“the worst experience ever” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
pasadena
“the worst experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

This hotel is very dirty, mold all around the tub floor.
Allowing people to SMOKE in their rooms.
Will never stay or recommend this place.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Waldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

My family and I stay at Quality Inn Oceanfront. I choose this hotel because it was close to Seacrets Night Club. The staff at the hotel was extremely nice. The tropical atrium area is beautiful with all the birds and fish pond. My kids really enjoyed the indoor heated pool and the new hot tub was very spacious and nice. We stayed in an Oceanfront Room which was very cleaned and the room attendant was nice and efficient. I recommend this hotel to any family that have kids cause its a kid friendly hotel.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The doors would not open at first, you would have to slide your key card a million times before the doors would open. The rooms on the third floor were extremely dirty. There were stains all over the carpets, and the rooms needed to be vacuumed.
The atrium, where they house all the birds, is dirty and worn down. The birds are out during the night, and they screech constantly! They never stop. And you can hear them in your rooms. The balcony doors don't open unless you put all of your body weight against them.......good luck girls!! There was mold on the ceilings in all the rooms I saw. The cooking areas in the third floor rooms was disgusting!! It was dirty and uncleaned. I wouldn't have cooked on that stove or ate anything from that area, it was revolting.
The bathroom was dirty as well. There was a black line that went completely around the bathtub. I wouldn't have touched the shower curtain for anything in the world.
This was the worst hotel ever. It doesn't even compare to the hostels that I have stayed in. DON'T STAY HERE!!!

Stayed December 2007
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Quality Inn on 54th street for 2 nights for New Years. I have to say that it is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. Our room was on the 3rd floor that over looked the Atrium. When we first checked in, it was so hot, we had to leave the balcony door and front door open to cool it off because the AC was turned off for the winter. The carpet was mildewed and stained; I wore socks because I refused to let my foot touch the floor. Also, the bathroom was covered with mold and black stuff in the shower. All the caulking was cracking and coming off. The ceiling was also cracking and stained. Our friends stayed a few doors down and their room was just as run down. They had a full size refrigerator that was covered with rust on the side of it. The second day, more friends came down, and they had a newly renovated room on the second floor, which I have to say, was in excellent condition. It was clean, and completely remodeled. We had paid the same price as our friends in the newly renovated room, and our room was a complete dump. So I complained to the front desk, and of course was told that there was nothing that could be done. They were not rude about it; they just said that they were booked because of the holiday weekend. But after seeing a 100 % Satisfaction Guarantee sign in our friend’s room, I went back to the front desk, with the sign, and miraculously, a newly renovated room became available on the 2nd. So I have to say the newly renovated room was very nice, but the Quality Inn should be ashamed to even rent out the old rooms. To expect someone to pay a lot of money to stay in a room with rust, mold, stains, and mildew, is completely unprofessional. Had I known they had newly renovated rooms, I would have complained the first night.

Also, I understand that people may go to that Quality Inn to see the birds in the Atrium (I am not one of them), but just to warn you, they do start squawking around 9:00 a.m. Which can become quite annoying.

• Liked — The bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — How run down the building and rooms were.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Annapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2008

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn in Ocean City, Maryland on 54th street. Apparently this hotel is more accomodating for some tropical birds than the people staying there. My first room was dirty and smelled so bad from garlic that I could not stay there. In our second room, everything was covered in rust, the couch was broken, and we were given a cable because the advertised wireless internet access was a lie and didn't reach beyond the attrium. We were told to use our laptops in the atrium. The atrium is about 80 degrees with 100 humidity. I didn't want to sit in the atrim let alone have my laptop there. The humidity is so bad in the hotel I could not style my hair properly. The worst part of our stay was the screaming, screeching birds at 9:00am in the morning. At checkout, I was not asked about my stay and when I complained I was told that 1) the hotel has to be humid for the birds 2) people love those birds and come to the hotel just for them. This hotel is a dump for over $100 a night off season in December

• Liked — view of beach
  • Disliked — everything else, especially the screeching birds at 9:00am
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bel AIr, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

Our family has been staying at this hotel in the Fall for probably 8 out of the last 10 years. We have never had a problem. As always, the room was clean, the front desk people were very helpful and accommodating, and the remaining hotel staff were all friendly. We actually met other guests who come here this time every year. There has been discussion on other reviews regarding the birds. Yes, the 14 asst'd Conures, Macaws and Cockatoos can get quite noisy at times. Their cages get uncovered around 9:00 am. If that's not to your liking, you should probably go elsewhere. Personally, I'd rather hear the birds than kids squealing and screaming in the pool. The birds are fed and cared for each morning. I learned that most were adoptions/rescues. They are fun to be around. Overall, the Hotel common areas were clean. You need to note that if you book a room that is Atrium View, (not Oceanfront) and not on the 1st floor (of 3), you will have to go outside, then back inside, to get to the indoor pool/hot tub. Not the best thing when temperatures are in the 40's. While we enjoy our off-season stay, I doubt that we'd stay here, or any hotel/motel in Ocean City, in Prime Season. Simply too crowded for me. Overall, this place is an excellent off-season value.

• Liked — Overall atmosphere
  • Disliked — no continental breakfast (coffee/tea/fresh fruit available though
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2007

We had originally booked a stay at the Days Inn Oceanfront at 2210 Baltimore Ave. But soon after arriving there, we decided we couldn't stay because of various room, hotel and staff conditions and drove up and down the street looking for another place to stay. We ended up at this Quality Inn and are happy we did.

We stayed in a first-floor room overlooking the ocean. Typically, we don't like staying on the first floor, but in this case, it worked out well--easy and quick access to the beach, more privacy than is typical of first-floor rooms.

For a relatively inexpensive rate, we got a decent, clean room with a beautiful view. I would say this hotel is among the better choices on this end of the street for the price. The outdoor and indoor pools were nice. They're not huge, but they're good enough.

It was fun checking out the parrots (some will talk to you) and koi in the atrium. The hotel also offers a complimentary Baltimore Sun each day, at your doorstep, as well as various tea bags, hot water, coffee, fresh fruit and towels for the pool. The on-site bar/cafe also was convenient and pretty cheap--and the hotel gives you a 10 percent coupon you can use there throughout your stay.

If we go to Ocean City again we would definitely consider staying here again.

• Liked — The value. Good deal.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn Oceanfront? Share your experiences!