“Friendliest, most helpful staff ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Boardwalk

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Boardwalk to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Boardwalk
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   507 Atlantic Avenue @ 5th St & Oceanfront, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Canton, OH
“Friendliest, most helpful staff ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Comfort Inn Boardwalk in Ocean City MD is at 5th Street, right on the beautiful boardwalk by the beach. Very clean. We had a balcony overlooking the boardwalk, beach, and ocean. This is the friendliest, most helpful hotel staff I've every encountered. Darrin, front desk day shift, was terrific in helping us make the reservation, giving us a great view, answering questions, and doing anything he could to make our stay enjoyable. Chris Greenwood, front desk evening shift, was super helpful as well, constantly going above and beyond what I would ordinarily expect of the front desk. Marie in housekeeping took good care of our room and was so friendly - she made me feel "at home". The maintenance staff was great too, quickly tending to a minor issue. Breakfast is the typical Comfort Inn hot breakfast, eggs-bacon-waffles-yogurt etc., fare. Besides the beach and walking the boardwalk, be sure to checkout nearby Assateague State Park/National Seashore for stretches of undeveloped beach with wild horses roaming free.

Room Tip: The corner rooms on the north corner give the best view of the boardwalk since one can see far to th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lothian, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good location on boardwalk. Parking is a little tight with a work truck. Rooms were reasonable during the "Off-Season". It appeared my room was recently remodeled and was very comfortable. I left too early to try breakfast, but it appeared to be a nice spread with some variety. I would recommend staying during non peak times as the price will be sky high in the middle of summer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Breakfast pros: Many options, including make-your-own waffles; English muffins and bread you can toast yourself; plastic-wrapped Sara-Lee sweet muffins; plastic-wrapped pastries; one morning there were hard-boiled eggs; coffee and tea (available all day); fruit (oranges, apples, pears); juices (cranberry, orange, apple, probably canned or reconstituted but they all tasted good); hot bacon; scrambled eggs; yogurt; condiments such as little containers of peanut butter and "buttery spread".
Breakfast cons: The scrambled eggs tasted like reconstituted powdered ones so I wouldn't recommend. No cream cheese for the muffins available when we were there. I would have loved some for my English muffin. If you like real butter bring your own.
Room pros: We had an oceanfront room and the view was lovely, overlooking all the kites that the next-door Kite Loft was flying. That was fun to see. The bathroom vanity had lots of room for our toiletries, etc. The bed mattresses and pillows were clean and very comfortable, and I'm very picky about these things. Small kitchenette with stove-top, microwave, and a really deep sink came in very handy. Comfortable Adirondack-style chairs on the balcony which I loved because I could set my coffee on the flat chair arms. Room was cleaned to my satisfaction with a few exceptions (see cons).
Room Cons: Bathroom towels were adequate but not as absorbent as they could be because they were a cotton blend. This is a typical problem of hotel towels, though. The water pressure is adequate but I wouldn't call it strong. When we arrived there were a few pieces of stray paper on the rug which was no big deal because the rest of the room was clean. My main complaint was some odd smell that came from the microwave. I cleaned it thoroughly before using it (the hotel provides a dish-cloth and dish-towel and also dish-soap) but still, the odd odor lingered for a while before going away. The plastic door to the freezer section of the refrigerator kept falling off and that was annoying.
Miscellaneous Pros: The staff was very accommodating, friendly but professional. The inside pool and the pool area was clean and the water pleasant (I'd describe it as being on the cool side of luke-warm) so I found it very easy to get used to. There were lots of towels in the pool area, on a cart.
Miscellaneous Cons: There is only one parking space allowed per room, so if you are meeting a friend then one of you will be offered, for $10 extra each night depending on availability, parking in their auxiliary lot, which is a block away next to a dark alley. There is mostly free street parking which I was very happy with, but be aware that in this section of O.C. the street block closest to the boardwalk is metered parking.
I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it. (note: we did not use the outdoor pool but other guests told us it was cold).

Room Tip: For best view of the ocean shoreline, choose 4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

It was basically what I expected for a comfort Inn and being at the shore. Overall we loved the King suite in the boardwalk building. We were able to park the car and come and go easily. All of the hotels in that location( including this one)are overpriced,as its seasonal. It was a typical Comfort Inn. My only real complaint was the pool. There were no steps to gradually walk into the pool...only 2 hanging ladders with bottom rung at least a foot or more up from the bottom. Anyone with back issues, knee problems or just older would have a difficult time, unless very physically fit. I couldn't use it and that was one of the criteria for choosing this hotel. I was extremely disappointed with that and will choose another hotel next time since part of my vacation plan was to enjoy the pool while I was there. Breakfast was ok. Terrible eggs but great waffles. Over all a good place to stay for location and convenience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Reading the reviews on this hotel seemed like it would be a great place to stay but I was completely wrong. I'm very shocked this place had so many nice reviews. The hotel was completly disgusting!!!! The halways were dirty and smelled horrible like wet mildew. The room was not much better... The bathroom was filthy, the towels in it were dirty, the shower was nasty and had hair from the prior guest inside of it.... The bathroom and bedroom both were moldy smelling. The carpet was dirty and the curtain to the outside patio was so filthy, it looked like the back side had something spilled all down it. We never even looked at the outside pool but the inside pool was GREEN with about 3 inches of dirt at the bottom of the pool. Even the outside drain pipes spilled out green slimmy stuff into the parking lot that smelled awful.... This was one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed at and for the high prices they charge for their rooms, it was entirely not worth it and I completly regret staying there!!!!!!!!!!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went with wife and kids. Room was clean except for filthy a/c filter and dirty vents. Also, pull-out bed had dirty sheets. Friendly and responsive staff. Lacking towels in indoor pool and water didn't look clean though they swore that it's checked twice daily.
Located on boardwalk at 5th street, next to the eclectic and wonderful Kite Loft.
Price was lower than most places in such a prime location.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm 58 yrs old and have stayed in many motels in my life for work and pleasure. My wife and I had never stayed here before, but after reading the reviews, we decided to give it a try. Very good location and was very pleased with the room. The only negative we found was the slow elevator. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Boardwalk? Share your experiences!