“Always nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Sykesville, Md
“Always nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

PPI is one of our favorite hotels in OC. It's always clean and the staff is accommodating. We requested an additional bottle of body lotion (BTW, all provided toiletries are Bath & Bodyworks brand!) and were given 5 of them!!

Try to get an oceanfront room...the views are awesome!!

• Stayed October 2012
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I am extremely pleased to hear that you are one of our loyal customers and that you return on a regular basis. I am even more pleased that you find the hotel to be consistently clean and the staff friendly, two of our main goals. Thank you for your continued patronage!

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Lewes, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I spent a great time with some friends there. Staff was really friendly and helpful.The room was really clean and the linens were very comfortable. Also, the view of the ocean from our balcony was wonderful.I took a lot of great pictures there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for spending your Holiday with us! I hope you all had a great time. I am thrilled to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful and more importantly that the rooms were clean and linens comfortable. We definitely have a number of rooms that you can get some great angles for pictures. Maybe you can post a couple on Trip Advisor for our hotel? Thanks again for visiting us in the off season. Hope to see you as a return guest.

Happy New Year!

Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I took our 3 girls to OC for New Years and had a great time and I highly recommend the Paradise Plaza. Our rooms (2 connecting rooms) were outstanding and the beds, linens, and pillows are top notch - great nights of sleep and that's saying a lot for New Years Eve. Staff went out of their way for the hotel guests with wine and cheese and party favors in our rooms. We've stayed before during the summer and you can't beat the location on the beach ... can walk to the inlet and the public restrooms/showers for after beach rinsing are right there. A no-brainer to stay ...

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms were ours.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Happy New Year to you and your family! Thank for making us part of hopefully a memorable R & R getaway. I am sure the two rooms with connecting doors helped with traffic and facilities with all those women! I am pleased that you slept comfortable especially being away for a few days and as you mentioned on New Year Eve! That is often not the most ideal time to travel with kids especially with extracurricular activities that can take place all night long. We were fortunate this year as I had only heard of one minor incident. I am glad you were able to take advantage of some of the little extra Hors ‘D Oeuvres and beverages that we provided at check in. Thanks again for staying with us and do keep us in mind for the summer because as you said, our location only gets better during prime time when everything is open and you are trying to shop, eat, swim and get as much exercise in as you can!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I was not expecting this! Paradise Plaza went way above my expectations this time! I arrived after Christmas to a lobby decorated so beautifully will lights. The staff was a breath of fresh air, and we got checked in so quickly! Our room was large, very clean and had comfortable linens that I wanted to take home. Bathroom had bath and body works soaps which I also loved. But most impressively, was the champagne glasses, champagne, keychain and NYE favors given out to each room for when the ball dropped. My fiancé and I headed out for dinner and the lobby was filled with balloons, a champagne fountain and cheese and crackers. I thought it was all such a fun thing to do to celebrate the new year and thought it was all so generous considering how inexpensive a room was over the holiday. My only criticism would have to be that the taphouse restaurant in the hotel was closed on two of the days we planned on eating- but it is understandable considering most places were closed through winter. Overall, grade A stay for this hotel- will be back as usual.

• Stayed December 2012
Another New Year’s Eve partier! I loved to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you were actually impressed with some of the extra things we did to go out of our way to surprise our loyal customers. Naturally we always try to maintain our clean rooms and strive to have a pleasant staff. I do apologize for the 9th St TAPHOUSE as it is leased out by a third party and we have little control over their decision to open and close. Unfortunately they were supposed to be open for breakfast and dinner/late night all 4 nights but that obviously wasn’t the case. As you mentioned, it is not that uncommon for winter businesses to change their hours depending on business or lack of it. Thanks again for your continued patronage and we are pleased to have such a loyal guest as you are. Happy New Year!

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This has been the greatest place to stay. Its been a year and a half since I've stayed here but it was a great stay. Staff was very sweet very excellent customer service. Rooms were very clean. The only thing that I didn't like is that they don't offer specials for customers that stay more than three days. I think if you stay 4 or more days you should at least get something a free breakfast, a drink, or at least a voucher for the restaurant. But its a great place to stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review after so long. Glad to hear that the staff and rooms were more than accommodating. You will be happy to know that we will be developing some summer “packages” for multiple night stays and that last summer we started giving a $10.00 credit voucher to each reservation for each day of their stay to be used in our restaurant the 9th Street TAPHOUSE. It has been very well received and we certainly do plan on continuing that in 2013. I hope you plan on returning this year and will be able to take advantage of some of the changes. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

For five years in a row, my family has celebrated Thanksgiving at the shore and have always stayed at the Paradise Plaza Inn. The're ALWAYS pleasant on the phone booking reservations, have excellent, CLEAN, FRESH rooms with exqusite views of the ocean off the main balcony, and the bay from the side balcony. The rooms are huge and well appointed, and even have drapes seperating the fromt bedroom beds for more privacy. The food in the resturant is always quick to hit the table and has been delicious every time. Portions are large yet inexpensive. The cleaning staff is also very efficient and cordial. The entire staff always makes us feel welcome and comfortable. Thanks for ANOTHER wonderful stay at your fine hotel. Ed Callan and family.

Room Tip: South-East corner suites have the most awesome views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for spending your Holiday with us, especially for the past five years! I am thankful that you have found the hotel and staff accommodating especially since we are constantly striving to offer the friendliness staff as well as some of the cleanest rooms in Ocean City. That is not always easy to do and unfortunately we will “stumble” once in awhile. We have been fortunate as this is the second year that the 9th Street TAPHOUSE has been in operation and the comments and reviews for their food and service continue to be positive as well. Thank you for your comments but more importantly, thank YOU for your business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We just checked out from our little romantic getaway!!! Wonderful hotel - clean and spacious -comfy beds and courteous staff! We had an oceanfront room with a whirlpool for two! We already booked for next year and toured a couple of suites to bring the kids this summer!! Unbelievable value!!

• Stayed December 2012
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Wonderful! Glad to hear that you had such a good time and you found everything to be up to your standards. Thank you for booking early as we will get busy with advance reservations after the first of the year. We look forward to your return and will do our best to make your next trip just as memorable.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!