“Fantastic!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Paradise Plaza Inn for the entire July 4th holiday and my birthday weekend. We stayed here last summer and loved the accommodations so much that it was a no - brainer that we return. Again, our stay was perfect!! What more could we ask for - a suite overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from the 3rd. floor where we could see the beautiful view of the water- on the boardwalk - and people watch at the same time. ALL the hotel staff was so accommodating - and pleasant. Thanks Jenn - you are the best!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Happy belated birthday! I trust you had a memorable birthday weekend and am glad to hear that you are a return customer. We certainly look forward to your visit next summer and hopefully you will consider coming back during the off season or during the “shoulder” months!

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
PHILADELPHIA, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed in this place July 7-8, 2013. I stayed on the 6 floor but the place is a total dump. The first night I stayed in the room I had several bugs walking around on my bed sheets. I saw several buts crawling up the wall. My bathroom sink wasn't draining and my toilet was over filling on the floor. The carpet was dirty and the balcony door locks were broke leaving them open while our property was there. I called the front desk and they acknowledged that I had a serious problem so they decided to move me to a better room. The entire place need major updating and cleaning. The pool is in the parking lot some might not mind that. Front desk and staff were pleasant no complaints there. I would not stay here ever again. Believe me I am not looking for a high end place just clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I am sorry that you found the hotel “a total dump”. That somewhat surprises me because in the three years that I managed the property, I have never heard that. I am not saying that we don’t have our share of problems because we are certainly not perfect. Regarding the “bugs”, that is not uncommon as the majority of our guests loves to leave their slider door open so they can listen to the waves and hear the local sounds on the Boardwalk. Unfortunately when doing so, bugs do get in the rooms and on the walls and although we do try to thoroughly clean the rooms, there are sometimes remnants of moths or flies that we have missed. I am sure there have been times in your own home that you have had “pesky” flies that you can’t seem to get rid of. I have no answer for your slow draining sink or overflowing toilet as that too can happen anytime at your own home or at another hotel. Fortunately the desk offered and was able to move you to a different room. We are well aware of the locking mechanisms on the slider doors as I have tried to explain before, the salt air reeks havoc on metal frames and since it has been difficult to obtain spare parts, we have installed a security bar behind the slider door that secures the door so it doesn’t open from the outside balcony. I admit when the locks are like this, the doors don’t lock with the thumb locks but I can assure you that the additional locks that we have installed more than secure the room. I am sorry that you felt unsafe.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am so looking forward to staying at this hotel again! We have stayed twice before and loved it. My only regret is that we can never seem to get into the larger Dolphin/Marlin Suites. I wish they had a waiting list because I would be #1 on it!! So excited to head here again in August!! I have spoken with Tim on the phone and he has been so friendly and accomodating, as have others on their staff.

Tim - If you are reading this - and a cancellation happens for August 29th - call me :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
I am indeed reading this review. We have a Dolphin Suite for the 29th but only for one night! So glad that you are one of our regular customers and will be back soon! We look forward to seeing you again in August. Stop by and say “hi”.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed 4 nights. Housekeeping was wonderful! Our room was cleaned and stocked each day. Loved the fact that there wasn't carpet in the room! Our room had tile flooring and it was mopped daily! A nice surprise was the jacuzzi tub that we didn't request. The restaurant in the hotel had a nice bar and the breakfast was good. Didn't have a lot of choices on the menu,but, we received $10 off coupons for each day we stayed!

• Stayed July 2013
I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests that had a positive experience and not just the negative. Thank you. Please keep us in mind for your next visit.

Coal Township, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My stay was on 6/23/2013 thru 6/28/2013. First time with an ocean front room and it was worth it! Our room was #208 for the first night then we had a little issue and the manager and staff were right on it and had us move to room#508. Both rooms had great views of the ocean and boardwalk. Staff was perfect as usual. And the taphouse pub is always a great addition to the hotel. My only complaint would be to enforce the (no smoking rule) but that is by no way a deal breaker. See you next year and we will try to book the two room suite if it is available. Thank you again for everything.

Room Tip: Ocean front is the way to go but if one is not available side views are just as comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad that we were able to correct any issues you had. I apologize for not enforcing the “no smoking rule” more diligently. Please understand that this was the first season that we converted to a non-smoking facility and we have many a repeat guest (which we are thankful for) that are smokers and in the past was the reason they booked with us. Naturally we would have liked to make the conversion immediately but we did have a number of advanced reservations that had requested smoking rooms so we had to try and pacify them as well. I feel confident that after this summer it won’t be much of an issue. We look forward to your return and don’t forget to ask about our “Return Guest Rate” when booking next year’s reservation.

Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The location is great, right on the boardwalk with good restaurants nearby, but not in the crazily busy section. Overall, the room was clean, but the deck chairs weren't very clean and there were a lot of cigarette butts in the rain gutter. The maid staff never brought the promised water and didn't leave enough towels for our family, but this was remedied by the front desk. Parking in the actual hotel lot was rare (we got spots there twice in a five day stay, with multiple departures each day), but there is a secondary lot across the street on the next block.

What made this hotel stand out for me was the service. On our last night, our car was totaled in an accident while coming back from dinner. Tim, the GM, let us check out late so we could let the kids sleep in while I arranged for a rental car to get us home. In fact, they offered a free night for us, despite the fact that the hotel was booked solid that next night. Misty, who works at the desk, was extremely helpful in arranging for an affordable taxi to get me to the airport to pick up the car. They showed wonderful compassion to my family, and proved that this hotel has a heart. I would have given them four stars on the overall hotel experience, losing points for the parking, but because of their extraordinary service at such a difficult time they earned the fifth star.

If I was to return to Ocean City, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am sorry that your memory of your Ocean City trip will be that of your accident. The staff is so thankful that your family wasn’t hurt especially after seeing pictures of the wreckage. I apologize for the unkempt balcony; it is a constant struggle with the patio chairs and the elements as well as the gutters with people throwing cigarette butts over their balconies despite being a non-smoking facility. It is an issue I am well aware and have already discussed with my staff on how we can remedy the situation in the future. Unfortunately it will not be an overnight fix due to our heavy summer occupancy. I can assure you though that we will correct the problem. I hope you do plan a return visit sometime in the future to experience Ocean City in a more pleasant light.

State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have been going to Ocean City, MD for 15 years. We have stayed at Paradise Plaza for 12 of them. The stay was great as always. We loved the room and the staff. Everyone was very nice, friendly, helpful and accomodating. The rooms were very clean and confortable. I hope to be staying there for another 15 years at least.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for making us part of your long time Ocean City experience. We are extremely grateful that you have become one of our regular customers and that you keep giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest. We value all of our customers but especially those that have become so loyal. Thank you very much.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!