“Nice hotel at the beach.” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Herndon, Virginia
“Nice hotel at the beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for Corvette weekend in early Oct. it's big enough to hold a few hundred corvettes and owners, and has a hall for entertaining and food for a crowd. Place is in good shape, and the staff were nice. Check-in and out we're very fast. I'm sure all of the 'vette owners appreciated the large parking spaces as well - no dinged doors!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
We look forward to having you all visit with us every year! It's fun for the staff, and we're glad it's enjoyable for you, too. Thanks for posting!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my husband and I first stay at this hotel and also our first time traveling with our dog. I thought the hotel was very nice and clean. Check in was very quick and when I asked some questions the front desk was very knowledgable. The room had a nice view of the beach and was very clean for being a pet room. Housekeeping does a great job!! The dog park area was really nice, that is one reason why we choice this hotel over another Choice hotel. I can't trust my dog off leash, so this was a nice way for him to be off leash and stretch his legs. When we stepped out the second day I let front desk know so that the housekeeper could clean our room and she had it done by the time we got back. Everyone was very friendly! We hope to come again off season, since that is the only time dogs are aloud on the boardwalk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
It's great that you were able to enjoy your time away with the whole family! We hope you make it back in the off season so your dog can enjoy the boardwalk and the beach! Thank you for the post.
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I didn't notice any big problems here. Except I was told I was being upgraded to an ocean view and no extra charge, and I was charged extra. If I hadn't paid attention I would have paid for it all, but the staff was very nice when I brought it to their attention and fixed it promptly. My room was nice. I was here for a conference and the food service was great and the bartender in the ball room was an amazing good sport for our scavenger hunt game. I would stay here again. I did hear complaints about the heaters not working for a few people, but my room was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon!
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This property needs to be upgraded and new management installed. The bathroom door did not close, one of the towell racks was broken, and the vinyl was peeling off the bathroom wall. It was obvious that these problems were not new and of long standing. The staff constantly barged on the elevators pushing guests against the wall. In one instance, the staff made a person in a motorized wheelchair back out of the elevator so that they could put a cart on and then allowed the wheelchair to get back on. Both my wife and I talked to the manager on duty (Mark). Our impression was that he could not have cared less about our comments. As to the issues regarding the elevators, Mark indicated that the hotel did not have a service elevator so, apparently, inconveniencing the guests was OK and standard procedure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
I sincerely apologize that you walked away with the impression that Mark didn’t care. That’s absolutely not the case; inconveniencing our guests is not okay, and definitely is not standard procedure. The items in the room that you reported have been fixed, and due to you voicing your concerns, the staff has been informed that the guests always have the right of way on the elevators. This has been supported by signage posted in the employee areas. Mark took your feedback very seriously, as he does with every guest. We do hope to welcome you back soon, and show you that customer service is our first priority. Thank you for taking the time to post.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Clairion use to have reputation for being slightly above average hotel but it has declined....at one point it was the only game in town and was very good but not now ..service people were nice enough except for bartender who was more interested in serving the "locals' than serving other patrons....but one in our group had fleas in her room and had to be moved...saw lots of families there with their dogs....lobby area is tired and needs to be updated and the carpet in restaurant, bar and conference rooms need to be replaced or get a good cleaning. Floors were sticky and no rest rooms on first flr of conference area...patrons had to go up steps or use an elevator to 2nd flr restrooms. I was there for a conference for 2 days and others in our group went to other hotels at better rate and more up to date accomodations. Food was average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I do apologize that you had issues with some aspects of your accommodations during your stay, and for the behavior of the bartender. We value all of our guests, as the guests are the reason we are all here! Our conference center was renovated about four or five years ago, and we continue to renovate the hotel in the off seasons. We appreciate feedback from all guests, and thank you for posting your review.
Towson, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I attended a conference held annually at the Clarion. The staff is friendly and the meals were pretty good. The meeting rooms were suitable. However, I think the carpet has been in the meeting room areas and hallways for at least a decade and it is worn and has an unpleasant small in some places. My room was OK, but the bathroom was very small and cramped. The place feels worn down and somewhat dingy. It is in need of refurbishment and upgrading.

Room Tip: High up offers good ocean views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Our entire convention center was renovated four or five years ago, including carpet, vinyl, and draperies in our Crystal Ballroom. We are continually renovating and refurbishing the hotel, generally in each off season. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel really knows how to make you feel like you have a home away from home. Very comfortable and excellent service everywhere from the restaurants to room service. AND they have the best buffet in OC. We will return again next year.

Room Tip: We've stayed on the 8th floor and also the second floor. The best room was the pool view room o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for the post! We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Been to Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel? Share your experiences!