“RENOVATE!!!!!! Get rid of the old carpet & smell.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“RENOVATE!!!!!! Get rid of the old carpet & smell.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel has an excellent location but is not worth the money. Very old and dingy. The rooms need major renovation. The restaurant is depressing and the food is average at best.
Will never return or reccommend.

• Stayed August 2013
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. It's very disappointing to us when a guest is unhappy. We have ongoing renovations during our off-seasons, and plan on continuing in that vein. Our guestroom carpet has been replaced within the past three years; several floors just last year. The drapery has been changed, flat screen TVs installed, granite counter tops and new floor tile in the guestroom bathrooms, and the lobby furniture has been replaced.
Thank you for taking the time to post, and we wish you safe and happy travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

It is no wonder every employee is so helpful and friendly when the owner, Lenny seems to be everywhere and is amazingly kind, friendly and approachable. The location is perfect right on the beach with a wonderful indoor and outdoor pool, outside and inside dining. We had 32 people for the buffet and the staff and service was fantastic. Dog friendly with an entire floor for travelers with pets.
Highly recommend this for couples or families.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you, and you are absolutely correct! Our owner is one who leads by example, and personally sets the standard of excellence for which all employees strive. We appreciate your patronage, and we hope to see you again soon.
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights to enjoy the beach and had a great time. The hotel is right on the beach and has both an indoor and outdoor heated pool. There is a bar outside with a live band playing songs you can dance to. The hotel restaurant is good and it has live music as well, so you basically can just hang out at the hotel if you want to.

This is not the Four Seasons, but the rooms are decent sized with a little fridge and microwave. The internet is slow, so I wouldn't plan to do work here. All the staff were cheerful and provided good service. This is a dog friendly hotel but we didn't see or smell any ill effects (but full disclosure, we love dogs).

Overall the location is what you are paying for, but the social activities and other amenities were a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed August 2013
We're happy you had fun during your stay with us! I hope you get a chance to come back and play with us again!
Ossining
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great place, with great amenities. Clean, friendly, nice size rooms, right on the beach. Bar/ restaurant right on the beach, nice touch. Pet friendly, just wish there was washing machines.
Have been there twice, love it, will definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay! We do have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites available next door that have washers/dryers if you'd like to inquire about them the next time you visit with us. We're looking forward to welcoming you back!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My fiancee and I recently went for four day getaway from life. When we arrived, we were told to wait until 4pm exactly and our room would be ready. While in the waiting area, I looked up and EWWWWW the ceiling is disgusting but I decided to wait until I saw the room. My room was right by the elevators (bummer). BUt was very nice and clean. Yes it is a little dated but nothing crazy. The views are nice if you do not mind standing and overlooking the other hotel guest in their pool. The breakfast was good. I ate there every morning. The seafood bar was eeehhhh, nothing to brag about (maybe that is why I only WASTED money once). The waiters were very kind, one even did a couple special request for my fiancee since it was my birthday. The bar outside was okay. VERY VERY VERY WEAK DRINKS. So bring your own. I mainly stayed in the indoor pool since the outdoor pool was always packed. This hotel is not near the boardwalk but it was pretty cool to ride the $3 all day bus back and forth. I also read other speaking of the parking. Thankfully, when I arrived someone just left from a front parking spot and after that I did not move my car until I left. HBO barely played and wi fi was okay. In my opinion, the hotel satisfied me being that I NEVER stayed in a hotel before (too scared of dirty sheets etc) . But I will say there were a lot of 55+ there, mainly at the bar and restaurant and the live band tends to perform for them so it was hard for me to enjoy myself in that aspect. Besides that I loved it. Thinking about going again with my kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We're pleased that you stayed with us on your first hotel visit, and we're glad you're considering returning with your children! I'm sorry that there were aspects of your getaway that you were not completely happy with. If at any time during your stay you experience something with which you're not satisfied, please let a management team member know as soon as you're able. We want to resolve any issues for you while you're still visiting with us.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we're looking forward to welcoming you back.
Rising Sun, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Despite the unfriendly and apathetic service from the front desk, the rest of the hotel is fantastic in my opinion. My boyfriend and I got room 1409 which is weirdly placed (by itself on the left of the elevator) but a great room! There is a king bed(SO comfortable) with a TV mounted on the wall, and also a couch with a separate TV area, which was nice. Everything was very clean and updated. The private beach area was nice. Did not spend time at the outside or inside pool but a good amount of other guests seemed to be enjoying them. We enjoyed that there were easily accessible restaurants in the hotel so we did not have to leave if we did not want to. I'd recommend this hotel and there is a good chance I will be staying here in the future!

Room Tip: Room 1409 is great for privacy!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, and we're glad that overall you enjoyed your visit. I'm sorry for the unpleasant demeanor you encountered at the front desk. Our staff is generally very friendly and helpful, and I'm disappointed that is not what you experienced. We appreciate your patronage and hope to welcome you back soon.
Florence, Toscana, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Not very happy, the Hotel is ok, the front desk is VERY VERY Unfredly. If you want to check in at 1 pm just forget it. Very Poor Customer Service they need more training.
I will not go back to this Hotel. I book ocean View Room, but I have was Bay View, The MINI balcony is so so so small is patetic.

This Hotel is not that good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm very sorry that you weren't extended excellent customer service at the front desk. That is never acceptable, and we appreciate you making us aware of the situation. Our check in time is at 4pm, and even when we can accommodate an early check in, I can't recall it's ever been as early as 1pm. We need time for the housekeeping staff to get rooms cleaned after check out at 11am.

Our balconies are standing Juliet-style, and offer views of the bay to one side, and a view of the ocean from the other side. Our suites next door have large balconies that are directly oceanfront, and are available in 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms.

Thank you for making us aware of these issues.

Been to Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel? Share your experiences!