“Good location and this is all you'll get” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Oceanfront

We can't find prices for this hotel
Rodeway Inn Oceanfront
You added Rodeway Inn Oceanfront to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29th St. on the Ocean, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #73 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Los Angeles
“Good location and this is all you'll get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

It's on Ocean front but has rooms directly on (I'm not kidding) the street. People walking on the street can knock on your door or window. At the same time, the building is very old and very noisy (of course, you're ON the street that never sleeps in the summer days).

Break fast is basic and adequate, as their staff.

room is basically clean but the towels had some left over hair.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Nothing about this hotel is memorable. I guess it was clean but I wasn't impressed at all. The pool was really small. If you're older and you just want to get out and stay at somewhere next to the beach for 2-4 days I suppose this will do, but with a family with teenagers this hotel was just boring...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
fredericksburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

MY Teenage daughter and went to this hotel for a cheerleading competition. We had to pay for a two night stay 1/2 before we got there and 1/2 when we arrived. The room was filthy,toilets not cleaned, hair on the floor and shower of the bathroom.,crayon on the headboards,rust,mildew in the showers and sink.Sure i called the front deskand requested it to be cleaned.The cleaning women came and just sprayed everything with lysol and left.The "non-smoking rooms are saturated with the stench of smoke.Inside polo is so dirty you could not see the bottom.As far as the balcony view from the second floor is obstructed by a very large machine.When I approached the manager his response was" well you already paid".When I arrived to park there is limited parking in the dark..This Inn is badly behind the times as far as customer service and cleaning. I will never recommend this terrible experience to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
UD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

My Fiance and I needed a quick getaway. When we arrived at the Rodeway, the building/motel where you check in looks just like the other cheapie hotels/motels on Baltimore Ave. We had an ocean view so we were in the tower on the beach. The room was great! This place far exceeded my expectations.

The hall was clean and it smelled very nice. There was also an indoor pool. The room was clean and it smelled very nice as well. The silverware in the kitchen was spotless as well as the bathroom. The ocean view was wonderful and the room was a decent size. There is a small dining table in the room next to the balcony overlooking the ocean. Perfect scene for a meal. The balcony is nice, although I wish they were a bit more private. They have half walls kind of like a bathroom stalls. It's kind of odd seeing a neighbor trying to peek at you through the gaps!

My only qualm is not with this establishment but some of the guests that were staying there. As I stated above there were people trying to peer through the gaps when they heard the balcony door open. In my case it was two older men who did nothing but drink beer and smoke cigarretts on the balcony during their stay. There was also a noisy family a few doors down. There must have been at least 6 people in that room. We could hear them in our room. (I can imagine what those in between went through!) When they were on the balcony they were so loud, their voices echoed & vibrated the steel on the balcony. Very annoying to listen to when you are trying to relax.

Altoghether, it was a nice place. We make several trips to OC every year. We plan on coming here again next year. This place was way better than I had expected.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Melrose, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

Stayed for 3 nights in August. It was direct oceanfront with 2 double beds and a sofa sleeper. It had a microwave and small frig...bathroom was nice and big (maybe a handicapped one?) There was a continental breakfast (bagels, muffins and small pastries) coffee juice and tea. This was more than adequate for my boys 19 and 15. We were on the busline and you can ride all day for 2.00. The room was clean and neat. The balcony was fine as was the whole stay. This hotel was significantly less per night than any around and it was definitely great for the money. Oh, it also had a great large indoor pool and an outside pool...the outside pool was a little dated, but it served the purpose on the 90 degree days. All in all it was better than I thought and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Drexel Hill, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

My greatest issue with Rodeway Inn Oceanfront is the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom such as hairs in the bathtub from the previous tenants, mold surrounding the top of the bathtub wall, and rusted out metal fixtures. As soon as we saw the bedcovers, we could tell they hadn't been washed from one guest to the next. The room overall had a "icky" creepy crawly feeling to it - not just to me but to my kids. Other than those issues, the staff was nice and accomadating with exception to the laziness and unthoroughness of housekeeping. The oceanfront room was nicely appointed and the beds were comfortable to sleep in. There's an refrigerator & microwave in the room with a complete set of dishes for your convenience. The room came with a private balcony overlooking the pool and deck with a direct unobstructed view of the ocean, beach, & dunes. There's an outdoor pool as well as a very nice heated indoor pool. The location is about two blocks from the end of the boardwalk & centrally located to stores, fast food, restaraunts, & amusements such as the Jolly Roger which is located literally across the street. If you need an economic place to stay, this would be the place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

My family stayed here 8-17 to 8-22-09. Have been here 2 other times, so we know what to expect. What we got was a great room in the oceanfront bldg on 4th floor. These rooms have 2 double beds and a sofabed, plenty of room for 3 adults and a 10 yr old.The kitchenettes are great, as they allow you to heat up some snacks or dinners in the microwave, toasters or toasting bagels or bread. The counter height refrigerators are great also. Room for the bottled water to take down to the beach!!Oceanfront rooms are the way to go here, as the streetside rooms are not as nice, from what I remember from years ago. We had no problems, except that one day, the elevator wasn't working for a good part of the day. This would be the only complaint. They could really use a second elevator here.This hotel is at quiet end of boardwalk ( only a block and a half away). Continental breakfast served in lobby consists of pastries, bagels, muffins, juices and coffee and tea. This worked out fine for us. We only had a sitdown breakfast one morning, at a hotel 2 bldgs over.. Another thing that they could update would be the shower heads in bathroom. A little bit more pressure would have been great! Housekeeping was wonderful, always had plenty of towels, and we had no problems with bugs, as another review had mentioned. Would I recommend this hotel , absolutely! Price is right. Always ask about discounts. We had AAA, but a discount for staying there before actually was lower than the AAA rate. This was withing walking distance of restaurants, a golf course, and the Jolly Roger Amusement Park and Water Park. Just remember, You are always going to find a few reviews that aren't good, but that could be the guests themselves that just want to find something to complain about. You get what you pay for, and I think that the Rodeway Inn is a great place to stay when in Ocean City!!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Oceanfront? Share your experiences!