“Solid OC hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Maryland
“Solid OC hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stay here once a year in the off season and never have any complaints. Some of the rooms are a little dated but I think they are working on renovating. The pool is nice and the Thanksgiving and Easter buffets are very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
We're happy to report that not only have we started guestroom renovations (60 this year, and the balance in the next off season); but we are in the process of redoing our lobby. Pictures of the remodel can be found on our facebook and instagram pages. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Clarion Resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Gainesville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Rooms were dated, musty smelling, the too familiar bathroom sink and shower did not drain. Poor/ slow wireless internet service. Had to move furniture to find outlets for charging. However, the convention center for meetings was very nice!

• Stayed October 2013
We appreciate all of our guests' opinions, and to that end, I'm happy to inform you that we have been busy making many renovations this winter. We are in the process of redoing the lobby, and 60 of our guestrooms. The balance of guestrooms will be completed in the next off season. Please visit our facebook and instagram pages for photos of our progress. Thank you for your patronage and we hope you visit up again in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a corvette event and we were not happy at all. The parking was insane, the hotel booked a wedding event the same time as the convention. When the group came back almost all the parking spaces were taken up by the wedding party. The food that was prepared by the hotel was overpriced and DRY. At $30.00 a person the fried chicken should have been falling off the bone, instead it was dry and mostly wings, the breasts were cut up into small pieces that were hard to find. For dessert we had cupcakes. This hotel will not get my hard earned dollar anymore.

• Stayed October 2013
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I'm sincerely sorry that you didn't enjoy staying with us during the convention this year; we always enjoy hosting the group. We do have a satellite lot across the street for extra parking, with a crosswalk a block away, which we encourage people to use for their safety. We did have a wedding here that same weekend, with more than half the attendees staying overnight with us. We appreciate all of our guests, and the groups that trust us with their patronage.

I do hope that you let your server know the pieces of chicken you had were too dry for your tastes. Regarding the food, to be clear, the approximation of $30 was for an all-you-can-eat buffet that included the Maryland Fried Chicken, but also included Spicy Steamed Shrimp, Maryland Crab Soup, Baked Ziti, a Starch, Vegetables, Rolls and Butter, Coffee, Hot Tea, Iced Tea, and Assorted Desserts. The figure also included gratuity.

I do hope you will reconsider and stay with us again when you come to town. Whatever your decision, we wish you safe and happy travels.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I travel to OC a few times a year. I stayed here overnight in September and it was better than I expected. Rooms were updated and staff was very friendly. It's fine for a quick getaway. Most OC hotels are overpriced and of questionable quality but this hotel was a good value and looked as pictured.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your patronage, and are glad you were pleased with your stay at the Clarion Resort.
Port Jervis, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

this was a very nice hotel and has so much to offer I was however surprised when I found out that they allow people to bring pets ,dogs when I booked my vacation I notice that it said pet friendly but did not pay much attention to that meaning until I got there. I love animals so don't get me wrong but I don't want to sleep in a bed or room that has had dogs in it the first day there my husband had to call security because a lady put her lab dog in the indoor pool that's nasty another lady had her dog sitting at the bar outside animals are cute but there still animals not people and should be treated as such some one else and a giant massive dog that was so big that he had to ride the elevator alone what if some one brings a pit bull and in attack some one will the hotel be liable? so other than that the hotel is great and I plan on going back PS yes the dogs bark at night in the room

Room Tip: Rooms have great beach side view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry that you didn't completely enjoy your experience at the Clarion Resort. We are pet friendly but restrict pet guestrooms to two floors. I'm happy to say that in the 30 years we've been welcoming pets, there have been no incidents involving aggressive dogs or injuries to anyone involving pets. When you are ready to return, upon arrival, please ask the front desk to put you away from the pet floors and then you won't be able to hear them at night. Thank you so much for your patronage, and we look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't impressed. I had reserved the hotel for a bachelorette party and we got there and found out the hotel was on 101 street and all the bars/clubs/resturants were by 1-10th street. So that was annoying. Then I paid extra for a beach front room and it was literally the smallest step out and the beach was to the side of us not even in front of us. Also when I was checking out apparently they were having some computer problems. Waited in front of one girl for probably six minutes and then finally someone came over and helped her out which took another five minutes. Not impressed the website makes it look WAY better than it acually wasWould not stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I apologize that we were having computer issues when you checked out. I know it can be very frustrating when you're in line and there are computer problems standing between you and being on your way. We're not fond of them either, and it's frustrating for us to see our lines get longer while we deal with these complications. Our IT staff does their best to minimize computer issues, and happily, they do a great job, so these annoyances are few and far between.

Regarding your other concerns, while I'm certainly sorry to hear of them, I'm a little confused. In all of our literature, ads, and descriptions, we're very clear that our rooms are ocean view. While the hotel itself is oceanfront, the rooms were built so the views are of the ocean to one side and the bay to the other. The balcony is a standing balcony, also of which we're very clear about in our brochures and internet sites. The good news is that we do have directly oceanfront suites with large balconies in the building next door; and renting those gives one all the amenities that having a hotel room would offer.

I'm not sure how you booked your reservations, but all venues that I'm aware of have either our address, or 101st St and the Beach, to make it clear where we're located. If there is a site that didn't offer you that information, would you please message me and let me know? I'd like to get that rectified as soon as possible if that's the case. Also, while of course we would recommend our own bars and restaurants, if you wanted to leave the hotel, there are at least eight places here on the north that are very popular with both tourists and locals.

Please know that we do appreciate your patronage, and hope that you will visit with us again the next time you are in Ocean City.
Sayreville, New Jersey, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I took our teenage daughter and her best friend for a long weekend the end of july. We have been to OC many times but not in the last 3 years, though we did have a great timeit would have been even better with out all the crowds. I dont know if its all the new advirtising or that Sandy had her way with the Jersey shore but wow. Wall to Wall cars, it took us 2hrs just to get into OC after getting into MD. From Central Jersey it normaly takes 21/2 - 3 hrs total. Anyway hotal was great, room clean had little problem with slow drain on tub, called desk and was taken care of right away. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will be able to visit with us again. Ocean City also has a lot happening in the fall and spring, so if you want a bit less of a crowd, you may want to consider vacationing here in those "off" seasons. Whatever your choice, we're happy to welcome you back in any season!

Been to Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel? Share your experiences!