“Very nice, pleasently surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Paradise Plaza Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #3 9th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #13 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very nice, pleasently surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My cousin and I enjoyed THE best October weekend recently! Growing up she went to the beaches in New Jersey, and it had been years since she had been to the East Coast. This was her first trip to Ocean City, MD. She was very impressed! bigger and cleaner than Jersey! Our room was large and comfortable, with all the current updates. Loved the bathrobes! And having coffee with my sunrise! I was impressed by how great the view was from the large side balcony. I have never had a view of the ocean and the bay from one place! And in-house dining was a real treat! As well as the gift shop. I will return and recommend to friends!

Room Tip: Room on north side was great, I don't see how an Ocean front could be less than wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
I know the Ocean City Visitors & Convention Bureau as well as the Chamber of Commerce appreciates your comments about our “clean” town and beach. It certainly is the truth. I am
pleased that you both had a great time and enjoyed the hotel as well as the services and amenities. You are correct in saying that the oceanfront rooms are hard to beat. Thank you for keeping us in mind for your next visit and you recommendation to others.

522 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went for a girls weekend. We stayed in the largest suite the hotel offers. The room was large and spacious and the staff was very friendly. It was my birthday; the staff had put a bottle of champagne and a birthday balloon in the room. Talk about customer service! We had a great time and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Happy belated birthday! Thank you for making us part of your special day. I am glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Dolphin Suite and found the staff friendly and the customer service apparent. That is our ultimate goal for all of our customers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting a small box room, but instead I got a very large room. I had explained this was for my 44th birthday and just for my wife and I and the first time we had gone anywhere without the the kiddos since I returned from Afghanistan. Upon our arrival was a bottle of champagne and a birthday ballon, gift vouchers for the bar and grill, and really great service for our whole stay. The room had a spectacular view of the ocean and sunrise. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bathroom was in need of some better lighting and ventilation. The beds were a bit on the lumpy side, but was told that changes before next spring were on the way. Awesome service, spacious rooms, fantastic value for money. They made us feel like VIPs.

• Stayed October 2013
I am glad we were able to make your birthday somewhat of a memorable one and overall you had a pleasant stay. We are addressing the ventilation issue this winter in the bathroom as it is a system that does not have individual fans in each bathroom but rather a larger fan(s) on the roof that draws the moisture out. Many guests don’t feel like the fans are working since they don’t hear anything. Admittedly it isn’t the most efficient. I am not saying that the beds in your room weren’t lumpy however I know exactly what you are referring to. We triple sheet our beds with a 2 inch thick “new generation” blanket that fits between the 2nd and 3rd sheet that has a filler, which can clump up a bit when washed/dried and it makes the beds appear lumpy. I am glad you found the service “top notch” and the hotel a good price value. We would like to thank you for your service overseas.

Annandale, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The staff at paradise plaza inn are real "down to earth" folks, who aren't so "professionally stand-offish" like some hotels here at the beach, namely Quality Inn and Holiday Inn. They are very responsive on a personal level to anything I asked of them. And their rates and views are better than ones more expensive than them. This is the place my wife and I will continue to visit at Ocean City, MD.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and appreciation. That is what I keep reiterating to our staff about setting us apart from the competition. In this day and age, most hostels offer similar services and are only set apart by the hotel itself and the staff. It is difficult to compete with the newer properties that have only been open for a few years when it comes to the physical product. Our staff, cleanliness, location and price value is where we excel. I am glad to hear that we will see you on a return visit.

North Jackson Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I have to say "HATS OFF TO YOU AGAIN", I couldn't of been happier with our stay, the NEW LUGGAGE CARTS at the front door were awesome, JEN, at the front desk, along with the others were so caring, an helpful, every morning getting off the elevators there was a good morning, an how are things, if you need anything let us know. Tim (the manager) I hope the front desk keeps it going, so nice to see smiling faces in the morning, we have been coming here for 7 years an just booked number 8, we so cant wait for 2014. Just a idea, it would be nice if the hotel had a LOYALTY CARD, kinda of a pay back to the many that return. again THANK YOU FOR A AWESOME 2013 stay,keep up the great job an soooo looking forward to 2014, 7 days on the 8th floor!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for being such a loyal, valued customer! It is a pleasure to have guests like you and makes it makes it all worthwhile to be in the hospitality business. I am glad you like the new bell carts and we plan on replacing the remaining two by next summer as well. We don’t have a loyalty card but we do have the “Return Guest Rate” for those guests that have stayed with us before which entitles them to a 16% discount off of our regular rates! Thanks for the idea though as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and reward those that come back year after year. We too look forward to your return visit!

Glenville PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed 9-23 to 9-27-13 in a 2 room suite with bay and ocean views. This is the first time we stayed at the Paradise Plaza and we loved it. Everything was clean, the rooms were large, the balconies were big and the views
were awesome. We stayed on the 7th floor.
Everyone that worked there was so nice and helpful. We had trouble with the bathroom light, it didn't want to come on, so we told the girl at the desk when we got back from dinner about 7:45PM and at 8:30PM a maintance man was at the door with new tubes. We thought they would wait until morning so we were really impressed.
We were surprised with the $10.00 coupons for the Taphouse Rest. We used these everyday for breakfast. We enjoyed meeting Ray and his wife Tracey who work there.
We will definitly be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Paradise Plaza on your most recent stay. It is nice to hear that you found all of the employees nice, friendly and accommodating. It is also nice to hear that our staff responded to your immediate needs when you had an issue. We are fortunate that the TAPHOUSE has been in the hotel now for three years and most everyone has been pleased with the food, service and staff. Thank you for keeping us in mind for your next visit.

Moundsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed the week of September 23. This was our second trip to Ocean City, first at Paradise Plaza. Everything was wonderful. We had an ocean front room, with a Jacuzzi bathtub. The balcony and view was great. We were surprised about the extra large side balcony, and wished we had more family there to enjoy it! We expected a full size coffee maker, and took coffee. We enjoy sitting on the balcony in the early AM and drinking coffee. When we called the front desk, they explained how the single cup coffee maker worked, and the housekeeping staff left us a few extra coffees each day! We will most certainly return to this location for another vacation, and highly recommend it. The no smoking policy is great, although some neighboring rooms smoking on the balcony was annoying. We did not use the ten dollar coupon for the Tap Room, only because we ate all meals outside. Nice idea!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and your wife for your most recent stay. I am certainly thrilled to hear that you were pleased with everything except for the guests smoking on the balcony. This is the first year that we became a non-smoking facility and on one hand we are blessed with a large number of returning customers but on the other hand, some of them are having a little trouble adjusting to the change. Hopefully that will improve soon and won’t discourage you form re-booking a future stay.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!