“Nice Hotel. Pleasant Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #60 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Nice Hotel. Pleasant Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was our first time staying at this hotel. We booked about 8 weeks from our arrival date and got a really good rate.
First I must tip my hat to all the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We actually arrived a few hours early and although our rooms were not ready (we didn't expect them to be) we were given a card to access the pool areas for the kids and called a short time later and told our room was ready. We booked 2 oceanfront rooms. The rooms were on the 8th and 4th floors. We had one king room and one double room. We had an awesome view of the ocean and the balconies were private. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable and everything in the rooms was working properly.
I'm not sure why so many people complain about the parking garage only going to the 4th floor because you can access the elevators from every floor. I felt it worked out just fine. At least you don't have to park 2 blocks away.
Although this hotel is in desperate need of an update, it was clean and I would take clean over fancy any day. According to the managers response to other reviews, the hotel will get some updating this fall. Can't wait.
All in all, we had a great vacation and will definately be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside corridor incase it rains.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Matthew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our establishment. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. This will assist us when evaluating our guest’s needs and expectations. I hope you on your next visit you will be able to enjoy some of the new upgrades we have scheduled for this winter.
Sincerely, Wayland K. Campbell GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 5 nights and had an oceanfront room on the 7th floor (room 707 to be exact). The room was large enough for us during our stay and had a private balcony. There are no safes in the room but rather at the front desk. Upon check in, we were never greeted warmly by the clerk. I would at least expect a "Welcome to the Quality Inn, blah, blah, blah." I believe all I got was a "Hello, how can I help you?" First impressions are everything in my opinion.

While the mattresses were comfortable to me, the pillows were absolutely horrible. No support whatsoever. Your head just sank right down in the middle and given that we didn't sleep well on them. The room was clean enough for us. We had an issue with the a/c not cooling the room but maintenance came right up and tripped the circuit breaker and all was well after that until check out morning and the same problem occurred.

My main concerns with the hotel is that the indoor pool does NOT get cleaned out on a daily basis and it is NOT heated. For 4 days straight, sand sat in the corners of the pool and just accumulated each day. I noticed on the day we checked out that it was finally vacuumed. The water also looked very murky each day. We complained to the front desk that the pool was not heated, even though the hotel claims it is and the temp was 80 degrees. We chose, instead, to use the outdoor pool.

The other issue I have with this hotel is that the parking garage only goes to the 4th floor. The hotel has 8 floors. We always parked on the first or second level so that it made it easier to haul our gear to the beach each day.

Our stay was better than most of the reviews you may read here. It seems to be hit or miss where and when you stay on this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Matthew S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests– the type of service in which we pride ourselves. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail and steps are being taken to ensure these types of issues are handled on a preventive basis. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. I can assure we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.
Sincerely, Wayland K. Campbell GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Had never been to ocean city before so i wasnt sure where to stay and i feel like i made a poor decision. Its not the worst hotel but i definitely feel compelled to write a review. Unfortunately our room has such a strong odor of what i think is carpet powder. Its so strong its almost nauseating, im sitting here right now wishing i was somewhere else:-( every chair in our room is dirty and stained. View is great but doesn't really make up for the dated smelly room. I hate to complain but i just don't want others to feel like i do right now.

• Stayed August 2012
Matthew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We appreciate you letting us know how you feel. We plan to upgrade the ocean foront rooms this fall and the remainder of the rooms in 2013. We thank you for your business and hope you will visit Ocean City once again in the near future.
Cortlandt Manor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last 8 years, and have always been satisfied. The location is unbeatable,close enough yet far enough from the boardwalk. We always book an oceanfront room and although they are in need of updating, they are adequate for our purpose. We are always there during the shoulder season, (early June or Late August) The last three years, we were there for the OC air show, which unfortunatley overlaps with senior week, and the unruly crowds that accompany it. Our car was vandalized in the hotel garage. There are no security cameras anywhere, nor are there room safes. A little investment in security would go a long way here.
Front desk staff range from totally indifferent to bend over backwards to help you

Room Tip: oceanfront suites are large and comfortable
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for helping us better understand where our property needs help. We thank you for your business and will address your concerns with the ownership. Hopefully we will have another chance to serve you in the future.
oakdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had a great room with kitchenette, and terrace overlooking the bay. With this view you also faced the main road, but was fairly quiet. The bathroom was a bit worn but fine, nonetheless. The service was friendly and helpful. Location to the beach was great and not too far from the boardwalk. There was only a breakfast restaurant but there was no lack of food and staff members were gracious in their recommendations.Not too fancy but great! I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We thank you for your business and look forward to serving you in the near future. Please remember in the fall every weekend has special events that are so much fun. Hope to see you in the fall.
Ship
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Certainly not worth $300+ per night for a King Jacuzzi Suite - luckily I had enough ChoiceHotel points to stay for FREE. Only positive is the location of the hotel - beachfront and quiet.

The bathroom was in desperate need of a complete renovation. Housekeeping replaced the towels, replaced the toiletries, and made the bed; however, I know for a fact that the room was not vacuumed because we were sitting on the balcony while housekeeping was there.

Not planning to stay here again...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please be asured corrective action will be taken. We appreciate your business and hope we have another chance to serve you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I visited with my parents and year old son, we booked an ocean front and when we got there we were told no ocean fronts were available. The room we were given was filthy, I killed several flying bugs within my first 5 mins in the room, my son and I have several bites. The carpets are digustingly dirty, the tub was dirty, the bathroom door and cabinets were rotted, the ceiling had water stains and some of the tiles were moved out of place. I was highly upset by the conditions of the room and my vacation lacked all it could have been because of our poor quality inn hotel. ONLY thing I will say is the restaurant served a delicious breakfast and the housekeeper was honest and brought me my purse I forgot behind.

• Stayed August 2012
Matthew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We thank you for taking the time to help us better understand where we can improve. We plan to update our product in the off season. I apolgize that we did not meet your expections and hopefully in the future you will give another chance to prove we can make changes.
At your sevice! Wayland K. Campbell GM

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront Ocean City? Share your experiences!