“Awsome hotel and wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Paradise Plaza Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #3 9th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #16 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Delaware
“Awsome hotel and wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Paradise Plaza last week and it was fantastic. The room was clean and spacious, in room amenities were nice. I had forgot a toothbrush and the staff got me one right away! We were always greeted in lobby and in halls by staff and the manager Tim is wonderful. I come to Ocean City often as I am fairly local and this is the best place to stay hands down!! I will return soon!

Room Tip: 702 it was fabulous!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review! I am glad the cleanliness of the room and friendliness of the staff were up to your expectations and I am always glad to hear when anyone goes out of their way to help satisfy and deliver on a guest’s needs. Without question, the next time your schedule allows for a trip to Ocean City, please keep us in mind. We look forward to your return. Thanks again -

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Crumpton, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Thanks to my mother who purchased my new husband and I an ocean front room with Paradise Plaza Inn we had a fantastic honeymoon. The lobby was warm and welcoming especially since they just had a hurricane hit! The halls were clean and quiet. The room was fantastic! We stayed in room 407 and our only real complaints were that the microwave turntable didnt turn at all (and it didnt seem to get hot enough to do alot) and the mini fridge was very very loud at night. We ended up putting a towel in front of it which seemed to lull the sound more. The jacuzzi tub was a godsend! Ive never been in one before and it was super pleasant i almost fell asleep! It was much needed because we did end up forgetting our pillows at home so we had to use the rooms pillows which werent the most comfortable in the world...1 wasnt enough and 2 gave me a crick in my neck but that was my own fault for forgetting our pillows. Other then that I have no real complaints! So glad that Hurricane Sandy hadnt affected our favorite hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank your mother for purchasing your Honeymoon vacation with us. We are thrilled to have been part of your special occasion. I am also glad it turned out that you were here after “Sandy” and not before to save you from being evacuated! I am glad you told me what room you were in as I was able to assign one of our maintenance men to that room to correct the microwave problem as well as the refrigerator. I am sorry about that. Glad you were able to relax and kick back in the Jacuzzi tub. They are most comfortable. Thank you for your business and I hope you return before your 1st year anniversary. Good luck to you both.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was the second year staying at Paradise Plaza Inn and both times we were very pleased with the room and customer service. The room was neat and clean. The location is perfect for walking the boardwalk. One night we walked toward the end of the boardwalk to Sunfest; the next night we walked toward the upper street numbers to see different stores and resturants. We had an ocean front room with a large balcony and enjoyed sitting and snacking, in the evening, watching people walk the boardwalk. In the morning, what a beautiful way to watch the sun come up and shine across the ocean. I will always plan to reserve a room at this hotel when I visit Ocean City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks again for being a loyal “returning customer”. In the future don’t forget to ask about the “returning guest discount”! As I keep mentioning, I am thrilled that you found the room neat and clean and our customer service meeting if not exceeding your expectations. These are the two areas I constantly reinforce to our employees that will set us apart from our competition. As most reviews mention; our location, is truly one of the best in town and unfortunately one I can’t take credit for but can certainly boast to potential guests as I could not agree more. Thank you for your comments and mentioning that the Paradise Plaza is the hotel that you will always reserve when returning to OC. I do understand though that is as long as we keep up our end of the bargain and continue to offer clean rooms and a friendly staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

From Tim, to GiGi and all other staff, thank you for a wonderful vacation once again. We have been staying at the Paradise for over 6 years and God willing, many more. Tim the GM will go out of his way to make sure you are satisfied and GiGi will give you a big smile and also go out of her way to please you. Had the most wonderful vacation in July of this year, can't wait until next spring and summer, back we go. AWESOME

Room Tip: 7TH floor view is awesome, you can see the ocean from any room with a partial view , actually any ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I really do appreciate the fact that although you were here last July you still took the time to write a review in October and a very generous one at that. Thank you, 1st for your kindness and second of all for stopping to take the time out of your schedule. I can’t wait to have you back next summer and hopefully one or two times before. I hope we can continue to improve the hotel to keep our returning guests happy. Thanks again for your continued patronage of 6 years!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel was perfect with friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent service. Being right on the Boadwalk and waking up to the ocean and a beautiful sunrise each morning was a bonus. Food was provided by the Tape Room Restaurant inside the hotel with a variety of food selections with great pricing. The meeting room was just the right size to make the sharing of information as formal or informal as you would like. If you like great sunrises or sunsets or are planning a conference in the future I highly recommend the Paradise Plaza Inn.

Room Tip: Select the ocean front room, it is well worth the cost difference.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to hear that the hotel delivered on those items that are so important to the traveling public and the ones that we have been working on since last summer. We have heard of many positive comments about the TAPHOUSE this year which has been nice since they have only been here a year and a half but certainly seem to be on the right track. It is a pleasure to have groups such as the MCPA and hope that with your comments, we can continue to pick up some of the smaller meetings that come to OC. We look forward to your return next year!

Fredericksburg, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family and I have never been on a vacation together since having our new additions to our family( 7years old and 1 year old) We decided to stay at Paradise Plaza Inn over the June 29-July 7th week. We had GREAT room service! Our room was ready early so we got to check in earlier than we expected! I loved the beds! They were so comfy!! While there I hung my beach towel on the balcony railing to dry... A big gust of wind came and my towel blew off onto the balcony below us.... I didn't know what to do. Our room service went above and beyond to retrieve my towel from the balcony. It was just a cheap Wal-mart beach towel, But she went to the room and knocked, got no response... so she went in and got my towel from the balcony. It was a very nice thing to do!! I loved having a discount from purchases below the hotel at Sunsations!Thank You!! Not to mention I loved having Bath and Body Works soaps! On a different note... There is only a few things that I would love to see changed. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable... Which really is not a big deal... and the parking situation wasn't the greatest...Again wasn't a deal and I realize can not be changed. And lastly the pool is very small (nice, but small). Would I stay again? Yes, It was a memorable vacation :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Seven years is entirely too long for a vacation although as busy as you were with two kids, I am sure it flew by. Thank you for choosing the Paradise Plaza and allowing us to be your host while visiting OC. First and foremost, I am thrilled to hear that you found service more than accommodating and that our staff went out of their way to help you in any way they could. Many of our guests enjoy having the addition of on premise retail and food stores and they definitely take advantage of the savings. I understand what you are saying about the sofa beds. We did replace a few this past summer and have plans to continue doing so as we approach next season. Unfortunately as much as I would like to, we can’t replace them all at one time so we have to do it on a case by case basis. As you mentioned, there is little we can do with the parking although we have enough spots for all of our guests and it is after all just across the street. There are a number of Ocean City hotels that have multiple lots and many of those secondary lots are blocks away and not across the street. Although clean and refreshing, it would be nice to have a larger pool. I am sure though that you can imagine how precious boardwalk/oceanfront property is and most of our guests would prefer to have their room overlooking the beach rather than a swimming pool that they rarely use. I am glad you vacation was a memorable one and do hope to see you return soon and not wait 7 more years.

Montague, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have stayed at the Paradise Plaza Inn for several years now, during the month of October.When we attempted to reserve a room for this year, 2012.we were told that the price would be approximately $70.00 more per night than we had ever paid
When we asked about a returning guest discount, we were told that the price was firm. We emailed to request a reason, but our email was not returned.
We stayed in OC this past week and used another hotel. We were disappointed because in our opinion,the Paradise Plaza was the nicest hotel on the boardwalk. To add to our dismay,we met another returning guest on the boardwalk, she told us that she was given the same rate that she has paid in previous years. I wonder why we were not given the same consideration. I noticed that you answered other responses, and hoped that maybe you would anser mine. Margaret and Roger

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I do apologize for any misunderstanding and certainly for the fact that we lost a returning guest this month, hopefully not forever. Forgive me if I misread your review but I am a bit confused because our rates for this October did not go up from last year and we always offer a returning guest rate to our loyal customers. True, the rates for next year (2013) especially during the high demand periods such as Cruiser weekend have gone up. So if you were looking for a room this year, I honestly don’t know why you were told what you were. That is our mistake. I want you to know your email was not ignored; I honestly did not receive one through our regular email channels. I take great pride in answering all my emails, whether good or bad and always try to do so in a timely fashion. If you plan on returning next October, please call me personally. I will make sure you become a “return” returning guest. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Hope to see you back here soon.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!