“My family vacation was great!” 4 of 5 stars

Paradise Plaza Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #3 9th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #13 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Fredericksburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“My family vacation was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family and I have never been on a vacation together since having our new additions to our family( 7years old and 1 year old) We decided to stay at Paradise Plaza Inn over the June 29-July 7th week. We had GREAT room service! Our room was ready early so we got to check in earlier than we expected! I loved the beds! They were so comfy!! While there I hung my beach towel on the balcony railing to dry... A big gust of wind came and my towel blew off onto the balcony below us.... I didn't know what to do. Our room service went above and beyond to retrieve my towel from the balcony. It was just a cheap Wal-mart beach towel, But she went to the room and knocked, got no response... so she went in and got my towel from the balcony. It was a very nice thing to do!! I loved having a discount from purchases below the hotel at Sunsations!Thank You!! Not to mention I loved having Bath and Body Works soaps! On a different note... There is only a few things that I would love to see changed. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable... Which really is not a big deal... and the parking situation wasn't the greatest...Again wasn't a deal and I realize can not be changed. And lastly the pool is very small (nice, but small). Would I stay again? Yes, It was a memorable vacation :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Seven years is entirely too long for a vacation although as busy as you were with two kids, I am sure it flew by. Thank you for choosing the Paradise Plaza and allowing us to be your host while visiting OC. First and foremost, I am thrilled to hear that you found service more than accommodating and that our staff went out of their way to help you in any way they could. Many of our guests enjoy having the addition of on premise retail and food stores and they definitely take advantage of the savings. I understand what you are saying about the sofa beds. We did replace a few this past summer and have plans to continue doing so as we approach next season. Unfortunately as much as I would like to, we can’t replace them all at one time so we have to do it on a case by case basis. As you mentioned, there is little we can do with the parking although we have enough spots for all of our guests and it is after all just across the street. There are a number of Ocean City hotels that have multiple lots and many of those secondary lots are blocks away and not across the street. Although clean and refreshing, it would be nice to have a larger pool. I am sure though that you can imagine how precious boardwalk/oceanfront property is and most of our guests would prefer to have their room overlooking the beach rather than a swimming pool that they rarely use. I am glad you vacation was a memorable one and do hope to see you return soon and not wait 7 more years.

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Montague, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have stayed at the Paradise Plaza Inn for several years now, during the month of October.When we attempted to reserve a room for this year, 2012.we were told that the price would be approximately $70.00 more per night than we had ever paid
When we asked about a returning guest discount, we were told that the price was firm. We emailed to request a reason, but our email was not returned.
We stayed in OC this past week and used another hotel. We were disappointed because in our opinion,the Paradise Plaza was the nicest hotel on the boardwalk. To add to our dismay,we met another returning guest on the boardwalk, she told us that she was given the same rate that she has paid in previous years. I wonder why we were not given the same consideration. I noticed that you answered other responses, and hoped that maybe you would anser mine. Margaret and Roger

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I do apologize for any misunderstanding and certainly for the fact that we lost a returning guest this month, hopefully not forever. Forgive me if I misread your review but I am a bit confused because our rates for this October did not go up from last year and we always offer a returning guest rate to our loyal customers. True, the rates for next year (2013) especially during the high demand periods such as Cruiser weekend have gone up. So if you were looking for a room this year, I honestly don’t know why you were told what you were. That is our mistake. I want you to know your email was not ignored; I honestly did not receive one through our regular email channels. I take great pride in answering all my emails, whether good or bad and always try to do so in a timely fashion. If you plan on returning next October, please call me personally. I will make sure you become a “return” returning guest. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Hope to see you back here soon.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Paradise Plaza over Winefest weekend for our anniversary. We had an oceanfront jacuzzi suite during our stay. I will start off with my only real negative comment. There was some hair on the backside ledge of the jacuzzi tube when we got there (I'm a bit of a stickler for a clean room so I check things out) and the hair remained there for the entire time we were there. This lead me to question how well the tubs were cleaned. Having had past experience working for a spa who used whirlpool tubs and knowing what we had to do to clean them (even after they went through their self clean cycle), this didn't sit too well with me. BUT, the rest of the room was very clean and was maintained during our stay. Some updates could be made, but nothing major.
The package we received was a great value. The restaurant in the hotel was great and had very good food. The bartender offered some of the best service we have ever had. Very attentive and on top of things. The hotel staff was friendly and since we had no real issues, we only dealt with them on check-in and check-out. The parking was a little tight for our large truck, but that isn't something fixable. The noise from others in the hotel was almost unnoticeable. I could hear the sliding door for the people above us and then of others if our door was open. Other than that we didn't hear much noise (we did sleep with a noise machine at night). Overall it was a very nice stay. Having stayed in about 4 different OCMD hotels over the last 15 years, I would come back to Paradise Plaza Inn which I haven't been able to say about the other hotels. The manager Tim, is very easy to communicate with and responds to emails in a timely manner. I appreciated everything he helped with. Thanks Tim!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other potential guests. Again I have shared the issue you had regarding the Jacuzzi with our Executive Housekeeper as we received a similar complaint a number of reviews back and I like to discuss our guest’s feedback with her so she can pass it along to her staff and correct any issues we may have. I will admit she does take care of any feedback we receive as most of our employees do, so if we are not made aware of a problem, we can’t correct it. I am especially sorry though that it was missed over the course of a couple of days and it was not noticed by another staff member or Inspector. I do hope you come back to visit us on a future visit as our repeat customers are most valuable to us. Thank you.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Paradise Plaza in O.C. several times over the last four years and each time, we like it more than the last visit. Very friendly people at the front desk, great housekeeping services and the rooms are large and very pleasant. Would highly recommend this hotel on your next Ocean City, Maryland visit.

Room Tip: lots of the rooms are oceanfront and have jacuzzi bath tubs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks again for staying and allowing us to be your host while visiting Ocean City. We appreciate your continued patronage and value you as one of our many returning guests and hope you continue to do so for the years to come. Again thank you for acknowledging the friendly staff and “great” housekeeping services as we have strived to improve these two specific areas this entire past year. We look forward to your return and thank you for recommending us to your friends and family!

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here for the first time after Labor Day for 4 nights. Check in was easy, didn't have any issues with parking. Staff was nice and the room was big and clean when we checked in. Stayed on the 8th floor, ocean front, the view was spectacular. It was nice to have the fridge and the safe in the room. Being on the boardwalk is great too, close to everything.

The only things I can't say I didn't love was the tub, the sliding glass door, and the lack of floor cleaning. The tub was a jacuzzi tub (picked only because that was all that was available). It was a huge step to get in and out of it and then the middle of it felt like it was going to sink in and break. I know the cleaning staff came in daily and made our beds and gave us plenty of towels (thank you!!) but I don't think the floor was ever cleaned. The moths kept coming in from the sliding glass door that would not shut properly and we kept killing them and they were on the floor the whole stay, along with fuzzys from one of the towels.

Overall though, I really liked the hotel and am already planning my stay next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that overall your experience was delightful. I have already discussed your concern about the floor with our Executive Housekeeper. I know you were in one of our tiled rooms that many guests prefer but on the flip side you can certainly tell if it isn’t cleaned up to par when you can feel some remnants of sand under your feet when relaxing without shoes on. I also know what you mean about the Jacuzzi tubs and being such a stretch to step into the middle as they are significantly larger than a standard size bathtub. Fortunately in the 14 years we have been open, none have cracked and no one has fallen through! The moths were a definite issue this year. As a matter of fact it was this entire area/county and was even discussed numerous times on TV and the radio questioning where they were coming from and why there were so many? I never really heard of a reasonable answer. Unfortunately due to strong Nor’easter storms and hurricanes, many if not most of the hotels in Ocean City have removed their screen doors so they aren’t blown off and end up blocks down the beach during inclement weather. Without them and patio doors being left open or cracked a bit, they can be a bit pesky. I am sorry about that. One of our major winter projects is to fix the locks on the patio doors that have taken a beating from the salt air over the years. Thanks for sharing and I love the fact that you are already planning next year’s trip back to the Beach. Remember to ask about the return guest rate when booking your next reservation.

North Jackson Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

What can I say but WOW WOW WOW, we stayed from 9/27 thru 10/4, this is my favorite place on the boardwalk, in the middle of everything, the view to die for, listen to the ocean all night, NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT, check in was 5 minutes, Thank you again staff for a GREAT 6th year, so nice to see the updates to the rooms, I have nothing but GOOD to say about the PARADISE, the location is spot on!!, the staff as well!, the showers GREAT an HOT WATER.. the Tap House killer wings, an the manager well if all hotels had someone as caring an as attentive has him (Tim) they would be just as great, House keeping right on, as I read some of the harsh reviews, keep in mind these are hotels not mansions on the Ocean, there will always be wear an tear, but also, treat others as you would wanted to be treated!, we were greeted with a good morning everyday, an how was the beach, how is your day, these are the things that has brought us back!!, we are already booked for the 7th year an SOOO looking forward to it, again HATS OFF PARADISE see you AGAIN in Sept. 2013..If there were something I would like to see is tables on the balcony, to put coffee on, ashtrays instead of people putting cigs out an kicking them down below, just a thought, LOL...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! How I wish ALL guests were like you! I certainly appreciate your glowing remarks and I know my staff does too. Guests like you that have been coming here for years and take the time to stop and talk to us as well as share the good and the bad, the pros and cons with us are family. We love to see your smiling faces and jovial personalities just as much as you look forward to seeing ours. I know we are fortunate to have customers like you that do look at things realistically and realize that we are not perfect and sometimes have issues beyond our control that can’t be fixed immediately despite sounding very easy to correct. It happens more often than you would think. Guests like you make up for those that don’t always see things that way and are not quite as understanding. Your patio table has been dually noted! Thanks again – Can’t wait to see you next year. Drive safely.

Berwick, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've stayed in many hotels in Ocean City with my family, and I think this one is my new favorite. We had a rather bad experience earlier this year with a different hotel and were a little nervous about what we'd come into, but honestly, I can't think of a single major thing to complain about with this hotel! We had a room on the sixth floor, which afforded us with very large balconies with great views of both the ocean, bay, and out over the city. The flooring of the balcony could probably use some upgrading - but with the size and view, it more than made up for it. Inside the room, everything was very spacious! The beds were super comfortable, and everything was very clean. The bathroom was also great - plenty of room for you to unpack and feel like you were actually at home. One of our favorite things about the hotel was the $10 coupons for the restaurant downstairs. It really helps with meals and saves you a little bit of money (if you don't want to eat dinner there every night, their breakfasts were pretty solid and convenient!). The location, being right on the Boardwalk, was also great, no need to walk very far to get anywhere. At the end of our stay, we decided that we would definitely be back next year, and really look forward to coming back!

Room Tip: Sixth floor was great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. The entire staff including myself appreciates you taking the time to write something so positive. As you know it is typically general practice and human nature to only review or mention the negative and not the positive. We truly thank you for that! We look forward to your return.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!