We stayed over the July 4th holiday weekend with our teenagers. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean in an average sort of way. Everything in the hotel seemed dated except for the new faucet installed in our bathroom after the first night. They responded very quickly to attend to the leaky faucet we reported on the first morning there. The air conditioner was running and keeping the room cool, but the carpet seemed perpetually damp in some areas. Our Ocean View room with a very small balcony was appreciated. We didn't realize until we checked in that these rooms are all on the sides of the hotel so while you see the water, the Condos across the back have the full ocean view. This did not stop us from sitting on the small balcony and enjoying the water view. The mattresses were both Temperpedic and wonderful. The Gazebo bar out back was closed sometime prior to 8:15 on July 4th when we thought we might grab a drink before taking the bus to see the fireworks. I was told they generally close the bar between 6-8pm to eliminate the noise for guests staying in the ground floor condos near the bar. Not a big deal. There are plenty of places to have a beer/cocktail or buy your own nearby. The beach access is tremendous and the number one reason we chose this hotel. We did not realize how far we would be from the Boardwalk. The hotel is between 91st and 92nd streets. The Boardwalk begins at 27th. The very low cost bus does run frequently however you don't always want to invest the possible 30-45 minutes to ride that far. The bus stops approx every other block and the traffic was heavy the whole time we were there. In fact the busses can get very full, standing room only. We also appreciated the free parking in their parking garage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you want it all in Ocean City the Princess Royale is where you will want to stay! If you are a first time visitor or a loyal repeat guest you will love our 2014 upgrades! All 310 suites feature brand new carpeting, furniture, wifi and all new heating & AC! And, our multi-million dollar renovations of all meeting and banquet space is breathtaking; even more perfect for your wedding, meeting, convention or reunion. Not only do we have the perfect accommodations for you but we also have the perfect rates for any budget; AAA, AARP, Military, Super Summer Savers including daily breakfast for up to 4 people, Rodney specials including half off or even FREE nights in the Summer and even our famous Welcome Coupon; which provides FREE Thursday or Sunday nights in the off-season when staying Fri and Sat at standard rates. We have 30 2 & 3 bedroom condos as well as 310 two-room suites including a bedroom with choice of 1 king or 2 queen beds featuring the incredible Tempur-pedic mattresses as well as living room with comfortable sleep sofa. All suites have a fully equipped kitchen including fridge w/ice maker, microwave and cook top. We have everything for the perfect getaway for couples, families and groups from 7 to 700! Be sure to check out Schooner's Oceanfront Restaurant, indoor pool w/tropical Atrium, saunas and hot tubs, convenience/gift shops, complimentary wi-fi access in all suites, fitness room, complimentary covered self parking and valet parking in July & August. Also in July & August we host a nightly All-You-Care-to-Eat Seafood Buffet in addition to Ocean City's ONLY live comedy show--back for summer of 2014 by popular demand Monday-Saturday at 9pm nightly! Also back for July & August 2014 are FREE movies on our Beach every Thursday night Be sure to visit our new Creative Day Spa to complete your trip to Ocean City with a manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, couples massage, body butter ecstasy wrap and more! We are the prefect place to do it all-- or do nothing-- your choice! The Princess Royale is a SMOKE FREE environment for your comfort and pleasure. At the Princess Royale the only thing we overlook...Is the Ocean! Our staff is committed to exceeding your expectations and we look forward to serving your hospitality needs on your next visit to Ocean City! See you soon at the beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Princess Royale Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Royale Hotel Ocean City
- Princess Royale Ocean City Maryland