Having traveled to Ocean City hundreds of times in my life, I have always wanted to try this hotel. Great location on 92nd street. On site parking is a great feature. Valet is available. We were allowed to park our car after 1P on the day of our check-in and use the facilities, but not check in until 4p, which is their regular check-in time. It was so nice to get some beach time and have a place to change and use the facilities as needed. The front desk stay was adequate. They didn't really offer directions or welcome, but were fine. There is a very small gift store in site and a convenience store which we found handy. We did not eat at the restaurant which is located in the basement, Oceanside, but we did get some drinks at the bar. Reasonably priced with a limited selection. The indoor pool was awesome for our son. Warm water and oversized. There are even some arcade games to play too. The hotel offers hot tubs, saunas and an exercise room, but we didn't see this room. The other two we chose not to use, but were definitely there and in working order.
The rooms are spacious and half remodeled. Some of the furniture is beyond old and worn out and needs to be replaced. The decor in the suite and hallways were very 80's and even reminded me of a cruise ship or Las Vegas in the 70's...mirrors and funky carpet. The place was just ok clean. Mildew all over the bathroom. Things slightly falling apart. I know they are making a fortune there being right on the beach so it would really pay to just shut down for a few months and do an overhaul. Everywhere except inside the rooms was pleasant to look at.
If you are looking for a place to stay RIGHT on the beach, need an indoor pool for the kids or just have a large group and need space, this could be the place for you. I am not sure I would spend the money in season for a room here, but we got a great deal off season so well worth it just for the beach access.
As a note, two comment cards were left in the hotel with suggestions, but I received an email days later asking me to take the same surveys. They may want to streamline that process.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you want it all in Ocean City the Princess Royale is where you will want to stay! If you are a first time visitor or a loyal repeat guest you will love our 2014 upgrades! All 310 suites feature brand new carpeting, furniture, wifi and all new heating & AC! And, our multi-million dollar renovations of all meeting and banquet space is breathtaking; even more perfect for your wedding, meeting, convention or reunion. Not only do we have the perfect accommodations for you but we also have the perfect rates for any budget; AAA, AARP, Military, Super Summer Savers including daily breakfast for up to 4 people, Rodney specials including half off or even FREE nights in the Summer and even our famous Welcome Coupon; which provides FREE Thursday or Sunday nights in the off-season when staying Fri and Sat at standard rates. We have 30 2 & 3 bedroom condos as well as 310 two-room suites including a bedroom with choice of 1 king or 2 queen beds featuring the incredible Tempur-pedic mattresses as well as living room with comfortable sleep sofa. All suites have a fully equipped kitchen including fridge w/ice maker, microwave and cook top. We have everything for the perfect getaway for couples, families and groups from 7 to 700! Be sure to check out Schooner's Oceanfront Restaurant, indoor pool w/tropical Atrium, saunas and hot tubs, convenience/gift shops, complimentary wi-fi access in all suites, fitness room, complimentary covered self parking and valet parking in July & August. Also in July & August we host a nightly All-You-Care-to-Eat Seafood Buffet in addition to Ocean City's ONLY live comedy show--back for summer of 2014 by popular demand Monday-Saturday at 9pm nightly! Also back for July & August 2014 are FREE movies on our Beach every Thursday night Be sure to visit our new Creative Day Spa to complete your trip to Ocean City with a manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, couples massage, body butter ecstasy wrap and more! We are the prefect place to do it all-- or do nothing-- your choice! The Princess Royale is a SMOKE FREE environment for your comfort and pleasure. At the Princess Royale the only thing we overlook...Is the Ocean! Our staff is committed to exceeding your expectations and we look forward to serving your hospitality needs on your next visit to Ocean City! See you soon at the beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Princess Royale Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Royale Hotel Ocean City
- Princess Royale Ocean City Maryland