“Not the best, but what to expect in Ocean City” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not the best, but what to expect in Ocean City”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Perhaps I was used to more upscale beaches, but Ocean City, Md. is definitely not one of them. Lots of small, subpar hotels and this was one of them. I will take $250 a night elsewhere.

Pros:
On the Ocean
Near Seacrets bar/night life center. Absolutely the best part of Ocean City!!
Near lots of other things to do (putt putt, restuarants, etc.)

Cons:
Old
Run-down
Tiny Rooms
Expensive (but everything in Ocean City is)

Overall, I will take my vactioning elsewhere. For a $1000 weekend, a couple or a group of friends can go a lot of places. Nags Head, here we come.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel has always been their for me. They are helpful, curtious, and very accomidating. They are located just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but only a few minutes walk and you are on the board walk and riding a train to the active section. The rooms are perfectly appointed and well maintaned.

Room Tip: I prefer ground floor to keep noise down.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
walton, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here the last weekend of September and found the hotel very nice. We checked in late and the staff was very accommodating. The hotel was not far from the beach and could see from our balcony and the room was clean. We liked having the kitchen although we didn't cook. Making coffee and refrigerator helped alot. Parking was easy too! I would definately stay here again.

Westminster, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Spent 4 nights late September. Staff friendly and quickly replaced TV when we discovered one in room wouldn't work. Kitchenette was handy for light meals, beds were comfortable, room was clean, and plenty of hot water. Counter space in the bathroom was fairly limited for the three adults, but we made it work. Liked being able to see the ocean from the balcony and only a block's walk to the beach. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and we were extremely pleased. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. We enjoyed an evening at their Tiki Bar and were delighted with the entertainment.

The only thing that would have made our stay more comfortable is that they recently went no smoking and we were forced to smoke on our balcony. HOWEVER, that does seem to be the norm these days. We actually drove to the beaches in New Jersey last year and could not find a room that even allowed smoking on a balcony so we drove all the way home and never stayed!!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the north side which gave us a view of both the ocean and the bay. We were offered...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was a great place to stay and walking distance to the beach. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The place is neat and clean. Has a nice sized kitchenette with microwave, stove and fridge. The beds and pillows were wonderful. Great parking, especially if you have two cars there is plenty of space to park. The restaurant and pool is great! Will definitely go back. It is walking distance to some nice restaurants, Fisher's Pop Corn and Kohr Brothers Ice Cream. Also, Dirty Harry's Bakery is a MUST stop trip for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Davidsonville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I have stayed numerous times here and the accomodations are great. The hotel overall is very clean...rooms, pool area, restaurant, etc. and the staff is very friendly. We just stayed 3 days for Labor Day 2012 weekend. We left early and upon unpacking at home had realized I had left my jewelry that I had taken in the safe that was in our room. I called the front desk and spoke to Ulonda and she went right to our room and retrieved my jewelry. Then she hand carried it herself to the mailing center and made sure it was shipped out to me. She then called me to tell me it had been shipped. I received it the very next day and I will be forever grateful to her for her loyal help. She was wonderful. She knew I was upset and kept telling me it will be okay and it will get to me. Thanks so much Ulonda!! We will see you again next summer.

Room Tip: We enjoyed being on the pool side where you could sit out on your balcony and hear the live music al...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Oceanblock? Share your experiences!