“Just OK.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Rochester, NY
“Just OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were here on a Thursday night as a spontaneous side trip after stopping in Cambridge, MD. Be advised this is still very off-peak and not much was open on the boardwalk. We liked the free and convenient parking. Check in was uneventful. We stayed in room 203 which is oceanview. Loved the view and the location is about midway on the boardwalk. The room itself had plenty of space. We booked through Hotels.com, which stated the room had 2 double beds, but they are in fact queen beds. The room was a little run down (peeling wallpaper, rusted ceiling panel runners in the bathroom, balcony rail and chairs were things you didn't want to touch) and not super clean (hair on the wall of the shower, very dusty around the TV, spots on the faucet and bathroom mirror). We couldn't find the TV remote. Would have liked 2 bars of soap, one for the sink and one for the shower, but there was only one. No fan in the shower and if you turn on the heat lamp, you can't shut it off until it deems it's time is up. The good parts were plenty of towels and comfy bedding. I feel we paid a fair price for the accommodation/location. Our first time in OC.

Room Tip: Second floor was just above the boardwalk. Can imagine that being kind of noisy during peak season...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. I am personally disappointed that your stay was “just OK” and not what you had hoped for. I do apologize for the inconsistencies and the way you found your room. I am pleased however that you told us what room you were in as I was able to dispatch one of our maintenance employees to that room to address the wallpaper and ceiling tile grates as you indicated. I know what you mean regarding the balcony on that floor as they are different than the rest of the rooms and they do require power washing before the season begins. Unfortunately that has been scheduled in the next few weeks once the weather gets a bit warmer. It appears that needs to be moved up on our priority list. I wish you would have called down to the desk for a TV remote as we would have been able to immediately correct that. Typically we do provide two bars of soap; again it appears that we inadvertently overlooked that. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope these issues don’t deter you from returning.

544 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there for our wedding anniversary. We were there from the 12th to 15th. They were very friendly and always greeted you. The maid service was excellent! The view of the beach was perfect and we was only steps away from stores! This is definitely going to be that place I choose to stay at anytime we are in OC! I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for making us part of your special occasion. I am thrilled to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and was hospitable and that your room was prepared and serviced to your liking. I hope you have many more enjoyable anniversaries. Please try and return before your next Anniversary.

Towson, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The staff was so helpful and accommodating when making my reservations; I expected our stay to be on the same level. The room looked great when we arrived, but the beds were very uncomfortable and the room was not cleaned completely after the first night. On the second night the toilet backed up, no maintenance man was onsite and we could not be moved to another room. We were forced to go to the lobby bathroom (a single and without toilet paper!) during the night and in the morning. By morning the maintenance man was about 2 hours later than promised. While he fixed the toilet, he left it filthy and therefore still unusable. The smell alone could kill you! Management was gracious enough to credit our second night, but failed to respond to an email I sent after we arrived home. I would not recommend this hotel, nor will we stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I certainly do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay. There are a number of issues that concern me that certainly requires my attention. You are absolutely right that your stay should be just as pleasurable as when you made your reservation. I don’t know what to say about the beds as we have more reviews stating how comfortable the beds are than uncomfortable. Often times, like many things, bed comfort can vary from person to person. I can understand how uncomfortable and inconvenient it was when your toilet backed up. I would hope that you would agree that accidents like this can happen anywhere, including your own home. These situations are never planned. I will admit though that the tardiness of our maintenance person as well as leaving the bathroom in the manner he did, without calling housekeeping to clean and deodorize the room, is unacceptable. We have addressed the situation. I hope the compensation you received was acceptable. I do apologize that you did not hear from me for a couple of days after you sent me your email but as I explained I was on vacation and answered it just as soon as I returned.

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here in April, 2013 for four nights, our first time at the P.P.I. having found it online. The room (and bathroom) were clean and spacious and had 2 very comfortable queen mattresses and decent quality pillows. Much appreciated!! Nice set up-- microwave & refrigerator included an extra sink which was a bonus and free bottled water daily. We do a lot of traveling since we are retired and found this hotel was the most generous of any we've seen with towels. If you stay in some of the chains, you get just two bath towels. Here we got six bath towels daily, yay!!. Our room had a very lovely partial view of the ocean, from the balcony which I believe all the rooms have. The hotel has a restaurant which we did not visit during our stay. Only a couple minor criticisms - the water pressure in the shower wasn't great for two to shower together (didn't stop us though, it just took longer to rinse off!) and the other thing, - they charged $1.50 daily for use of the safe. At checkout, they removed it when asked. A great place to stay, very reasonable off season rates. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: the descriptions at their website are pretty complete
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad you gave us the opportunity to host you as our guests being this was the first time with us. Naturally, we strive to have all our guest’s experiences as positive as yours and it makes us happy to hear about it when we have succeeded. I do apologize for the water pressure issue. I appreciate you telling me because in the past I have never really heard of any water pressure issues. Typically it would be more hot water issues during a full house but we haven’t had those since we upgraded all of our hot water heaters a year ago. Hopefully it was an isolated incident but we will continue to monitor that. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visited OC weekend of the 23rd of March. On a positive note PPI is a very nice hotel. We requested an ocean front, top floor room with soft beds and all of our requests were met. Room was very clean, bottled water and robes were a nice touch. Balcony view was awesome, Kichenette was nice. (adding a two burner cooktop would be a nice addition) On a negitive note be careful getting out of tub, with heat lamp on, not to grab the curtain rod because it gets as hot as a curling iron. I burned my hand (a hand grip rail would be a nice touch) also one of the matresses collapsed causing my husband to roll/fall out of bed. Fortunately it was just the two of us so we switched the matresses which solved the problem. Heating/Cooling unit is quite loud but we sleep with earplugs so it wasn't an issue for us. All in all very nice stay we will be returning.

Room Tip: Get ocean front room the view is awesome.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
I sincerely do apologize for the heat lamp issue and for you getting burned. I am thankful that you told us as I can honestly say I have not heard of this happening before but after bringing this to our attention, we found that we have a few rooms where the heat lamp is over the shower rod. Fortunately it is only a small few and thanks to you we can now address the situation. I am not sure exactly what happened to the bed but I am sure our maintenance department has taken care of it. I am glad that overall you found the hotel to be comfortable and your needs met and that you will be returning. Thanks again for giving me the heads up on a potential problem.

Battle Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for the New Years holiday... What an incredible time... The staff and manager was outstanding.. The room was GREAT and the view of the boardwalk and ocean view was breathtaking ... What a beautiful place!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review even though it has been a few months since you have stayed with us. We welcome reviews at any time. Great to hear that the staff was friendly and accommodating and you enjoyed the great view of the ocean and boardwalk. Thank you for making us part of your New Year’s holiday. Hope to see you back soon.

Glen Burnie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at the Paradise Plaza the weekend of St. Patrick's Day. Our group occupied 26 rooms and everyone was extremely pleased with their rooms The hotel is very clean, rooms are very roomy and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The bottled water and robes in the room are a great touch. Our group will be staying there again for the Sunfest in September.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We received another kind review from one of your group members. Let me reiterate what a great group of people you are. We wish that all of our groups were as easy to please as yours. You all were no problem and most easy going. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and services that both the hotel and the TAPHOUSE had to offer. As always, we look forward to your return this fall and next St. Patty’s Day weekend!

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!