“Nice Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Erial
“Nice Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel is clean & has a nice room for the money. We had an oceanfront suite with a gorgeous view. The hallways and other interior places are in need of updating - colors and lighting looks like it is from the 80's. The rooms seemed to have had some updating, but not entirely. Flat screen TV's are in the bedroom, but the living room areas still have the old style. Bathroom wallpaper needs to be updated and replaced. Tub & toilet in bathroom seem newer though. Kitchen was a nice area, even though we did not need it for just a weekend, but was nice to have in case we did. Cabinets looked to have been painted over one too many times. Location was great. Beds were a little hard to sit on, but were actually comfortable to sleep. People we encountered were nice. Ate at the restaurant for their Prime Rib buffet night - wasn't bad for $17.99. There were 2 conventions going on while we were there, but the hotel is big enough that we never felt overcome by the amount of people. Parking is an issue if you have anything besides a compact car.

All in all a nice stay. This was our second time staying here and I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front - can't beat the view!

1,468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
California, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stay at the Princess Royale Resort a few times through out the year, once again the hotel was once again great. The views are great (we had ocean front room), the pool was very clean, room was clean also. check in and check out had no hickups. The suite has a bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom. The balcony overlooked the Atlantic Ocean. We had no problems or issues. We will be staying in this hotel again on another trip to Ocean City, MD.

Room Tip: We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, on the weekend they have a breakfast buffet. We always ask...
Summit Point, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I must compliment the Princess Royale Hotel for working with me to change my reservations twice for our recent trip. Our original Anniversary Plans had to be scrapped and because it was within their 7 day period, I risked losing my deposit. The agent did work with me and we rescheduled our trip for November 9th weekend. Then I got the brilliant idea of changing from the hot tub suite to two seperate rooms so two of my daughters could join us.

The hotel was very nice. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and accomodating. I had to do my on-call duties with work so I spent a bit of time in the business center. The business center was a nice room out of the way of normal hotel foot traffic. The rooms were very clean and well furnished. Each room was pool side on the 5th floor. The small kitchen was very nice and very clean. My daughters had a blast in the indoor pool which was also very well maintained. There was an indoor hot tub, two saunas and also two outdoor hot tubs that looked very nice.

I would stay at this hotel again in an instant.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, I wouldn't recommend poolside. I will say, by 10pm, the pool close...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Princess Royale in November for my birthday. You can't beat the room price, the hot tub, the pool, or the beach access. I have never been disappointed with my stay and this time was no different. The service is great and I was able to relax and have a good time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a second year in a row for a work conference in October. Great value. Great location. Great ocean view. Big room. Separate sitting room. 2 tvs. Full Kitchen. Memory foam mattress! I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel again. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My boyfriend, 2 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel August 19-24th 2012 in a pool view room. I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years in both regular rooms and oceanview condos. I was very excited for this trip because it was the first vacation we have taken together as a family since our daughter was very small. I love the convenience of having a kitchenette in the room and we took advantage of this eating several meals in the room.

Our housekeeper was wonderful, even putting away dishes we had washed and left to dry on the counter! I feel this is really going above and beyond, as this was not necessary or expected! When we asked for extra towels and extra detergent for the dishwasher we were left with plenty. The room was very clean when we checked in and was kept fairly clean during our stay. I don't think they vacuum every day which would would have been nice since our two year old ocassionally would drop bits of cereal or bread on the floor and sand tended to get everywhere. My only complaint was that we had stacked all the extra pillows around the edges of one of the beds so that our daughter did not fall out of bed at night and each day when the room was cleaned the housekeeper would put all of the pillows into the closet, which ment upon returning from the beach for a nap we would have to get them all back out and set them all back up on the bed.

We did have a problem with the in-room safe because our 2 year old pushed some of the buttons and locked it with phones and computer inside and we could not get it back open. Called down to the front desk who advised that they would send security up to the room to open it. Within 10 minutes security was knocking on the door, got the safe open in no time!

On the day we were ready to check out called down to the front desk to have a bellhop come help with our bags as we had lots of stuff/bags. Bellhop was at our door with a cart in under 10 minutes even though they were very busy and had lots of people checking out at the same time, he was even willing to help us load everything into our car, taking his time when most would have just dumped everything on the ground and left us to load everything ourselves so they could go back and get someone else's stuff (and tips).

I love this hotel for the convenience of just a short walk to the beach, however there is no easy way to get down to the beach with a stroller in tow! To avoid having to go down a very long set of stairs you have to take one of 2 elevators that are located on either (far) corner of the hotel, then walk along a very narrow hallway that is also the walkway for servers carring food and go out a door that someone has to hold open for the elevator on the left side. It comes out basically inside of the restaurant, with a wall about chest high separating you from the diners. Not sure about the other side, because it was so far from our room we did not venture over to that elevator. The staff was always very courtious, holding the door for me or moving out of the way but when you have to stand in a very small area waiting on the elevator with staff waiting to take food ect out to the outdoor bar/food stand it can be inconvenient, especially with an active 2 year old! Trying to keep her from bumping into one of the servers carrying trays of food was a challange!

There are a few other problems I have encountered. The beds (tempur-pedic) are supposed to be great, however we found them to be hot (and the ac in the room was hard to control, it was either freezing or sweltering) and uncomfortable. I would wake up several times each night due to my arms going to sleep! Maybe most people enjoy these beds, however we missed our bed at home.

The parking at this hotel is also a challange. The parking spaces in the garage are very small and seem designed for compact cars only. While I have a compact car I had to be very careful getting in and out (which can be interesting with a young child in a car seat) so I did not hit a concrete pillar or another car and the single elevator is very slow.

We also had a few problems checking in. We had originally reserved and paid a deposit on an oceanfront condo, however due to a change in plans we changed our reservation to a pool-view room. The woman at the front desk seemed confused as to how much we needed to pay, since we had already payed a large portion of our standard room, having chosen to just have the deposit for the condo applied to our stay in the standard room. She had to call another staff member over to help her out and eventually had to pull out a calculator to figure out how much our remaining balance was! I would highly recommend an upgrade to the computer system if it does not even show how much was paid and still owed on a room! The other thing I found odd (and have never encountered before...) was since I was paying with a debit card I had to pay for the remaining balance at check in, rather than when I checked out! Also received no direction for how to get to our room once we had our key cards in hand. Was not instructed set of elevators to take, or which way to go once we got off the elevator. A few more seconds by the front desk staff to say "take this elevator, turn this way once you get off the elevator" would have made a world of difference!

The indoor pool is wonderful if it rains, however it can get rather sandy on the bottom as the day goes on. Perhaps asking everyone to rinse off before getting in could help prevent this problem. Was also told by the pool attendant that since there are only 3 of us we were only allowed 3 towels, which are small and do not dry very well, could have used a few extra to help us and our daughter dry off. The pool deck can be kind of nasty with trash laying around since water gets everywhere and does not dry due to the pool being indoors, I suggest wearing flip flops if you are out of the pool at all and going to be walking around the pool deck.

Also the showerheads are terrible! BEWARE if you have young children or sensitive skin, the spray was so strong I had to hold my hand under it to lessen the pressure and there is no way to adjust it!! It was like trying to shower under a firehose or pressure washer! First time in the shower my daughter said "Mommy the water is hurting me"!!! I HOPE MANAGMENT CAN ADDRESS THIS BEFORE SOMEONE IS HURT BY THE STRONG DIRECT STREAM OF WATER!! It was so strong it could have taken paint off a board!

Overall we enjoy this hotel and will be back, I just hope managment can address the issues I have outlined above!

Room Tip: Pool View rooms along the back wall have a full balcony, however they are further from the windows o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clarksburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We went to the Princess Royale based on a friend's recommendation during off-season in Ocean City. First impression, the lobby was a little cramped for an upscale hotel. The multi-level parking garage was convenient. The hotel itself surpassed our expectations. Our room was a suite, which we didn't realize when booking, so this was a welcome surprise, We had 2 Queen beds in the bedroom, a kitchenette, and a separate living room with a sleep sofa. Very nice! Our view was of the indoor pool, but by looking sideways or going out on our tiny balcony, we could see the ocean through the pool-area windows. The pool area was spacious with a five story high atrium. The hot tubs were relaxing: One hot tub was indoors and two were outdoors. There is direct access to the beach from the pool level. The restaurant looked nice but we didn't try it. Overall, my family had a very relaxing and comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Hallways are long, so ask for a room near the elevator,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Princess Royale Resort? Share your experiences!