“Wonderful place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Paradise Plaza Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #3 9th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #16 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is my group's 3rd year to stay at this hotel during Bike Week. Location can't be beat. Check-in goes smoothly, staff has always been pleasant. All of the suites that my husband and I have stayed in have been very nice. Clean and well-stocked. If you need extra towels, they are only a phone call away. Delivered promptly!!! Bath and Body Works toiletries are a nice touch. Bottled water supplied every day. Air-conditioning works very well. Beds are very comfortable. I believe that they are upgrading the rooms. One of our group had a single room and the floor was tiled. Looked very nice!!! The Taphouse serves great food. Didn't get to eat there this trip, but have had meals there in the past and wouldn't hesitate to eat there again. Didn't use the pool, have a whole ocean to swim in, but they do keep it clean. Keep up the good work Paradise Plaza, we will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your generous review and comments. It is such a pleasure to hear such positive feedback when you tend to hear the negative more often. You mentioned some of the things that we constantly strive for, day to day, to improve our customer service as well as to meet those expectations such as; clean rooms, fast responses and comfortable rooms. I am also glad that you took notice of some of the upgraded improvements that we have made this past year and will continue making during the upcoming “off season”. We look forward to your return. Thanks again!

Tim Goff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
McKeesport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff was unprofessional and inappropriate. The management team did little to accommodate for the poor customer service. The staff showed us 4 rooms. The rooms were dirty. The one room had ceiling tiles falling down. We didn't end up staying at this hotel after a 2 hour fiasco of trying to find us a clean room with no rust on the doors. The hotel did offere a full refund. It took about 4 hours to get that straightened out. Never again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
As I have mentioned before, we are not perfect. I am very surprised that you looked at 4 rooms and they were all dirty? I am sure there was more to this check in process than meets the eye. This certainly is not typical of our hotel and I do apologize. I will admit, some of the balcony slider door locks are rusty due to being exposed to the salt air but this too, is unfortunately not that uncommon at the beach hotels and certainly is not found throughout the guest rooms. We do plan on addressing this issue during the off season. I am glad we were able to refund your money and you were able to find a more suitable hotel.

East Berlin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I very recently stayed at this hotel for OC Bike week. Great location and the rates were very reasonable for a busy week like this. The room was clean and there were plenty of luggage carts available to transport our belongings. The staff was friendly and when we needed more towels, they brought them to us within minutes. The General Manager is very friendly and made sure that everything was going smoothly. I think overall this is a well rounded hotel and I would certainly stay here again! Thank you for a great weekend!!

Room Tip: The rooms with the balconies overlooking the boardwalk are always fun....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hope you had a great time during Bike Week! The weather certainly cooperated. I know our hotel as well as all of Ocean City is thrilled to have the Bikers in town every September! Thanks for your review and I am glad that we met your expectations and that our staff responded to your needs in a quick and efficient manner. By all means, keep us in mind for next year.

Franklin County, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We vacationed here with our son and we found the Paradise Plaza to be an average, older hotel with a great location that we would consider returning to when on a budget. The rooms and bathrooms were large. The kitchen was great. The staff was helpful. The ocean front price was reasonable. Wi-fi worked out nicely. Discounts at the bar (we didn't partake, but it's a good deal). Here are our concerns...all 3 of us developed allergies during our stay and found our room to be a bit musty. The AC unit is old and "kicks on" very loudly and often woke me up. The pool is behind the property off the parking lot (the photo on the website masks that very well), near the dumpsters. We did not use the pool because it was such a blah environment. My biggest pet peeves were the balcony and parking. If you value privacy, the standard oceanfront balconies will disappoint. You sit less than 4 feet from your neighbors, and we were unlucky to have a large crowd of smokers next door. We rarely used the balcony for this reason. If we stay there again, I would insist on a corner unit that would at least have only 1 neighbor, or the suite balconies which looked huge. Aside from the lack of privacy, the balcony was filthy and the management should SERIOUSLY consider new deck chairs. We had to bring a towel outside to sit each time. Parking is VERY limited at this property, so if you can't park in their main lot you have to park a block away. We had to park in the second lot one night and it's remote and not secure, not to mention inconvenient when you have luggage. If we return to OC, we will likely find a more updated hotel...but we would return here for a short stay knowing what to expect.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you'd like a more private balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and letting us know where we have the opportunity for improvement. I am sorry that everything wasn’t up to your expectations. I admit, we are an older property (14 years) and that may be seen in the physical property but we feel like we have maintained a clean property and have kept up to date with the room furnishings including bedding and the addition of flat screen TV’s that will be completed by next season. As you mentioned, if you are looking to save money, we ARE the most affordable and value priced oceanfront hotel in Ocean City, especially with our unbeatable location. Our pool is actually in the front of the hotel adjacent to our parking. It is tough to find a hotel pool that sits on the boardwalk, there are not too many. I understand your disappointment in the balcony although if you were to walk up and down the boardwalk, the balcony is quite consistent with all hotel balconies. It is primarily the condo balconies that are larger. The power washing of our balconies is definitely on the schedule for the off season when we slow down a bit. In season it is impossible to get on the balconies to do a proper cleaning when you have guests arriving before check in time wanting to get into their rooms. I am sorry though about the deck chairs as we did replace half of them this summer and will be replacing the second half next year. You must have been in a room that had the old ones. Unfortunately, being an independent hotel, we have to be mindful of our expenses and have to plan accordingly. Parking in FRONT of the hotel is limited, however in general we have plenty and our secondary lot is only caddy corner to the intersection in front of the hotel and not a block away. I do hope you keep us in mind for a future visit when looking for an affordable oceanfront hotel.

Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was our third stay this year and we just love it. The rooms are large, nice and clean. We stayed on a lower floor this time and it was really nice. We did the managers special with the champagne and food vouchers – wonderful! The staff was really helpful and we asked for a higher floor with the Jacuzzi (usually we have this but we made the reservation very last minute and the hotel was all booked) and the lady at the front desk was really helpful and found us one but the room wasn’t ready quite yet - only because we got there 4 hours early 12 pm when check-in is at 4 so we took the early check in the lower room (she let us look at the room beforehand ) but that's what so wonderful about this hotel. She gave us our choice, was very helpful and we are truly thankful. We also stayed at the hotel in June and had the best room ever (except it was senior week and if you're under 25 I would suggest a different time..lol) We're in our 50s but we had the Marlin suite (805 – I think) with an ocean front balcony and a huge side balcony than was the length of our room. Talk about wonderful!!! Nothing can beat it. Also location - location -location. Prime boardwalk with an umbrella stand right outside the hotel on the beach. Great if you love to people watch. Btw – September is a very nice time – days are warm, water is warm and nothing is crowded. We are going back next year for a full week!! Love Ocean City and the Paradise Plaza.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I can’t thank you enough for your kind review. You were very gracious to compliment the hotel and staff the way you did. I can’t be any more pleased to hear the firsthand accounts from guests such as you about your experience with the hotel and our service. The things you mentioned are items that we constantly try to instill in all of our employees, to make our customer service second to none. We may not have the newest hotel in Ocean City and we do make mistakes but it is guests like you that make it all worthwhile. Thank you! We look forward to your return.

Pottstown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had a great stay there for my second honey moon (39 years married ) .The hotel had a pacage plan for two nights which came with champange plus glasses and also gave us 40.00 voucher for their restaurantand 10.00 vouchersfor everyday we were there.The rooms were big ,clean, coffee machine,micro wave and small refrig. the employees helped you when you had a question about anyting.I would even take mywhole family there it's family friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Another couple celebrating a special event! Congratulations and thank you for allowing us to be part of this memorable event. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our Escape Package. You may also like to know that we have a Romance Package, a Pizza in Paradise Package and soon to be added, A Revisit OC Package that you might want to consider over the shoulder and winter months. Couples certainly enjoy the hotel in the “off season” and the families love it during the summer. I am thrilled to hear that you found the rooms inviting and the staff helpful. I do hope you will return soon and keep us in mind for a future family vacation.

Bel Air, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our anniversary getaway. You couldn't ask for a better location. The room was nice and the staff was friendly. We stayed in room 803. It had an ocean front balcony 2 queen beds and a sleep sofa. The bathroom had plenty of counter space, a jacuzzi tub with shower and a heating lamp. We would definitely stay here again!!! Maybe when we come back down with the kids in October for the teacher's convention.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Congratulations on your recent Anniversary! I am glad you made us part of your special celebration. As you had probably read, our location is just about the best. I am so happy that you found the staff nice and friendly because that is one area I truly believe we exceed. Hopefully you will keep our Romance Package in mind for your next anniversary but certainly would like for you do return sooner, hopefully in October as you mentioned. Thank you.

Tim Goff

Been to Paradise Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!