“Pleasant Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
New jersey
“Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel three times in the past year. We are already booked for a long weekend in September. After reading the reviews about it being dirty there are minor things that we encountered. Last year our room had some gnats, but it wasn't enough to complain about. The rooms have always been clean upon arrival. The grounds and the rest of the hotel are always clean as well. The staff is very friendly and the koi pond, parrots and chameleon in the atrium are such a nice touch! Our air conditioner wasn't blowing out cold air but it was taken care of within minutes of us calling the front desk. There are many great places to eat or enjoy a few cocktails within walking distance of the hotel which is awesome! We really don't need a vehicle once we get there. Ocean City is the perfect little getaway without having to get on a plane!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

**** This is my first review submitted to TripAdvisor as a blind/visually impaired traveller. Unfortunately, I was blinded in November of 2012 by an influenza vaccination. I am learning how to be newly blind, and have just recently regained access to my computer. All of my past reviews were as a sighted person, and now all of my future reviews will be as a blind/visually impaired person. Thank you for your kind comments about my past reviews, and I shall try to be of service to you again, but this time with a slightly different viewpoint. Pun intended! **** My companion and I had an excellent stay at the Quality Inn Oceanfront hotel in Ocean City, Maryland at the beginning of this 2013 beach season. First, I compliment and commend the staff of this hotel for their wonderful concern and assistance they rendered towards me, a blind/visually impaired traveller. There were many times when I was in need of minor assistance, such as finding a restroom, and the staff didn't just tell me where it was, they took the time to take me there. While getting coffee, the desk staff sent someone over to assist me and make sure I knew where everything was. The staff made sure that I knew where stairs and drop-offs were, and did so without being condescending or making me feel bad about it. They were very kind and thoughtful. The room was great. Very clean, and the linens were noteworthy for being very soft and comfortable. They even smelled good! The layout of the room was very open, and I had no problem navigating it blind. The coffee there was very good, K-Cup coffee, and the snack bar there always had a selection of fruit for those guests who were between meals. Again, very thoughtful of the staff. The bathroom was very clean, and very modern. The small kitchenette was useful for light snacks and keeping drinks cold. The separate sitting area was very useful, as there were times when my companion wanted to watch TV (I can't), and I wanted to rest or listen to music. The outdoor pool area in front of the hotel was great for times when you want fresh water to swim in, but want to be outdoors. There were plenty of chairs and lounges, and the area is fenced-in for child safety. It's about 20 paces from the front door. There is a nice bar there at the outdoor pool. The indoor pool is well-lit, clean, and has two hot tubs as well. For other blind/visually impaired travellers, there are several steps up into the hot tubs, and the safety bars on the tubs jut outwards from the pool, so be careful to not hit your head on them. Towels are available there at the indoor pool. The restaurant/bar inside of the hotel is very nice, and has a great tropical atmosphere in keeping with the rest of the hotel. The drinks we had there were very good. The entire inner courtyard of the hotel has a tropical feel to it, with water features like a small "stream" and fountain, many tropical birds, and decorations and statues that evoke a tropical feel. It's 30 paces from the front inner door of the courtyard to the far wall near the elevators. The beach is accessed via a short walk through a break in the dune fencing, and this break is directly outside the rear doors. There are 20 paces from the courtyard to the rear doors, and another 20 paces from the rear deck to the fencing. This would be a great hotel for children and adults alike. I honestly could think of no downsides for this hotel. Handicapped parking is limited, but that is the case for most hotels. We had no problem getting a handicapped spot near the front door (about 30 to 40 paces from the handicapped spots to the front door), but we were travelling at the beginning of the season. Our stay here was great, and this hotel made my first "outing" as a blind/visually impaired person one to remember and enjoy. I am truly grateful to them for the good experience they provided me on my first experience travelling blind. Thank you.

Room Tip: I was very pleased with Room 509. The room is on the top floor, which means no noise from guests ab...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My second visit to OC and picked the Quality Inn again. Staff is friendly. Housekeeping kept room looking great. Had a room on 5th floor Ocean front. Definitely worth the extra money for us to be ocean front. Loved eating breakfast while watching the sun rise or having lunch and still enjoying the ocean view. The outdoor pool was clean and refreshing. We even had a drink at the poolside bar. We didn't use the indoor pool, but it was quite popular with families with younger kids.
Small things like free coffee, tea and fruit were nice touches. We also loved the location of the hotel. There was quite a bit within walking distance. Fager's was our favorite restaurant!
The Boardwalk is a few minute drive or you can take the bus, which is what we did. We also drove to Delaware one night which was only 10 minutes away.
My only complaint about the stay was one of the mattresses was awful. You would roll to the middle! I stayed in this room 2 years ago and had the same problem. t really needs to be changed out.

Room Tip: We stayed in 508. close to elevator without being loud. Wonderful view. They just need to change t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is our 3rd visit to this hotel and this year was the best. The rooms were updated, and the staff friendly. We travel with 4 teenage girls, and have a lot of gear. The rooms were large and the 3 beds were all queens, unlike other hotels we have stayed in that require 2 rooms for 6 people. We make use of the kitchenette for breakfast and lunches, and the minimalist kitchen worked out fine. We love staying right on the beach so we can observe the girls from the balcony when we have had enough sun. We love O.C. and will return again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the bomb. Larger wrap around balcony and additional windows make the room larger an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carlisle, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at the this hotel-the atruim inside is beautiful, inside and outside pools, both very nice, staff friendly and helpful. Great location-you feel like you are on your own little tropical island. Trees and hedges block the front area from the road, the back you walk out onto the sandy area, go across a short dune and you are on the beach. The first floor rooms open out onto a porch and onto the sand whick makes it nice for young children to play, the other beachfront rooms have balconeys with great views and all are equipped with refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, sink with dishes and utensils, table and several chairs for making meals or snacks. Also 2 double beds, sleeper sofa, plenty of room. Clean, no rowdy crowds, Kids love the fish, turtles, and tropical birds in the atruim/pool area. The only complaint was that they only have one elevator for guests and there should be 2. Would go back in a heartbeat. Rooms sleep 6. Plenty of restaurants, activities, shops within walking distance. Bus stop right out front along Coastal Highway. Very happy with our stay and hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Your family will love the beach access, and you can save money by cooking some of your meals. They...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the last three years. I love that i walk out the bake door and my feet our in the sand and i go out the front door and there is the the bar. The outdoor pool is also a plus. The staff is always there for you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for MDW with my beau and a few friends and had a great time! The staff was friendly and professional. Location was great - right on the beach, across from Macky's, a 5-10 minute walk to Seacrets and Fagers Island, as well as right by the bus stop!

We got an oceanfront 2 double with sofabed efficiency. the room was a good size for all of us: the doubles were comfy..sofa bed wasnt really that comfortable.. Bathroom was roomy and updated. Flat screen TV with dvd/vcr player was also a welcomed amentity.

No breakfast but Free coffee, tea and fruit in the lobby. There is a restaurant and bar on site- happy hour 4-7pm with $5 frozen drinks. The birds are so cute! Some of them talk, which amused my party for quite some time. Indoor and outdoor pools/hot tubs. The pool smell was a little strong (necessary though..there were quite a bit of people in and out). It was a bit cold to use the outside pool but it looked nice. There was also an arcade in the basement as well as a gym and family room (with board games you could borrow).

This hotel was an interesting mix of 20somethings and families, which shows that this property caters to all sorts of people and isn't pigeonholed into one category. I would feel comfortable sending both people my age and familes to this property.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was going to OCMD and wants a clean, comfortable hotel with some added comfort and fun!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Oceanfront? Share your experiences!