We just checked out from our 3 night stay at this hotel. Check-in was very easy. The location was great, and at first glance this hotel looked like it was going to be a great place to stay. But after being there our first night we thought about switching to a different hotel. The beds were horribly uncomfortable. Our room was on the 2nd floor right over the boardwalk. When we first looked out the balcony door, we quickly discovered the boardwalk had been torn up (obviously this is NOT the fault of the hotel, and the city is working on replacing the boards). What we did not anticipate was the fact that we were woken up by construction equipment right outside our balcony at about 6 or 6:30 in the morning. Obviously the hotel management knew this construction was going on, and a little forewarning would have been nice. The hotel did not seem crowded. Perhaps they could have placed ocean front guests up on higher floors.
In terms of the rooms themselves, the beds were horribly uncomfortable, we kept getting woken up every time the heater kicked on (VERY loud), the shower curtains invade what little shower space you have (perhaps moving the shower rods out a tad or placing curved shower rods would help with this). The safe in our room was out of service. It looked like maybe the guests before us locked the safe while it was open because we could not get the doors to close. This meant we had to take medicines and all valuables out to our car every time we went out. We did tell the front desk clerk this on Saturday morning, and by the time we checked out Monday morning it still had not been fixed. The desk clerk who checked us out this morning (Monday) graciously removed the safe fee from our bill even though we did not ask. We thought that was very nice on her part and we appreciated it. As far as housekeeping went, we were not impressed. They removed the bath bar we had by the sink for washing our hands, and did not replace it until we asked for it the next day. Some of the towels and bed linens had stains on them which a guest doesn't want to see. Our toilet seat had some kind of a mark or stain on it that was there for the duration of our stay. Maybe it was a permanent mark or stain, but I did not want to get close enough to find out. Additionally the bed skirts in the room were very wrinkled which seemed a little sloppy. The balcony left a lot to be desired as well. Sunday we stayed out of the room for much of the morning and afternoon hoping to have the room cleaned, and then when we needed to rest and housekeeping finally appeared and knocked on the door, we just asked for towels and soap. Another issue we had was with the 9th street taphouse restaurant, which is the restaurant located at the hotel. Their winter menu was extremely limited, and of the 3 appetizers on that menu they did not have a single one. We went to go have a drink there Sunday at maybe 3:30 or so (not exactly sure of the time) and were told the restaurant had just closed. From what i understand, the hotel does not own or operate the restaurant, but as the restaurant was one of the reasons we chose this hotel we were disappointed. I do understand that with it being off season perhaps staffing is not at normal levels. I would assume that some of these issues could be due to the offseason time period. Even considering that we still spent our hard earned money and took time off of our jobs to get away for a quiet romantic get away, and the hotel did not live up to that for either my husband or myself (and despite our complaints, we are not hard to please) We had actually contemplated leaving early. Not sure about whether we would stay here again. The hotel looked so promising. I guess perhaps we would have to get a very very good bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most ideal and premium located hotels in Ocean City. Sitting on the Boardwalk with a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean. Souvenirs, shops, burgers, ice cream and candy, all located on property! Grab the boardwalk tram or the city bus located on both sides of the hotel. An outdoor swimming pool, an in house restaurant and a customer friendly staff. Park your car and experience the entire beach resort by foot. It can't get any more convenient. From your private balcony, enjoy the sounds and smells of the ocean from the water, seagulls, suntan lotions and the food! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Paradise Plaza Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Plaza Ocean City Md
- Paradise Plaza Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Paradise Plaza Hotel Ocean City