“GREAT LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Boardwalk

You added Comfort Inn Boardwalk to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Boardwalk
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   507 Atlantic Avenue @ 5th St & Oceanfront, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
owings mills maryland
“GREAT LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Located right on the boardwalk. ocean views and private balcony. The rooms were spacious with kitchnettes. Free full breakfast, which was good, cafeteria setting. Holiday weekend it was extrememly full. Both pools stayed full. But, you came for the beach. Which is steps away. Good check in and check out professional service. We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is only a five minute walk to the amusement park. So much to see and do in O.C

Room Tip: ocean front rooms on the higher level floors. better views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is your atypical mid-range hotel but with the added amenity of being right on the ocean. One disappointing factor is that the lower price rooms are in a second disconnected building with only partial views of the ocean and only if you are on the upper floors. That being said, the rooms were pleasantly clean and the kitchenette was a nice amenity. We didn't get maid service our first day there even after explicitly telling them we did in fact need maid service when asked. I don't know if they forgot or what. The next 3 days was fine however.

The breakfast was decent but VERY crowded. I suppose that is to be expected since we were staying the week of the fourth of July. It was disappointing though that 2 of the 4 days we stayed they were out of waffle batter by the time we got to breakfast (one of the few warm breakfast options along with bacon and eggs). The milk was also hard to come by. Everything else was always well stocked however. The coffee was great in my opinion. Just your typical free continental breakfast. Nothing spectacular but better than average.

The pools were well taken care of even though we only used the outside pool. The inside pool is in the separate detached building which is where we were staying so we saw it every day and could say that it looked fine.

The parking is a nice perk. Being right on the boardwalk though is why we stayed here. We watched the fireworks on the fourth right on the beach and didn't have to fight a crowd to get back to where we were going, just walk across the boardwalk to the hotel. It was fantastic.

Room Tip: If in the detached building, try to get a higher floor so you have a view of the ocean from the balc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We took a day trip to Ocean City, thinking of maybe finding a room on the strip away from the boardwalk. Stumbled on this hotel later in the day and found they had 1 room available for 3 of us (King bed & Sofa Bed). Got a fantastic rate for the night for a room on the 5th floor that was exactly all we needed for the night. Even made us contemplate scheduling another mid week trip later in the summer. Room/Hotel is a little run down which is totally expected but the staff was amazingly helpful especially Georgia who was working the front desk for the night. She was exceptionally knowledgeable, almost knowing what I was asking before I said it.
Fantastic stay for a last minute find.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CANTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Comfort Inn was very nice to us treated us like family helped out anyway the could,very clean rooms and very friendly people taking care of us.Our housekeeper Cindy Jones was just out of this world can't wait to go back again to see everyone thank you very much for a great vacation for me and my family!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Me and hubby went there for our anniversary Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel has a great location. We could literally walk right out of the door and step on the boardwalk. They have 2 pools an indoor and an outdoor. The indoor pool was a little musty the 1st day but when we went back the second day it was cleaner. It wasn't hot enough to get in the outdoor pool and it was kind of small anyway. 10 people probably would have been uncomfortable. Breakfast was also included. It was OK.. waffles, bacon and powdered eggs that were scrambled. Other than that is was basically continental. The room was nice though with a nice balcony. We had a street view but it was still nice because the ocean is on one side and the bay on the other. It was alright for the price and I probably would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Central, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We got in late and had to check out the next day ( they did let us Abe a late check out), so we didn't get to see much. However, we had no concerns. Room was clean, comfortable. Staff at night and the morning were friendly. Price was affordable. Easy location to walk to lots of places on the board walk. Housekeepers were super friendly and talked with us the next day. I would check it out again on a longer trip.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I shared a room with 3 friends. I slept on the pull out sofa; the mattress was a bit lumpy. The room originally didn't have enough towels and bed linen. I went to the lobby to request additional items, and the staff was very friendly and cooperative.

Our room was on the first floor in a separate building from the front desk. It was good having the ramp to pull a cart with luggage. Our room was next to the indoor pool. The restroom and changing room were quite small - for single use only. These rooms were a bit messy when I visited them. I was disappointed to learn that the indoor went to 5 ft. I couldn't lap swim due to the shallowness, and it was very chilly outside to go into the ocean or use the outdoor pool.

As for breakfast, there was plenty of food. The dining area was very small, so people could eat outside or in their rooms. Unfortunately, there was only 1 tray to carry food to the rooms. This is a problem when several people are sharing the room. The eggs weren't very good, but they didn't taste like powdered eggs as other people mentioned to me.

Our iron and clock didn't work. This might have been a big problem if this had been a business trip. With cell phones, I used mine as as an alarm clock. There were many outlets to accomodate all the cell phones and video camera used by my friends.

There was a small balcony but it was a bit noisy on ground level. I visited friends in another room on the fifth floor and it was a lot better on their balcony.

The microwave and refrigerator worked well. Thanks for including them in the room. I also liked having real dishes.

I had to go to another floor for the ice machine as my floor didn't have one. I liked the security of the door with card key entry. The parking lot was a bit small, but the company has space at another lot a block away. My friend verified in person before moving our car, so we wouldn't be without a parking space.

The hotel was, but I would have preferred more. I will continue to use Choice hotels. Next time, I would try another location at Ocean City. I woul like a larger pool and more space for the dressing/shower rooms. When travelling with a group, it's nice to have the additional shower facities to save time for fun. I don't want to be in the room all day waiting for people to use the bathroom.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Boardwalk? Share your experiences!