“Great stay on the beach in OCMD” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #38 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
New Jersey
“Great stay on the beach in OCMD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantic the weekend before the 4th, for four nights. My husband and I and our 2 small children stayed in an oceanview, 2nd floor room with 2 queens and a pull-out sofa. I've been coming to OCMD my whole life, but this was the first time we came as a family. For the price and location, we couldn't have asked for a better hotel.

Some notes:
-- Best hotel location: on the beach, no nearby high-rises, etc. Seriously - this made our vacation.
-- The staff, especially the front desk crew, were always pleasant and helpful.
-- The parking situation was handled beautifully. We arrived early on Saturday during the check-out/check-in cross-over and parking was hard to find. They had their security out checking parking tags and offered to move our car when a spot opened up.
-- If you're expecting the Ritz, you'll be disappointed. The hotel was very basic, but not shabby. Very typical of other budget friendly hotels/motels in OCMD. You can see how they're slowly moving through the upgrades - I think the oceanfront rooms are probably a little nicer.
-- It was always clean, but there could be improvements. Like other reviewers, our bedsheets never fit quite right and a corner always popped off. I still don't understand why all hotels don't get rid of the crappy bedspreads and go with the white duvet/coverlets like the chain hotels. Haven't we all seen enough Oprah black-light specials?
-- The mattresses have seen better days, but it didn't ruin our trip - we all slept great.
-- The kitchenette was great and well stocked w/ dishes, cups, etc. I'd suggest they keep dustpans/swiffers in the rooms to help manage the sand we tracked in - but they'd probably get lost or stolen. But that would have come in handy for us.

I can recommend:
Belly Busters: Crabs & sandwiches & beer. We would bring the kids back to the room for their naps mid-day and one of us would grab sandwiches from Belly Busters down the block and we'd eat on our balcony.
45t Street Taphouse & OC Steamers: Great location right accross the street and they were really cool with the kids (sand-pail souvineers, etc.)
Fish Tales: Go early, stay forever. Good food, great drinks, amazing concept with the play area/face-painting for the kids.
Heavy Crabs @ 42nd & Coastal: I ordered crabs to bring home for the 4th - they were pricey, but hands down the best crabs I've had in years. The owner and staff are phenomenal.

Avoid at all costs: the Jolly Roger "amusement park". A complete and utter racket. Terrible staff, terrible concept. We should have just walked out when we learned how much it cost. Stick to the boardwalk.

All in all, I've already recommended it to friends and we'd definitely stay here again. Well-managed property in a prime, can't-be-beat location.

Room Tip: Oceanfronts have been upgraded first, the higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear valued guest, thanks for you business during the 4th of July celebrations. We are so happy you made The Atlantic Oceanfront Inn your holiday accommodations. We do boast an amazing location close to night life, dining, local attractions and we are directly on the beach!
The Carousel Group did take over this hotel in 2011 and has been making some great improvements to the property and the rooms. We do offer an amazing vacation package as well. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
waterford, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

They were wonderful. We came to town and didn't have any reservations, and they had wonderful clean, oceanview rooms for us. I would without a doubt stay there again! They were the only hotel that could get us a room for a three night stay for four. And the rates were reasonable, especially for the 4th of July week!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn as your vacation accommodations! We hope you had a great opportunity to experience the fireworks either uptown or downtown at the inlet. We also hope you had a chance to enjoy our great location near Seacrets night club and the 45th St. Village. We also offer the Carousel Group Vacation Package. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope to see you again soon!
bethlehem,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I don't spend the money on 5 star resorts,but we do want a clean room and on or close to the beach and this one meets our needs. It is right on the ocean also very close to restaurants,bars and shopping. It was clean the staff was friendly,the only complaint I had was we stayed in room 104 and the AC never got the room really cold, in was very hot and humid out so that might have had something to do with it,but when I go for a run on the beach I would like my room Ice cold when I get back. But with that said I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for a ocean view,1st floor view is blocked by dunes.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for your excellent review! We work hard at the Atlantic Inn to make sure your stay is one to remember. We do have a great location, directly on the beach, close to Seacrets restaurant and night club, and we are just steps away from 45th st village and The Taphouse as well. We do hope you had a chance to enjoy all the Carousel Group Vacation Package has to offer. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest in beautiful Ocean City!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for the week of July 4th. Had a great ocean front room on the 5th floor. Room was spacious, bed very comfortable. Front desk personel were very helpful with suggestions and directions. The hotel has fresh coffee and juice in the AM. I would recomend using the bus service, since driving around can be difficult.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn as your vacation accommodations! We have worked hard to make sure your vacation is one to remember. we hope you had a chance to take advantage of all the Carousel Group has to offer. The Carousel Group Vacation Package offers the most amenities in Ocean City! Book a room at our hotel and get great discounts just for being our guest! Guests staying at any of our great hotels can join us for - FREE Ice shows every night at 6:30 (June 12 - Aug 20). - FREE Voucher for our free family photo night, - FREE Movies on the beach Wednesdays on 118th st - FREE Family movie night at the Carousel - FREE Live entertainment on Carousel Back patio everyday in the Summer from 2 - 6pm - 10% discounted dining at The Carousel. Thanks again for being our guest, we hope to see you again soon!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great stay for the price. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful the whole stay. We enjoyed the pool that you could tell was cleaned daily of sand and stayed open in the evenings. Cleaning staff was super sweet and very friendly also :-) Loved that it had a kitchen unit so we didn't always have to go out to eat. This was also the first hotel that I slept on a pull out couch and never felt and springs enjoying a good nights sleep. We had no complaints about this hotel and taking advantage of the special rate the hotel had that week made our stay so much more enjoyable so we could spend extra money on other things to do at the beach!!!!! Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend an ocean view room on a corner and ask for a higher floor for the best view of the beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for you business and thank you for the review! Our hotel boasts some of the best views in OCMD and some of the best rooms available in our location. Getting to the beach from you room h as never been easier, and the full kitchens are a great addition to any vacation. Thanks again for the great review, and thank you for being our guest!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First, I checked in a little after 12 am and I had to wait until the security guard checked my room (312) before she gave me our key. That was scary! I checked the sheets to make sure the room/ beds were not used. Second, the carpet in the room was filthy/sticky we had to walk with flip flops on like we were in a community shower area, third the sleeper sofa has stains all over it I took pictures of the worse ones, fourth the next morning we go to take a shower and there is pink and black mildew on the curtain we had to take turns holding the shower curtain away from our bodies so the mildew part would not touch us while bathing! Fifth, mildew caulking in the tub area. We didn't put the DND sign on the door in the hope they would see the mildew on the shower curtain and change it out Did not happen! The shame of all of this is we had 5 other rooms booked for the sand soccer tournament at this hotel and all of their rooms had issues as well. I am definitely giving the company who negotiated the contract for the rooms for the tournament a call. No one should be subjected to filthy and disgusting rooms at the price we all paid!

• Stayed June 2013
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear valued guest, thank you for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn as your vacation accommodations. Despite being in an incredibly safe area, we do have a security guard and we do lock our doors after hours. We do have strict policy adherence in accordance with our standards and apologize on behalf of your experience. We have notified the property manager whom is going to be personally taking care of these issues himself. These are some of the nicest rooms on the beach and we cater to thousands of happy customers every season, we are disappointed that you were not one of them. Please give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

We have been the 2013 Trip Advisor certificate of excellence for outstanding service and excellent reviews.
richfield, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I seldom complain. But our room was far from clean. I don't care if the room isn't anything special, but I want it clean. We arrived in the room June 16th. The bathroom had hair and dirt built up in the corners under the sink. As soon as I walked near the bed I smelled vomit. We contacted the front deck who was going to send someone but no one ever showed up. The entire night we smelled it and I had powder so I powered the bed and the floor. We packed up yesterday to come home and as I was folding up the pull out sofa I saw a half eaten piece of pizza behind the sofa. It wasn't ours! We didn't have pizza in the room. We checked to make sure we didn't drop anything behind the dresser and there was all kinds of things back there. My friend checked the kitchen cabinets and found a half smoked joint. The room , 302, was okay and we liked the location of the motel. The balcony was really nice. It was a nice feature to have beach chairs to use. The best thing is the beds are very comfortable. But I don't think we will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear concerned guest, thanks for your business and thank you for your review. We do have a checks and balances system in place to ensure policy adherence when it comes to cleaning our rooms. Our rooms are cleaned on a daily basis unless the guest desires otherwise. We do apologize for the condition of the room and have notified the property manager in order to prevent any dissatisfaction in the future. We are working hard to EARN your business back and ask you to stay with us once more in beautiful Ocean City. Thank you again for being our guest.

Been to Atlantic Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!