“Good for a short stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Abbottstown, PA
“Good for a short stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I am rating this hotel as very good because it has a lot going for it. The room was clean, fairly attractive, and a decent size for a short stay. The front desk staff was friendly and allowed us to check in a couple hours early. The location is pretty good, short walk across the street to the beach and the bay is right behind the hotel. The hotel is no where near the boardwalk though, just something to keep in mind for those who wish to spend a good bit of time at the boardwalk. The problem with the hotel, and something that definitely detracted from the ability to enjoy it, was that the walls keep out very little noise. I have never so easily heard the people in the room next to me or the doors to other rooms closing as I did here. I had to listen to a room of loud kids all night. Even when it was evident they were speaking all that loudly, I could still hear them. For this, I would have to say that this hotel is not good for a week stay, you'll be driven crazy after a day or two. Otherwise, they are doing a lot of things right.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
CIGoldcoast, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gold Coast, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Bdoyle87,
Thank you for reviewing the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. We are happy that you liked the staff, the location and the cleanliness of the hotel. Your feedback is appreciated and important to us as we strive to provide the best service to every guest. We hope that we see you again in the future.
Lynn B. Hofferbert
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Spent four days here last weekend and even though the weather was not good for a beach vacation this hotel is centrally located for the many other opportunities that the area provides. We had a king suite with a king size bed and a 2 person pullout couch. The room also has a nice size refrigerator and microwave so that will help save you some money as most restaurants in ocean city aren't cheap. The room also had a two person Jacuzzi which we didn't use. The hotel also has a heated indoor pool and hot tub on the first floor. The bed was comfortable but the pullout was not very good. We asked for three extra blankets which helped to soften the cushion and not feel the frame so much. Staff was extremely attentive and the room we had, room 200, was very nicely sized for our family of four. You even had an ocean view across the street between two of the high rise hotels! Clean and friendly throughout. Bethany beach it's only nine miles to the north and the boardwalk only about 15 minutes to the south. Great spot for a really good price! The hotel is on the bayside but a short 5 minute walk across the street and your feet are in the ocean!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Steve M,
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the King Suite and that it was roomy enought for your family of four. I am also happy to hear that the staff was attentive and the hotel was a good value. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

There are lots of places to stay in Ocean City, but when I was searching, I did not see a lot of good choices. I was traveling with my teen age son to play golf. We did not go to the beach and we did not spend much time in the hotel. For our purposes, this place was great. The price was excellent, it is centrally located with easy access to the local golf courses and restaurants, and the room was very clean and quiet with good wifi. I can't comment on what it would be like to stay here if you are going to the beach, because we did not go to, or even see, the beach. But for us, it was perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Andyhl2,
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Gold Coast while visiting for your Golf Outing. We are so happy to hear that your stay with us met your expectations for your specific trip. I do want to tell you that Hospitality Golf and Sales, which is located in our Sales department does offer a variety of different Golf Packages for as big or small of a group as you would need. Please call the hotel at any time to discuss these packages if you would ever be interested. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Best Regards,
Elkridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. Our room had a beautiful view overlooking the bay. The mattress was amazing and you had a choice of soft or firm pillows. They don't serve breakfast but Dennys is right out the front door. Plenty of parking. A little far down but there is a bus stop in front of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Nicole G,
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your beautiful bay view while staying at the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. We are so happy to hear that the beds and pillows were comfortable and that the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff was excellent. We look forward to seeing you again soon for all of your lodging needs while in Ocean City, Maryland.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is our go to hotel when we stay in Ocean City. This hotel is right across the street from the beach. If you don't want to stay close to the boardwalk than this place is great. The hotel is pretty clean. The pillows are really comfortable. We will definitely be back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ashlogbretav,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. I am happy to hear that your stay here was a pleasant one. I am also happy to hear that you do return when visiting Ocean City, Maryland! We can't wait to see you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was our first trip to Ocean City MD. We arrived early (around 1:30 pm). Check in wasn't until 4:00 pm. We were pleased to learn that our room was ready and they let us check in early. The front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel was quiet. Our room was near the elevators and ice machine and I did not hear lots of noise. Our room was small, but clean. The bed was very comfortable and they provided lots of over-sized pillows. We had a King Room with a whirlpool tub. While taking a shower in the tub, a lot of water got on the floor. We also had an issue with the water draining slowly. The AC in the room was loud and not working properly. We let the front desk know and within minutes they sent maintenance to fix it. We also had issues with the TV remote not working unless you got very close to the TV. The WiFi was not great. The location of this hotel is close to the beach and restaurants; however, it is far from the boardwalk an amusements. We ate at the Denny's that is attached to the hotel and we were not pleased with the food. We did not use the indoor pool because it seemed to always be too crowded with lots of kids. The hotel has a large parking lot. We never had a problem finding a parking space. I would say that this hotel is okay if you are staying in Ocean City for a few days. If you want to be near the beach and don't care about being close to the boardwalk, this hotel would be okay. I wish I could give this hotel more than an average rating; however, due to the location, AC, tub and overcrowded pool I am giving it a three out of five.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hotchick77,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. I am happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay and I do apologize for some of the issues you did encounter with us. I am just happy to hear that they were resolved in an quick and efficent manner. We do hope you will come back to see us and give us a chance to make your next stay the best one ever.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I recently stayed at his hotel with my family which includes two small children. This hotel seems to have been an older hotel which was recently remodeled in certain areas. Once inside the lobby area was very clean and the staff was extremely helpful and nice. We were able to check in at noon instead of 4. The rooms were very clean and seemed to be remodeled to include newer tv's and furniture. The hallways and common areas were old and had not been remodeled. I also thought the pool area was not the best....but my kids enjoyed the pool. Overall I would recommend this hotel especially for those who are visiting the beach on a budget.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear MSCC00,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn Gold Coast in Ocean City, Maryland. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also happy to hear that the value, cleanliness and staff met your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.
Lynn B. Hofferbert
Front Desk Manager

Been to Comfort Inn Gold Coast? Share your experiences!