“nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

THe Paradise plaza hotel was very enjoyable. It is clean and up to date. We had an Ocean front view with a balcony with fabulous views of the sunrise. THe room was spacious with a kitchenette and sitting area. The Tap House Resturant in the Hotel has great food and very friendly staff

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, especially as positive as it was so potential guests that haven’t stayed here can read both the good and bad reviews. This way they can compare hotels and make up their own mind if they would like to give us the opportunity to earn their business. Hope to have you back as our guest soon.

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay in March 2013. The room was very nice. It was clean, spacious, the beds were comfortable, and the little kitchenette was convenient. They have a safe for your valuables. My room had a coffee maker and even had coffee, creamer, sugar, etc. There is a soda machine and ice right down the hall, and you have an ice bucket with cups in your room to get it with. They give you 2 bottles of water each day when room service comes by. Plenty of towels, shampoo, soap, hair dryer, even 2 robes! Free WiFi as well. They also have a restaurant (however I didn't get a chance to go to it). The staff was very friendly and accomidating. And the location is awesome... 9th street and right on the boardwalk, has Sunsations next to the lobby entrance, Alasken Ice, and a row of shops on the boardwalk including a Candy Kitchen. There is a liquor outlet right across 9th street as well. Oh, did I mention a the beach bathroom so you don't have to go up to your room? They have an outside pool also, but I was there off season so it was not open. I have nothing but good things to say about Paradise Plaza Inn. In fact, I cancelled my reservation at another place and booked it here at PP for August. I can't wait to stay here again. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!

Room Tip: *I had a room facing 9th street (#309), but had a clear view of the boardwalk and ocean. *They hav...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I am pleased that you found that the hotel was able to meet all if not most of your needs and you found the staff friendly and the rooms clean. We do feel like that we have many of the amenities and services that the general public is looking for. True, like all of Ocean City, some of the amenities and services are not offered year round however from March to November most are in full swing, especially on weekends and as the weather warms up, weekdays too. Thank you for changing your August reservation and re-booking with us. We appreciate it and look forward to your return visit.

Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had stayed at the Paradise Plaza Inn years ago and I returned last week. I looked at the recent reviews on Trip Advisor and was hesitant. They have a bunch of great reviews but the last two or so were not that great. After taking it all in stride and reading them, I realized that the more recent ones weren't so much a hotel issue but more a Boardwalk and restaurant issue. Even as the guests mentioned, they agreed it wasn't so much the fault of the hotel but city construction and a seasonal restaurant. So I decided to take a chance since I had a great time on my previous visit. I am glad I did. The room was great and as clean as a whistle. Yes the Boardwalk was torn up a bit due to it's reconstruction but it didn't really effect us as we weren't there primarily for the Boardwalk and it did appeared that work was coming to an end. The front desk staff, they couldn't be any friendlier and more welcoming. I met, Tim, the manager and he was as pleasant as can be and went out of his way to be most accommodating and informative. All I can say is Kudos to the Paradise Plaza Inn and I will return next time without hesitation. See you this summer!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are well worth any additional cost.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your honest, kind review and understanding that sometimes things are just beyond ones control. Your review was quite welcome especially after the previous one! We look forward to your return this summer.

Port Deposit, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

After reading other reviews, I thought this hotel would be great for me, my husband, and our 8 month old daughter...WRONG! We went away for his birthday and I asked for something special in the room for him. Well for a fake rose & DISGUSTING champagne they charged me an additional $50!! Said it was the "romance" package. The only good thing about this place was the staff, they were nice. When we got off the elevator, a horrible smell hits you - like dirty diapers. It was so muggy and stinky in the hallway walking to our room. We open the door to our room and again, so muggy. The floor was filthy - I actually cleaned it with a wash cloth and soap. If it wouldn't have been so late when we got in and our daughter wouldn't have been so tired, we would have left. There was hair on the bed, in the sink, in the shower, stuff splattered on the wall above the trash can...so gross. We woke up the next morning, told them how unhappy we were and got our money back - but only for the 2 nights, they wouldn't refund the night we stayed and we had only been there from 10pm-8am. Worst hotel stay EVER! We left and went to the Hilton - which was amazing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
First of all, let me apologize for the housekeeping issues that you experienced. This is truly unacceptable and honestly surprises me as the vast majority of our guest’s feedback mentions how clean our rooms are. After reading your review, I was naturally quite disturbed and upset that you were so disappointed with everything that I had to immediately look into the facts as this is a very uncommon occurrence. After looking into and talking to my staff, I found that you booked through a third party Internet site at a discounted rate for a standard oceanfront room. Since we were aware that this was a special occasion, we upgraded you to an oceanfront Jacuzzi room. You were not on a Romance package as they cannot be booked through any Internet site other than our own. You did ask us upon arrival if there was anything we could do for your husband’s birthday so we suggested the items that we offer for our pre-planned packages. We sent up a keepsake silk rose memento, two splits of champagne (since this wasn’t planned we did not have a full size bottle on hand), two souvenir champagne flutes and a dinner voucher for $40.00. The “kicker” of all this is that despite what you said, you did NOT pay a “dime” for these items. The hotel sent this to you gratis and you only paid the one night’s room and tax, which was under $80.00. I agree with you 100%, the Hilton is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone wanting 1st class/5 star accommodations. Keep in mind though, you are not comparing “apples to apples” and we take great pride in being one of the most affordable, clean, friendliest hotels on the beach with the best location!

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I always stay at this hotel for our anniversary (early March). The location and staff can't be beat. The rooms are spacious and clean. This hotel is right on the boardwalk and offers breathtaking views of the ocean and boardwalk. We would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience. We are very appreciative of your positive review and even more so that you include us in your anniversary plans. I hope that remains a lifelong practice. We look forward to your visit next March if not sooner.

Windsor Mill
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Booked this hotel for a Reach the Beach function in February. My review would take more than 200 characters, so to summarize... My 4p check-in time turned into a 6p check-in time because the room had not been cleaned. We were informed twice the room was ready, went to the room twice only to find it was still not ready. We had a function at 6p so we were late. Speaking by phone with a hotle representative twice, I was informed my rooms (one booked by another parent) could be on the same floor or possibly adjoining. Neither were granted. The rooms are spacious, The bathroom was extremely small (the door had a groove because it actually touches the toilet! I sent an email regarding my concerns to the General Manager, Tim Goff, but have yet to hear a reply. Very disappointed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I understand your frustration and do apologize for the inconvenience. I certainly realize how upsetting it can be when you expect a 4 PM check in only to arrive and find out there is a delay. In all fairness, if that happens a half dozen times a year with the thousands of room nights we have pass through, it is not that bad., until it happens to you. I am sorry it was you and your party that experienced it. I did receive your letter dated March 1st and unfortunately, I was on vacation the weekend you were here and have been in and out since your letter arrived, dealing with a family emergency. I am sorry I was not able to deal with your complaint sooner and would have rather done that directly with you instead of through Trip Advisor. You mentioned connecting rooms and rooms on the same floor. Yes we can accommodate many guests’ requests and more often than not we do. But it is a “request” and not a guarantee. One thing too that you don’t understand is the room type you reserved, we only have 5 of them in the entire hotel of 89 rooms. If for any reason one or two of these rooms don’t check out on time, it bumps our schedule back to get into those rooms. We are human, we will make mistakes and most often when rooms are not ready by the check in time it is for reasons beyond our control. I wish more guests would understand things like this do happen. No hotel is immune to this. I do admit that the staff needed to be upfront with you when they saw that there might be an issue with your check in.

Port Royal, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I took a mid-winter trip to the beach. When we booked, no one bothered to tell us that the boardwalk in front of the hotel was being replaced and that workmen would be running chainsaws and large equipment at 6 a.m. on a Saturday and 8 a.m. on Sunday, making it impossible to sleep. We realize this isn't the fault of the hotel, but a little forewarning might have been nice. Additionally, while the hotel was clean and smelled fresh, and the staff was quite friendly, the restaurant on site had terrible food and service. The temperature in the restaurant was not above 60 degrees Sunday morning, and the food was about the same temperature. The beds were not comfortable, but there were plenty of pillows and blankets and the sheets were clean and fresh. The shower, however, was a joke. The tub was so tiny, and the shower curtain so flimsy and short that the entire time in the shower was spent battling the shower curtain, which billowed into the tub. As a result, I had to wipe the floor of the bathroom after each shower, because it was soaked. I probably won't stay there again.

Room Tip: The view from our seventh floor ocean front room was awesome.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us. First of all let me apologize for the disruption you encountered during your stay in regard to the reconstruction of the Boardwalk. I am pleased to hear though that you somewhat agree that the Hotel really wasn’t to blame and had no control over the City’s work schedule. The letter we received from the Town of Ocean City stated that construction would begin at this end of the boardwalk beginning in early October. Here we are at March 1st. I certainly understand your frustration that chainsaws and large equipment “fired” up at 6 AM on weekends but I can honestly say that until it happened, we knew nothing about the extent of what was going to take place regarding the noise levels other than the letter mentioning “this type of work can be disruptive” and was very weather dependent. It would be impossible for us to determine exactly when they would be in front of our hotel, or any of the other Boardwalk hotels for that matter, which is why we did not call guests ahead of time and warn them about something that may or may not take place during your visit. The letter goes on to say, “we hope you will agree that the construction is necessary and well worth it to have a new Boardwalk that we all can be proud of for many years to come.” I am happy to hear that you found the hotel rooms and staff to be pleasant and accommodating. I am not sure what room you were in so I can’t check out the bath tub although I am quite certain it is a standard size tub, unless you were in a Jacuzzi room. I can however, let you know that we are replacing the shower curtains/rods to the “bowed” type to allow for more wiggle room in the shower. I do apologize for the quality of food and service in the TAPHOUSE during your stay. That is leased out to a third party and I imagine that since they are only open on a few weekends prior to St. Patty’s Day, they are not quite up to snuff. I do hope you give us a second chance, as although you didn’t really get to enjoy it, our location is unbeatable.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!