“Weekend Trip In January” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #60 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Shillington, Pennsylvania
“Weekend Trip In January”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here with my 9 year old son for one nite.Price was excellent,room was Very Clean and we had a small kitchen.The pool was very clean as well as the sauna and the game room.Over all I was very happy with our stay and will use this hotel again.It is on the beach and close to the north end of the boardwalk.

Room Tip: We had a standard room on the south side of the building.Very Quiet and got to see the sun rise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Matthew B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I'm overjoyed to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us! We are happy that you were able to take advantage of all of the great amenities the Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront has to offer! I hope you will make us your Choice hotel for all of your future getaways to Ocean City, MD because we would love to have you back again for many years to come. Thank you for all of your kind words and we truly appreciate your feedback!

Matthew Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here from Friday 23rd November 2012 and checked out Sunday 25th November 2012. We checked in about 7pm and the man at the front desk was very welcoming and friendly, he was fantastic. My husband and I and our 2 year old daughter had room 322 my Mother in law, sister in law and my nephew had oceanfront 503. We spent some time in both rooms. In the Oceanfront we could access the internet but in our own room we had no WIFI access AT ALL, not for one single second. Then when I attempted to give my daughter a bath, the bathtub wouldn't hold the water, it kept draining.

The pool is FREEZING, my daughter was in for 10 minutes and was shivering...that was incredibly disappointing for us .

The room was clean and all of the kitchen appliances worked. I was a bit uncomfortable by the fact the door to the parking lock wasn't locked (for key card access) and anyone could walk in. We were a few doors away from it.

I am not sure we would stay here again but the breakfast in the hotel is fantastic and the staff in the restaurant and the front desk are brilliant and the most outstanding feature about this hotel. The maids spent more time in the hall on cellphones than actually cleaning the rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor if you want wifi.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Matthew B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I am disappointed to hear that you had a less than pleasurable stay. Our goal is to provide every guest with an enjoyable experience and exceed their expectations. I apologize this was not the case during your visit with us. However I would like to thank you for all of your kind words regarding our front desk and restaurant staff. I will make sure they are recognized for another job well done.

We are aware of the issues regarding our Wi-Fi access and have already begun taking the appropriate steps to correct this issue. Hopefully we will be installing new updated routers, along with increased access points throughout the hotel in the very near future. Our Engineering team does monitor the PH and temperature levels of the pool on a daily basis to ensure they are at the correct levels. However I apologize the temperature of the pool was not to your liking because I fully understand how important this amenity is to our guests. All of your comments have been shared with our entire management team to be addressed appropriately and will be used as an additional tool to train our staff.

Once again I offer my sincere apologies for providing you with a less than perfect stay. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to regain your trust and prove why thousands of people per year have chose to make us their Choice hotel in Ocean City, MD. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further and let me know if you plan on visiting us again because I would like to make sure that your next stay is flawless!

Albion, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here November 9th-November 12th. The price in the offseason is absolutely amazing. We had a sixth floor, beachfront suite with a jacuzzi tub for around $60 a night. It simply could not be beat. The location is awesome as well. You are right in the heart of all of the restaurants and not far from the key places in Ocean City. You are a ways off the boardwalk though. So that may influence some but it is nice. The hotel itself wasn't bad. The room was nice and clean but was a bit dated. The jacuzzi tub was amazing. There is renovations going on so the first floor constantly smelled of paint. There are also a lot of workers staying in rooms that were coming and going a lot but they all would say hello and were friendly. The high point was the man at the desk around 10pm on November 9th. He went out of his way to make us feel welcome, was super friendly, fully assisted us and even made recommendations of where we could eat with the kids at that time of night on a Friday night. He was there the next two nights as well and would say hello and ask how our stay was going. He made the hotel for us. The biggest negative, BY FAR, was that the pool was not heated. It was freezing to the point of not being able to go in for more than a few minutes and our kids are 6 year old water babies. It seemed like Saturday night it got a little warmer and the jets seemed to be warmer than the water level but by Sunday mornin g is was back to freezing. Completely unusable. This was the main reason for our trip and severly disappointed us. Overall it is a great value, ggreat location, great staff, decent room but a little dated and the pool issue was huge for us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay, but disappointed that what could have been a great stay turned into an average getaway due to the temperature of our indoor pool. I would like to apologize for this inconvenience and I have already discussed this issue with our Director of Engineering.

I understand and empathize with you on how frustrating it was for you and your family not to be able to use the indoor pool, since as you stated, this was one of the main reasons for your trip. Normally our Engineering team monitors the PH levels and ensures the temperature of the pool is kept at the appropriate levels multiple times a day. Nevertheless I would like to apologize once again for this inconvenience.

Although we have failed you once, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to win back your trust and prove our commitment to exceeding your expectations by choosing to stay with us again in the near future. I am confident that your next experience with the Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront will be a more pleasant one. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss this matter further and let me know when you're planning on visiting the area again. I would like to personally make sure that your next stay is perfect! Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and all of you kind words regarding our staff is truly appreciated.

Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I love staying at this hotel in the off season. I can get a large ocean front room with a full refrigerator, sometimes a jacuzzi tub or other various amenities for under $90 including tax! Beds and pillows are clean and comfortable, the furniture is worn, but for the location and price you can't beat it! I love the large indoor pool also. They did have a fabulous hot tub, but due to ADA regulations they closed it because it was inaccessible to those in a wheelchair. It's a shame. The restaurant here is great for breakfast, as well. Visit OCMD!

• Stayed November 2012
Matthew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback. We look forward to serving you again the future. We currently are renovating our rooms, so make sure on your next vist you tell us what you think.
At your service,
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. The reception when we arrived was wonderful. The entire staff was amazing our entire stay. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was great. It is a great location, just walk out the door & your on the boardwalk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We thank you for your business and your positive comments. Hopefully we have the pleasure of seeing again in Ocean City real soon.
Ocean City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The reception given to us by the lady at the front desk was certainly lacking. She was rather harsh and appeared irriated that we had booked online. From there the room was not quite as it had been advertised....oceanfront.... WE had a limited view of the ocean from our balcony...next exactly oceanfront. The bathroom was amazing in that the grout in the floor was very dirty/dingy. The wallpaper was partially torn off the wall and had a low end motel feel. The heated pool was cold. THe restaruant was fine with good service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Matthew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We thank you for your business and will learn from our mistakes. We are going through some major changes throughout the property and are working hard to improve our hotel. Please understand whether you book from a third party website or directly with the hotel, we appreciate all who choose are hotel equally.
Columbia, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our stay at this hotel was not as nice as last year. It seems the property has gone down a bit and needs repair -- wallpaper peeling, musty smell, ripped sofas, etc.

The indoor pool is dirty, not heated, and the filtration system doesn't seem to be running. The hot tub is closed down - which we weren't told about prior to this arrival.

Location is good though and the views are great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and comments. We are currently starting a renovation that will last through the winter and will address all your concerns. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. and hope you will give us another chance.
At your service Wayland K. Campbell GM

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City? Share your experiences!