“Another nice stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sykesville, Md
“Another nice stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love to stay right on the boardwalk in OC and PPI fits the bill! It's in a convenient location whether you want to walk everywhere or get in your car and drive to your destination. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. Also, if you've stayed here before, ask for the Return Guest rate...BIG savings!!

• Stayed October 2013
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for returning to the Paradise Plaza. We certainly do appreciate your comments, business and recommendation to others. Hope to see you again soon.

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
South Park Township, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in late October 2013 and was disappointed with the facility. The room was very out dated. The caulking around the shower/tub was black and cracking. The shower head sprayed water everywhere. It was difficult to find outlets to charge my phone and I Pad. The HVAC in the room was very loud when it came on. There was no soda machines on the floor that I stayed. No breakfast of any type including continental. Unfortunately, I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am so sorry that you were disappointed in the hotel. I will admit some of our rooms have some “hodge podge” furnishings that need to be updated. I do wish I knew what room you were in so I could take a look at the tub and caulking as well as the shower head. We could have easily had maintenance replace the shower head if you had called down and reported it. The caulking is something we will certainly get to this winter when we address maintenance issues and assign projects. After a busy season, this is the only “window” we have to correct these problems. I have never heard of a complaint mentioning the lack of electrical outlets in a room and unfortunately, like many hotels, we do not have vending machines on all eight floors, only six. Regarding breakfast, that is one of the reasons we offer a $10.00 food and beverage credit per day, per room in the TAPHOUSE restaurant. Although seasonal, it was open the entire month of October so I am sorry if we inadvertently missed giving you the coupons. May I suggest one of the franchise hotels as most of them offer a free breakfast.

Norwood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed in late Aug 2013. We had a ocean front room with a great view. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I requested a third floor room so that I was not too high up for fear of heights and also so that I was not right on top of the stores. The third floor was perfect and a great view from balcony for people watching. The room was spacious with clean, comfortable beds. It included a nice little area with sink, frig and microwave. Bathroom was also spacious and clean. Also, I happened to mention it was our anniversary and the hotel gave us a bottle of wine to help celebrate. If any cons I will say the parking lot is small and lucky to get a spot in the main lot. Other than that I loved the place and will be a repeat visitor. The hotel accommodations helped make our time away together a perfect vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Happy anniversary! We appreciate you and your husband returning so soon after your August visit and for celebrating your special occasion with us. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your request for the 3rd floor. It is a bit easier this time of year to do that than in the middle of the summer. True the parking lot in front of the hotel is small although it will accommodate three quarters of our guests and we have our secondary lot across the street that provides enough parking for all of our guests. We are fortunate that compared to our competitors at this end of town; our parking is not two or three blocks away. As always, we are fortunate to have repeat customers such as you that are so faithful to the hotel. Hope to see you soon.

York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Owner needs to reinvest and do some cosmetic updates. Determine what causes leaks on various floors. There were even leaks in the gift shop. Not necessarily a bad place to stay, but for the same money, you can find nicer and updated places.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review with others. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. As the General Manager, I couldn’t agree with you more! There is no question that we can use some upgrading as well as some building repairs. I can assure you though that we are constantly making repairs and upgrades as needed but often times it is for equipment (such as hot water heaters, laundry equipment, etc.) that are behind the scenes and not cosmetic. As always, we will be using the off season to address many of the cosmetic upgrades. Unfortunately since we are an independent hotel we do have to prioritize what is done next. We do not have the luxury to spend a couple of hundred thousand dollars at the drop of a hat as much as we would like to. I apologize for the leak in the gift shop but I am sure you would even agree that is an unforeseen circumstance that could happen to anyone, at anytime and anywhere.

Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have stayed at Paradise Plaza in Ocean City at least 7 times and we will continue to stay there again and again~I can't say enough about the friendliness and expertise of the staff, accomodations. and VALUE of this hotel~they are prime time and go above and beyond to make your stay the best!!! Love~Love~Love this great "make you feel at home" hotel, and the Tap room restaurant is great also~good food and fun!!! Cannot thank the staff enough for their great service and Tim Goff is always ready to offer his services to make your stay a great one!! We are lucky enough to go there 2 times every year!! Thanks Paradise Plaza!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being such a loyal “return customer”! As I have responded many times before, I constantly reiterate to all of our staff that the friendliness, customer service and clean rooms are what is going to set us apart from our competition and make up for any short comings we might have. We look forward to your next visit.

Everett, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family has enjoyed staying at Paradise Plaza Inn in Ocean City, Md. for many years. We keep going back because it's a great deal for our income. They are always ready to meet our needs and to accomodate all our requests as best they can. They keep a very clean establishment. Thanks to the very polite and helpful staff, we have already made reservations for our next stay.

Room Tip: Suites with whirlpool baths and ocean front balconies are a plus
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being such a faithful, repeat customer. We have always thought we offered a great price value for an oceanfront, boardwalk hotel. Thanks again for all of your favorable comments and for making next year’s reservation.

Montague, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We just returned from another wonderful week at the Paradise Plaza Inn. This is by far the best hotel on the boardwalk. The big spacious room, the kitchenette, the amazing views, the efficient and friendly housekeeping staff. The friendly, competent management staff who always put customer service first to ensure that your stay is more than you could have expected.
The only thing that made leaving for home better was our ability to book our visit at the Paradise Plaza for next year ! We are truly fans, and would like to share that you don't have to look for any other hotel after you have stayed with the wonderful folks at Paradise Plaza.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and appreciation for all of our staff. It truly goes a long way and makes it all worthwhile.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!