“Good value, great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good value, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at the Quality Inn Oceanfront. Right on the beach it was great for family while I attended an event at the convention center. The staff checked us in a few minutes early so there was time for an afternoon at the beach. The enclosed atrium area was really pleasant and I imagine a great retreat on a lousy beach day with an indoor pool and cafe/bar. The room was immaculate. Conveniently located for business and pleasure. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have to agree with the previous reviewer (meechmelon). We stayed over the Labor Day weekend as well and but for the location, the hotel was pretty unsatisfactory. I wasn't sure if room service came in at all, as except the bed, sometimes the trash cans weren't emptied. And, just as we were about to leave, we spotted two bedbugs!! It was quite freaky and I'm amazed that we didn't get bitten after three nights. We took all our clothes (even the unused ones) and dunked them in hot water as soon as we returned home. Am still worried about those bugs and have left ours bags etc in the hot sun in our balcony... Wifi SUCKS!! And, they claim this is "new and improved". I guess compared to a no WiFi situation, it is an improvement. But, I couldn't even open Gmail with it! Am not returning here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We paid $300/night during Labor Day weekend for an oceanfront room. The view was amazing. Right on the beach. The staff was friendly and helpful. BUT the room and the entire hotel was filthy. Our room smelled awful. (I had to wash the unworn clothes in our suitcase, because they picked up the musty smell of the room.) There were these sad-looking tropical birds in the courtyard. I felt so bad for them, locked in those ratty cages. The elevator was disgusting. The carpeting was this awful shade of green that no doubt was selected to hide all manner of stains. One of our bath towels had a stain as did the fold-up mattress of the portable crib we requested. Really gross.

Room Tip: I'd advise against staying here, but if you do... Ask for an oceanfront room on a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reading, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed Sunday - Thursday (8/25-29) and we're two 27yr old women/girls/whatever. We stayed on the second floor in an oceanfront double bed room.

Pros:
1. It's 4 blocks from Seacret's and Dumser's - you couldn't ask for a better location. Plus the main Candy Kitchen is across the street. Macky's is also near by. Johnny's Pizza & Pub - FANTASTIC pizza & is also a few blocks away.
2. Oceanfront with a really great price.
3. There's a bar/grill in the atrium with really great prices and they serve breakfast. The outdoor pool also had a bar to it.
4. The staff was wonderful. Our room attendant, the front desk staff, and the bar/grill workers were all really nice and pleasant.
5. Full kitchen! Really basic pots with 1 or 2 pans but its a full kitchen with a full fridge, 4 burner stove, oven, DISHWASHER, coffee maker, toaster, & microwave.
6. Personally, I'm sold on a hotel if the shower drains well. I know that's really simple but a lot of sand ends up down the drains and taking a shower with 2 inches of dirty water is disgusting. We pay a lot of money in June for a condo with 2 bathrooms and both drains are absolutely horrible - so bad WE buy draino before we come. The bathroom we had in this hotel was very clean and we had ZERO problems with the drains.
7. If you had some one staying who liked to stay up really late watching tv, there was a divider curtain you could close that would block out the light from the tv.

Cons:
1. The internet. If I understood the paper correctly, non-oceanfront rooms (cheaper rooms) had WIFI available to them and it was also available in the atrium. Oceanfront rooms (more expensive rooms) did not have WIFI available to them despite paying more. I didn't think this made any sense but the WIFI connected in our room anyways.
2. The way the TV was set up was a little inconvenient. If you slept in the bed closest to the bathroom, the TV was across the room in a corner next to the balcony door. It was a little difficult to see but you could sit on the couch and see perfectly.
3. The smell in the atrium and hallway was really overwhelming. Hands down, too much chemicals were being used in the pool/hot tubs. The heat also made it a lot worse. I instantly felt nauseous when we walked in or out.
4. The balcony doors are LOUD. I knew everytime some one went outside or came inside. I actually felt guilty going out on the balcony because I didn't want to make so much noise.
5. My biggest issue is everyone's complaint: the birds. One bird specifically. The same parrot squawked all day. Starting between 8-8:30a and ending sometime around 8 or 9p. It sucked because going on vacation, I'm not looking to be up early. Thankfully we didn't have any super late nights or I would have been really pissed. Monday night we stopped at CVS and bought ear plugs and they worked perfectly.

Overall, I'd stay here again and remember ear plugs. We're used to staying in a condo and we were kind of uneasy to be staying in a hotel again but I'm glad we chose this one.

Room Tip: We saw there was an ocean front room in the stairwell on the 2nd floor, if we stay again I'd req...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel was nice enough but it definitely needs updating. I have been waiting 2 days for them to fix the inroom safe, which I really wanted to avail myself of. The door to the balcony doesn't lock but it does have a bar if you are afraid for safety. Every time someone near us used their balcony t sounded like thunder. The small things are typical of a beach hotel so I can overlook the smell, and peeling rubber around the door. It is a nice location and to us the birds and fish were a plus. The pools were small and crowded so we didn't get to use it much because we didn't enjoy the crowds. A little costly for what we got in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
stallings
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Pros:
oceanfront, balcony views were great
plenty of access to clean towels
needed housekeeping one night, and they came right away
indoor pool and jacuzzi were amentities used by the kids
plenty of parking

Cons:
birds were loud in the morning
bring fan to drown out noise from birds, doors slamming and kids running up and down hallways
only 1 elevator but can use service elevator if necessary

Room Tip: We received a senior discount so that brought down the rate room. Oceanfront is the way to go, 3rd f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Elmira, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place is in sad sad need of repair and modernization. The pros:
Location! Close to Seacrets, Mackey's, Fager's Island and a few convenient stores.
Oceanfront view. Beautiful off our fabulous balcony.
Kitchenette in room was handy.
Pillows were plentiful and fluffy.
Now the cons:
The Parrott in the atrium is awful and squawks all hours of the day beginning around 0800. So loud it comes through the walls and woke us up on more than one occasion. Sleep quality was TERRIBLE.
Room noise was awful. We could hear the room above us every time they used their balcony door. Woke us several times too.
Entire room is falling apart. Bathroom is tiny and dirty. Towels are tiny and flimsy. Balcony door didn't latch so we couldn't lock it.
The air in the atrium smells so bad and thick with chemicals.I felt claustrophobic every time I had to walk through there.
So will I stay again? No.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Quality Inn Oceanfront? Share your experiences!