“A Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Seaford, Delaware
“A Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed a night in December and had a great stay. The room was very large with a small ocean front balcony. Sunrise over the ocean is indescribable. The beds are very comfortable. Linens were very nice. We upgraded to a Jacuzzi room for no extra charge. Staff were very friendly. Christmas lights in OC are great. We also had a very large balcony with an ocean-view, but the door was locked and we were not able to use it. In season, a patio table and chairs are on the large balcony but they were stored in our room for the winter. Even with the extra table and chairs there was plenty of space.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for visiting us in the “off-season”. I am glad that you had an enjoyable time taking in some of the Holiday sights and events. I am always glad to hear that you found the staff friendly and accommodating. I do apologize for the patio furniture being in your room and the large balcony inaccessible. I am not sure exactly when you were here but I do know in December we did have some inclement weather with high northeast winds and most often when this happens we do take the furniture off of the patios/balconies. I don’t know if this was the case in this instance and if it wasn’t, we obviously inadvertently overlooked the situation. I do hope that you will plan another visit in the near future.

527 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We took a trip to Ocean City Thanksgiving Weekend to look for property and a vacation. The Paradise Plaza Inn was clean, reasonable and it was beautiful waking up to the sun rising over the ocean. The view from the balcony was absolutely beautiful. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. It was a great weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and your positive comments. I am glad you had a “great weekend” and hope you were able to find the property you were looking for. Yes, the views from the oceanfront rooms are spectacular. If you ever want to take a look at the ocean, go to our web site and view our NEW “live cam”. You can see what you are missing. I do hope you plan on returning sometime in the near future. Happy Holidays.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Ocean front overlooking the boardwalk and staring straight into the beautiful wave of the Atlantic Ocean. From sunrise to sunset, have I yet seen anything more beautiful, and right in your face, (excluding the birth of my children and grandchildren). The view from the balcony was breathtaking. The sound of the waves were unreal. All of this provided by Paradise Inn at a very affordable price. Then room was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable, the Jacuzzi tub was just what my hubby and I needed. Use your own imagination. The staff bent over backwards to make our weekend one that as very special. We wanted for nothing. This was a first time, surprise trip for my husband who hasn't stopped thanking me since we got back. Thank you Paradise Inn, we look forward to coming back for a romantic Valentines Day Weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful time and that the hotel and staff had something to do with it. Just knowing that we helped make it memorable and that we have earned your business and you have become a faithful repeat customer. We look forward to seeing you Valentine’s Day weekend. with

Hospitality,

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went the weekend after Thanksgiving 2013 and just love this hotel. They are very accommodating if they have the space. The first room they put us in had all tile floors, and I asked if they had another room to switch us too that had carpet (cold in the winter). They upgraded us to a wonderful room that not only had carpet but a lot more space, and didn't charge us any extra money. This is the second time we have stayed here and will do so many more time in the future!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank goodness we had the availability to accommodate you in a carpeted room. As you mentioned, if we have the availability, we have no problem making whatever issue we may have, right, even if it is upgrading a guest to a larger room. I wish we always had that option but as you can imagine, in the summer time that is almost impossible. Currently about half of our rooms are carpeted and the other half, tiled. I do realize though that they can get cold in the winter until the room warms up. I am surprised though on how many guests prefer the tiled rooms. To each his/her own. We understand that service such as this, when possible, will hopefully secure repeat customers that are so important to us. We look forward to your next visit.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

we have stayed at the Paradise Plaza Inn before. I had called to get some information and told the gentleman that we were coming down for our Anniversary and he said he had the perfect room and it was. room 607. we arrived to find that we had a large side terrace that ran the side of our room. And then they had placed a bottle of wine and glasses such a nice thing to do. And then we got a coupon for the Taphouse bar & grille, which was great also. No more searching for the best deal in Ocean city I have found it. Thank you to everyone at the Paradise Plaza Inn for such a great stay. Joyce

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your room and that you chose the Paradise Plaza to celebrate your anniversary. I hope the champagne, Jacuzzi and side terrace helped make it a memorable one. As always, I am thankful to hear that we have gained another repeat customer. Wishing you the best for many more happy anniversaries.

With hospitality,

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We spent Thanksgiving weekend in OC and stayed in one of the oceanfront rooms. The hotel is a bit dated but the room is big and clean. The location of the hotel is perfect; it is just above the Boardwalk and very close to the inlet. We enjoyed the private balcony in which we listened to the waves while watching the sunrise.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I am happy that you were able to enjoy a sunrise from the comfort of your room and balcony. I will admit that we are not the newest hotel or the “shiniest” but we have a hospitable staff, clean and spacious rooms. We do have plans this winter to continue with replacing dated items so we can continue to provide and offer a quality hotel. It is a constant battle to prioritize what needs to be done first. I guess that is true in life in general? I do hope that you plan on returning sometime in the near future so you can see the changes we continue to make.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!