“EXCELLENT STAFF!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Joppa, Maryland
“EXCELLENT STAFF!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Paradise Plaza Inn is a very nice hotel. The location is terrific and the beds were very comfortable!! The best part of our stay was the attention to details provided by one of the staff members prior to our arrival. My daughter and I stayed at Paradise Plaza as part of her birthday present. In addition, my daughter was running in the Susan G. Coleman 5k Race for the Cure held in Ocean City. I am not a runner but wanted to enjoy the experience of watching my daughter run down the Boardwalk in the 5k. I emailed GG and explained I wanted to be able to see my daughter run. She immediately responded and explained that she would see that our accommodations would be perfect for the run ~ and Wow ~ was she correct!! GG did an OUTSTANDING job of meeting our needs. We were also fortunate to meet her in person during our stay and she was a very impressive employee of Paradise Plaza Inn. We will stay her again!!!! Thank you GG!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful visit and were able to watch your daughter run from a bird’s eye view. Yes Gi Gi is a wonderful employee and always tries to meet every guest’s expectations. We would like to think that all of our staff has the same common goal. I hope to see you as a guest again and certainly before next year’s race.

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I really don't know where to begin. For everything that was good, there was something just as equally bad. My best friend and I went for SpringFest. It was a weekend that was for my Birthday an was meant to be fun and relaxing weekend. We got to the hotel at 3:20 and told that the room wasn't ready yet. Okay, I understand that check in is at 4:00, so we actually just decided to wait in the Lobby for the 40 minutes. We didn't feel like taking the luggage back to the car, so we figured we would just chill. After a few moments, the very nice girl behind the desk said they had a room. We were surprised and happy. When we entered the room, we were very happy with the size of the room. I was frightened by some of the reviews and was very pleased. Loved the balcony and the amazing view. Well, then it all went down hill. All of the sudden it sounded like a club in the hallway....yelling, music, doors slamming. We let this go on for awhile before calling the desk. We informed them that their were doors being slammed, drinking in the hallway, and yelling. They did follow through and had security come up. The door slamming stopped as I heard them yell to each Don't Slam Doors. As we were getting ready to head out for the evening, I open the door to people in the hallway yelling, music blaring, and the hallway reeking of alcohol. I immediately went into the room and called the front desk. They did move us. I was appreciative of this, but having to do this ruined our whole night. As we had to pack then unpack. As we were getting a new key, the on duty manger said that the kids were from a Fraternity. Really? What hotel allows kids to come in, take over the hotel, drink and scream in the hallway. And then why oh why would you put other guest on that floor when you clearly had other rooms. Once in the new room, we let it go and decided to not let it ruin our trip....till the next day. We left the room at 12:30 to a note from H.K. that the room wouldn't be cleaned because they only clean stay overs till 1:00pm. We called the front desk and they did say the room would be cleaned. We came back 5 hrs. later and wow what a joke....part of the bedding was on the floor, the sinks had spots all over them, there was a trash, it just looked like it hadn't been touched or at least just the minimum. To top it all off there was beer cans in the elevator from the Fraternity and you could smell the alcohol In the elevator. It was just a very disappointing stay. I was so looking forward to it and it wasn't what I had hoped. Then to top it off, when we checked out we were told the car must be off the parking lot by 1:00. I could understand 3:00 with check in at 4:00. Plus you know that many people weren't checking in. Last year for Springfest, the Commander allowed us to keep our car there all day since it was off-season. Additionally, The Carousel allows you to keep your car there all day on check out day...even in the summer. Please see my friends pictures from the our weekend showing the beer cans in the elevator and the uncleaned room. My advice if you stay,,,,Hope for the best, Prepare for the Worst. I have heard of people who have loved it and people who have called it nothing but a Party Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I am sorry that you happened to be at the hotel when the fraternity was here. Some hotels do accept fraternity’s especially during the graduation season and since we never had problems with them in the past, there was no reason for us not to rent to them. Being in the hospitality business we hate to let “one bad apple spoil the bunch” and refuse service to anyone. Unfortunately we have to take the good with the bad. Obviously after this particular weekend, you will be pleased to hear that they will not be returning next year. Unfortunately this was a lesson that we had to learn from and I am just sorry that you had to experience it with us. I do apologize too that housekeeping missed your room or provided you with service that does not meet our standards.

Dover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Right after we checked in we discovered ants in the room. So, my husband called the front desk to let them know and they just said "ok" and that was it. No one ever came to check it out. The room was ok, but does need some upgrades. We were in room 516 which has the extra bedroom and 2 bathrooms. Personally, for what we paid I expected better. I doubt if we'll stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am truly sorry that one of our front desk agents responded to your husband with strictly an “OK” and with no action. I don’t know of anyone that would respond that way but apparently we have one person that did. It is spring and not that uncommon that on occasion we might see some trace of ants just as you would at home. Typically our course of action is to send a maintenance or housekeeping person to the room to take care of the immediate situation and to make note of the issue so we can pass it along to our exterminator. I am sorry this didn’t happen.

Berlin, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra has need to provide over night accommodations in Ocean City, MD for 40 to 45 musicians at least 4 times a year. We have contracted with the Paradise Plaza Inn for the past 2 years to provide housing and the musicians are delighted. Upon arrival they feel very welcome, the staff are pleasant and accommodating, their rooms are clean and comfortable and being on the boardwalk is an extra bonus. Having a positive experience and getting a good night's sleep is critically important to enable them to perform at their best and the Paradise Plaza Inn provides just that. Several of the musicians have brought their family and booked some additional days so that they could enjoy and share the Ocean City experience. We are very satisfied and will continue to use this hotel for many seasons to come.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind and positive review. We love having the Mid-Atlantic Symphony musicians as they are a great bunch of individuals and interesting to talk to. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to accommodate them while they are on the road. I hope we can continue to be part of this great series that brings this kind of entertainment to the Beach!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am at Paradise Plaza this week and I highly recommend this hotel. My husband and I have been here three times this year already. They are a terrific value for a beachfront property - very boutiquey, great staff, always clean and comfortable. Can't understand those who rated this less than excellent - even five star hotels, and we travel often, can't match this view.

Room Tip: Always get an oceanfront. For some extra dollars, get a suite where you get ocean, inlet and bay vie...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation to others! We certainly do appreciate your loyalty to the hotel, visiting us three times this year! Our team also appreciates your acknowledgement of the clean, comfortable rooms and hospitable atmosphere. I am the first to admit we are not perfect and we will make mistakes, we just want to eliminate as many as we can and hear reviews like yours so we know we are on the right track. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I just got back home from my first stay at Paradise Plaza, I had such a great trip! I didn't expect the room to be as amazing as it was! We had an ocean view and a door that led to a roof deck, which was awesome! We also had a jacuzzi tub, I didn't have time to use it but still! The girls at the front desk were so nice!
I hope I get to come back soon! :) I loved my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
EXCELLENT! Thank you so much for giving us our first opportunity to have you as our guests. We are grateful that you selected the Paradise Plaza and likewise, we hope you get to visit us again soon too. I am glad the front desk staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. Please come back soon.

Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were here on a Thursday night as a spontaneous side trip after stopping in Cambridge, MD. Be advised this is still very off-peak and not much was open on the boardwalk. We liked the free and convenient parking. Check in was uneventful. We stayed in room 203 which is oceanview. Loved the view and the location is about midway on the boardwalk. The room itself had plenty of space. We booked through Hotels.com, which stated the room had 2 double beds, but they are in fact queen beds. The room was a little run down (peeling wallpaper, rusted ceiling panel runners in the bathroom, balcony rail and chairs were things you didn't want to touch) and not super clean (hair on the wall of the shower, very dusty around the TV, spots on the faucet and bathroom mirror). We couldn't find the TV remote. Would have liked 2 bars of soap, one for the sink and one for the shower, but there was only one. No fan in the shower and if you turn on the heat lamp, you can't shut it off until it deems it's time is up. The good parts were plenty of towels and comfy bedding. I feel we paid a fair price for the accommodation/location. Our first time in OC.

Room Tip: Second floor was just above the boardwalk. Can imagine that being kind of noisy during peak season...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. I am personally disappointed that your stay was “just OK” and not what you had hoped for. I do apologize for the inconsistencies and the way you found your room. I am pleased however that you told us what room you were in as I was able to dispatch one of our maintenance employees to that room to address the wallpaper and ceiling tile grates as you indicated. I know what you mean regarding the balcony on that floor as they are different than the rest of the rooms and they do require power washing before the season begins. Unfortunately that has been scheduled in the next few weeks once the weather gets a bit warmer. It appears that needs to be moved up on our priority list. I wish you would have called down to the desk for a TV remote as we would have been able to immediately correct that. Typically we do provide two bars of soap; again it appears that we inadvertently overlooked that. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope these issues don’t deter you from returning.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!