“Great Trip!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Boardwalk

You added Comfort Inn Boardwalk to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Boardwalk
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   507 Atlantic Avenue @ 5th St & Oceanfront, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Greensburg
“Great Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Traveled with my Mom, SIL and 11yr old niece. We stayed here for 4 days. Great location on Boardwalk. We were on the first floor oceanfront. Room was very clean and fresh. Beds were comfortable. I slept on the sleeper sofa and it was quite comfortable. All 4 of us felt safe. The breakfast bar was good. Fresh fruit, juices, coffee, cereal and fresh waffles. More than adequate for us. Maid service was great and all the staff was extremely pleasant and friendly. Have absolutely no complaints and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Baltimore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I am not that picky about my hotels and rarely write reviews. My room in this hotel had empty soda cans laying around and used toilet paper around the toilet. The couch had blood stains. I did not feel safe as my balcony connected to two on either side with a 3 ft divider- anyone could hop over and the lock on the door would not be a challenge. It also smells really bad everywhere in this hotel

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Cumberland MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

From the staff to the rooms I have nothing but good to say about my stay here! We walked in the door and were cheerfully greeted from the three people behind the desk. Within in 10 minutes we were in our very clean room and standing on the balcony looking at the gorgeous view! The staff was so helpful in giving directions and opinons on where to have dinner and things to do. I will definetly stay here again. Thanks Comfort in for a great weekend!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
penn hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Not bad locatio went for the fall car show. The room wasnt cleaned properly ;looked like a hit and miss more like a miss. In the evening there was always a desk clerk sitting watching TV with there bottle of pop..The breakfast buffet was really good and the staff was also Housekeeping was below par. This hotel has a great location but needs updated and that something extra

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Mount Union, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

My family, as well as extended family, have stayed at the Comfort Inn Boardwalk on multiple occasions. The hotel is very clean, staff is very helpful and friendly, serves a nice continental breakfast with hot coffee 24 hrs a day. We always have stayed in oceanfront rooms on the first floor (looking right out at the boardwalk and ocean) so I cannot attest to the other rooms in the main building or the rooms in the back building. Our rooms have always been spacious, clean, and comfortable. This is a higher priced hotel than some on the boardwalk, however we are able to fit more people (six to the rooms we rented) and because it's an efficiency we didn't spend as much money on food during our visit. There is a smaller pool in front of the hotel (between the balcony and boardwalk). I have never used that pool but my family has and they say the water is cold. The indoor pool in the back building is nice and warm and clean.

I can compare this place to several other places we've stayed in OC. We've stayed at the Plim Plaza multiple times. I really like the atmosphere and porch at the PP but the rooms are very very small. this year we need room for six people and would have had to get two rooms at the PP. Their biggest room is for four people. We would have had to spend almost twice as much to stay there so we are going back to the Comfort Inn this year. We have also rented a very nice oceanfront apartment up on 52nd street. It was big enough to sleep 12 so we shared it and the cost with my brother and his family. It was very nice having our own "space" big enough for ALL of us and cost us no more than renting two side-by-side rooms at the Comfort Inn however it was on 52nd street and we like the boardwalk atmosphere.

I do want to comment on one of the posts above. the poster said, "two large outdoor pools and an inddor pool) and a jaccuzzi, but also a sauna, an excersize room equipped with Nautilus (!) circuit training equipment, and a tanning bed." I do have to say that I have stayed at this hotel multiple times between 2006 and 2009 and have never noticed any of the things the other reviewer mentioned. There is only one smaller outdoor pool and one indoor pool. There is no jacuzzi, sauna, exercise room, or tanning bed. There was also no restaurant as the above reviewer mentioned. I wonder if they got their hotels mixed up. I mention these things only so that people are not misguided. Overall though I HIGHLY recommend this hotel! We are staying there again this year!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
cumberland, md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

Beautiful beachfront location. Roomy, comfortable room(efficiency with stovetop, micro wave, and refrigerator. Fairly clean...but a little bit of forgotten trash under/behind the furniture.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

The check in went very smooth. The staff was friendly. It wasn't the nicest hotel I've stayed at, but it wasn't the worst either. The room was a good size. The bed was very comfy. We couldn't hear any of the other guests while we were in our room. They had a free breakfast in the morning, which was continuously restocked. They also have waffle batter and waffle irons. That was nice to have something more than cereal and muffins. We found the location to be perfect. It backs right up to the ocean and there are many shops and restaurants in either direction on the boardwalk. I didn't go to the OC to stay in my hotel room, so I was pleased. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Boardwalk? Share your experiences!