are one of the few hotels open at this end of town and this time of year, weekends only. Fortunately we are gearing up to re-open to 7 days a week starting Valentine’s Day and President’s Day weekend. I do remember the weekend you were here and the weather couldn’t have been more UN cooperative. Fortunately it did clear up for you on Sunday morning so you could enjoy the fantastic view from your room. I hope you too will become one of our faithful repeat customers.