“The Quality Inn on the Boarwalk is a tremendous value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Hyde Park, NY
“The Quality Inn on the Boarwalk is a tremendous value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2006

We stayed at the Quality Inn on the Boardwalk from May 22nd to the 26th. I booked the reservations a few months ago and then stumbled upon the tripadvisor web site. After reading some of the negative reviews I was thinking about switching to another hotel. I am very glad I did not switch. We stayed in the older part of the hotel and could not have been happier. The room was clean, there were no bugs anywhere and the staff was great.

The indoor pool and hot-tub were well maintained as was the exercise room. The equipment in the exercise room included a bike, elliptical machine, two treadmills and a weight machine. All of the machines were top notch. There is are also saunas and a tanning machine.

Give this place a chance. I'm glad I did.

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2006

As the title states, this hotel is indeed infested with roaches.

Back in August 2005, my family spent their third year in a row at this hotel. The year before we got the same room as the year before that, but we noticed that year that the room was much older and the trimming around the bed was being torn off. Though I may be the young daughter of the family of five, the Quality Inn was only hated by me. My parents love it since it gives a great view of the ocean and boardwalk. Sure, it may be nice to see all the bikes passing by in the morning, but later in the day it become riff-raff and touristy. The beds were okay in my room, but the sheets were sort of stiff.

One of the things that I hated was that our television lacked a remote control. We have asked the manager countless times for a remote for the television, but appearently they said that tourists must have stole it on their vacation and they do not have back-ups. The outdoor pools were very poorly made; no lifeguards were hired and children could easily unattach pool dividers and play around with them. The tourists are very rude there, too. Every morning, they would lay their beach towels out on the chairs near the pool so then they can "reserve" their spot. DO NOT GO INTO THE INDOOR POOL. Sure, it does look sort of nice with the fake greenery placed around it, but the clorine horribly damages the hair. The food at the little mini cabana bar was very pricy for very little.

This hotel is infested with roaches, thus the title of this review "this hotel is infested with roaches". During my previous stay there, we have found two roaches living in the hotel. If you find one, you're bound to find more. One of the roaches was on my mom's bed. It was pretty ignorable. The other roach was on the curtain that split the TV room from the bedroom/mini kitchen. Eww...

Overall, I would not go here. Instead, think about the Holiday Inn next door, the Grand, the Capri, the Golden Sands, and there was another one that I heard about that I can't remember the name of.

Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

My husband, 2 sons and I stayed at this hotel last summer, during peak season. We're staying there again this summer.

The hotel is older, and some of the rooms are in need of updating. The oceanfront room we stayed in was a little out of date, but was clean and provided everything a family on vacation might need: 2 double beds, pull out sofa bed, microwave, fridge, stove, pots, dishes, silverware, TV, DVD player, pools, beach access, boardwalk access, etc.

We stayed in an oceanfront room that overlooked one of the outdoor pools, and the boardwalk, of course. The oceanfront balconies are nice and spacious. The actual rooms are quite spacious as well.

This location of this hotel (17th street) is ideal for us. It's right on the Boardwalk and only 17 blocks from the rides and amusement area. Our family walked down to the rides nightly.

The pools are nice. The water level in the indoor pool was always low during our visit, and it seems the pool itself could use a little help. But, we enjoyed it. The 2 outdoor pools are gorgeous and provide pleanty of chairs/loungers for sunbathing or sitting to read a book.

The service was wonderful, and the laundry maching use is free, even during peak season. Just ask the front desk staff for tokens.

Stayed July 2005

Been to Quality Inn Boardwalk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Boardwalk

Address: 1601 Atlantic Ave., Ocean City, MD 21842
Location: United States > Maryland > Ocean City
Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#25 On the Beach Hotel in Ocean City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Boardwalk 2.5*
Located directly on the boardwalk, the Quality Inn offers incredible views at affordable rates. Family friendly, the hotel offers two outdoor pools, game room, exercise room, oceanfront restaurant, heated indoor pool and Ocean City’s largest hot tub. Most rooms feature a fully stocked kitchenette and a private balcony. Our newly remodeled two-story Penthouse can accommodate up to 18 guests. From your convenient location, you are just a walk away from restaurants, shopping, nightclubs and more. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn Boardwalk Hotel Ocean City
Ocean City Quality Inn
Quality Inn Ocean City

If you own or manage Quality Inn Boardwalk, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.