“Definitely will be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Park Place Hotel
207 North Atlantic Avenue, Between 2nd & 3rd Streets, Ocean City, MD 21843   |
Ranked #9 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Brooklyn, NY
“Definitely will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Very nice hotel, great spot on the boardwalk. We stayed in the king oceanfront room, very clean, beautiful view. Staff was very friendly. When we visit Ocean City again we will definitely be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Boonton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I was so worried about staying here since I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness. I thought I was going to walk into the typical beach hotel with the musty smell, worn carpet etc. but...........I was pleasantly surprised to see the room was spotless and I do mean spotless. I did not see one speck of dirt anywhere, including the bathroom. I gave housekeeping a nice tip and they deserved every penny. Check in and check out took only minutes. The location was great too, right on the boardwalk, steps from the beach. We saw dolphins in the morning swimming the shoreline. We ate at their restaurant for lunch and the chicken caesar wrap with sweet potato fries were very good. Dunkin Donuts is only a few blocks away - that was a real plus for me. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
50onthego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Because it's really not so much. It wasn't very clean. There was some sort of liquid that had run down the front and sides of our refrigerator and dried there, and there were many other instances of "icky" I detected throughout the room including a large spot on the couch.

Being picky on cleanliness, I really can no longer tolerate the patterned, quilt-like "bedspreads" that are not washed after every hotel guest, and this place is living in the past by serving up those re-used, re-slept on bedspreads. I know that they are required to wash them once a week by hotel mandated rules, but that's not tolerable for me. I try to only stay in hotels where I have a white bedspread where I can smell that it just came out of the bleached laundry water.

The room, however, was spacious and did include a couch which is always a big plus in my book, but the TV was quite small.

The lobby was filled with so much stuff it looked messy. Throughout the hotel, you get the feeling that it was furnished and decorated as cheaply as possible. Although it's somewhat tasteful, it's just feels chintzy.

For $120.00 for an off season evening in the beginning of April, and for this hotel not serving any type of continental breakfast, having any type of pool, and lacking in other areas, I would say the value here was certainly lackluster. Having read other reviews on Trip Advisor, I would recommend the Holiday Inn or the Hilton. Unfortunately, they were fully booked the night we visited.

The location is, however, excellent as it is one of the few hotels right on the boardwalk in Atlantic City. So if that is a priority for you, I would say that this hotel is certainly tolerable and sufficient.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel has a nice location, right on the boardwalk. Clean. No pets allowed which was perfect for us since one in our group has severe pet dander allergies. Nice parking. My only upset was that they consider anyone over 13 as an adult and charge extra for them to be in the room. This is the first time I have run into this. Caught me quite by surprise. Otherwise a pleasant experience

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
central pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

cleanest hotel we ever stayed at!! great location and friendly helpful staff!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Just returned to OCMD after about 15 years. Stayed at this hotel due to Trip Advisor ratings and comments. Overall, good property for the money. Clean, convenient, staff was friendly. Located in the heart of the boardwalk so easy walking to just about anywhere. One of the better places i have been in OC.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Booked a room for 2 nights for boyfriend's birthday in early March 2011. We got a great rate for the hotel and it's location, and we really enjoyed our stay, despite the fact that it rained -- no, monsooned -- nearly the entire time.

Not much is open on the boardwalk that time of year, but we did go to Marty's Playland and drove across the bridg ef for food from Waterman's. Also ate at the Dough Rollers almost next door to hotel.

Conor's allegedly served breakfast to guests, but it wasn't open that we could tell. Not a big deal, because we went out to get donuts.

Like I said, a great deal for that time of year as long as you realize that there's not much to do except enjoy the hotel.

Also, they were renovating while we were there. Not on our floor, but we saw the ripped up carpet, etc. when using the steps to the boardwalk.

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Park Place Hotel? Share your experiences!