“Omega club Weekend winter Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE
Ranked #7 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clarksburg, Maryland
“Omega club Weekend winter Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with the Omega club. The suite rooms are very nice. Our rooms overlooked the pool area. Since it was cold outside the inside pool came in handy. The pool area was nice and warm. The hot tub was amazing. Not too hot and not too cold. The beds were so comfortable. The early morning breakfast buffett was very tasty. The rooms were nice and clean. I was able to meet my housekeeper. Her name was Nicole and she was so nice.

Room Tip: During the winter geta room facing the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
Newton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is the third year in a row my wife and I stayed at the Princess Royale in early Nov. It is a nice clean hotel. They have a coupon on their web site- stay any Fri & Sat and get Thur. night free, so it's a good value. This year we invited another couple to come with us. When making reservations (several months ahead) we requested room 408 (ocean side, close to ocean). Our friends requested a room near ours. The hotel called a few days before checkin date and explained rooms are assigned only when checking in so they couldn't guarantee room 408. The small print on coupon says it MUST be shown when checking in, which we did. I was told room 408 was taken and I could only have a room much further from the ocean. O.K.,no big deal. Then right in front of me, my friends were told they had been upgraded to ocean front. I said we were together, could we also get upgraded? No Sir, these decisions are made in the hotel office and we cannot change them. Nothing I said changed their minds, they just didn't care. Oh well, my friends got ocean front and I'm happy for them. When checking out I warned my friends that for the past two years they included Thur. night on the bill, and you had to ask them to take it off. Sure enough I was billed for Thur. for the third year in a row. When I brought it to their attention they did remove it. My friends however were only charged for Sat & Sun without asking. Now the kicker, I found out they gave my friend a paper asking them to review the hotel on Tripadvisor! My friend Ray informed me he always reviews hotels where he stays and Princess Royale must have known this. I am going to be staying in aprox. 8 hotels this coming year and I can assure you I will be reviewing every one of them on Tripadvisor. Will I stay at Princess Royale again this coming Nov.? I don't know, but there are lots of good deals in Ocean City Md. in Nov.and I'll be looking around. One point off for the billing games, 0 points off for treating my friends like the King & Queen, but two more points off for treating my wife & I like we didn't exist, after going there for 3 years in a row. My lesson learned! Review! Review!

Room Tip: As stated, you don't really get to choose. The inside rooms have a Very heavy chlorine smell fro...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We come to Ocean City several times a year, and have been doing this for many years. This was our first time staying at a hotel off of the boardwalk. This hotel is amazing! We didn't want to leave. The indoor pool was perfect since it happened to be snowing outside - the area was warm and water was as well. We stayed in a pool deck level room, so our balcony area opened right up to the pool - major bonus! The staff was very nice and let us in our room early since it was ready. Everything was clean and there were up to date furnishings in the room. Parking was very convenient at the garage right at the hotel. We ordered room service and the food was wonderful. We cannot wait to come back again! Thanks for an amazing time!

Room Tip: Pool deck level pool is a major bonus - you can go right to the pool from your deck and there are ch...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is a very attractive hotel and we had an ocean front room with a jacuzzi. The lobby looks pretty and elegant. Our room had a small kitchenette included with refrigerator and microwave. It was stocked with dishes, glasses, silverware, etc. Down the hall there was a soda machine. This was a one night stay. This room had a king-size bed which was fairly comfortable. The jacuzzi was heart shaped, very uncomfortable and it leaked. We had brought wine to enjoy as well as a couple of sodas. We looked for an ice bucket and found none. Upon going down to the room with the soda machine, I found there was no ice machine! When I called down to the desk, they said this huge, allegedly fancy hotel didn't have an ice machine in it! They directed us to the freezer of the refrigerator, but there was no ice made in there when we arrived and by the time it would have been ready it would have been too late for us to use. The only thing I can conclude from this is this hotel is not interested in people only staying one night! I have never in my entire life (and I am almost 60) stayed in a hotel totally devoid of ice machines! Also, when we called the desk for extra pillows, I was first asked, "How many do you have?" They refused to give us any until I let them know and then said they would give us two more. We also had difficulty getting more towels. The people at the desk were rude, full of attitude and downright stingy. You would think that a hotel that looked so inviting had such an attractive ambiance would treat their guests in a more welcoming and cordial manner. Not so. Between the total lack of ice machines, the leaking jacuzzi and the attitude of the staff, I would never, ever go back there. Needless to say, I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you must go there, the ocean front rooms are the way to go.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I coordinated a youth retreat in Ocean City for a weekend. My group advised Princess Royale was a great hotel to stay in. I booked the rooms and from that point until we checked out, the service was great. The hotel was very nice and accomodating. Even though it was January, being on the beach was nice as well.I recommend this hotel highly. Our group will definitely return for our next retreat.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Prince Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have been going to OC for years and never knew how nice this place was. From the minute you walk in you can clearly see the pride in ownership of this place. Everywhere you look someone is cleaning. The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. The pool view ocean front rooms are nothing short of stunning. there is always something to do here, and no reason to ever leave the resort. The buffets are great, and the view from schooners is stunning.

Room Tip: get a room with a view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My husband and I took a mid winter vacation at the Princess Royale.It was my husband's Birthday and our 23rd anniversary. The room was excelent as well as the view of the atrium and the ocean. Maid service was excellent we had a minor glitch that was corrected immediately.Looking foward to being back in the Spring.Thanks Peggy Frank

Room Tip: Room 539 is the best
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Princess Royale Resort? Share your experiences!