“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two night in October 2013. Our room was spotless clean and the staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. At the last moment our daughter and two grandchildren decided to come with us and the hotel staff worked with us to make sure we had what we needed to make everyone comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CIGoldcoast, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gold Coast, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Janet C,

Thank your for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast in Ocean City, Maryland. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and are happy to hear that the cleanliness and the service were up to your standards. On behalf of our Staff, I would like to say thank you.

We are also happy that your were able to enjoy time with your family while here and glad that we could make everyone as comfortable as possible.

We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I travel alot and it is always a pleasure to visit the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. It is near everything but just far enough away from the noise that can be expected in a resort town. Within walking distance there are several restaurants and bars, a movie theater, shopping and the Bus stop makes commuting a snap. The staff at the Desk is amazing, and Lynn put the "S" in Service. The Staff is very helpful and the property is always clean and inviting. I always like the rooms facing the bay. It makes for a beautiful view of the sunset.

Room Tip: Any Room Facing the Bay,
Dear SunnyD,

Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. We always love to hear that our guests continue to come stay with us. This means we are continually offering the excellent customer service that our entire staff goes above and beyond to give. Your positive feedback acts as encouragement for all of our staff to continue to serve our guests, such as you.

Please know that we appreciate you as a guest. We look forward to seeing you soon and as always, have a Bay view room waiting for you!

Kindest Regards,

Watertown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We took our first trip to Ocean city the last weekend of the season. We got there early and our room wasn't ready but they did hustle and get it ready for us before check in time so although they say that you wont be able to check in before check in, ask anyway because the staff are very nice and friendly. We wanted a hotel close to boardwalk and this is really the only thing I have to disagree with in the description. If you are looking for a hotel close enough to walk to the boardwalk, (main attractions) this would not be the hotel BUT you can catch a ride of the shuttle bus (city bus). They say the ride is about 15 mins. Its def not. The bus stops on every block and they cram it full to where your standing butt and butt with the other tourist. My husband and I had no problem with this considering it was all part of the adventure but for older folks this would not be ideal. From what we saw, there is no outlet to the bay on the road that the hotel is on. The hotel is on the bay side, not the ocean side. You are able to walk across the street and through other hotels to get to the ocean side though and it was actually a very nice peaceful and quite spot that we found. Its a great beach in general because its huge. There is a lot of sand to set up camp not matter if your down by the main attractions or up by the hotel. There is a shopping plaza with a few places to eat and that is right next door. A movie house and a Dennys that's attached to the hotel which was really nice except they tended to be out of stuff late at night. So for location its good if you don't care about being with in walking distance of boardwalk and you would like to go to the bay. Now for the room. The room was very nice! It was very clean except the sheets. Now I am a weirdo when it comes to the bed situation in hotels because years ago I worked housekeeping for a hotel so I know what they do and what they don't do so I check to see what wasn't done. Well I found a few what looked like strands of southern region hairs. I peeled back all the blankets and sheets and called down to room service for some extra fresh clean blankets (I didn't tell them why) and they were more then happy to bring them up for me and they were freshly clean at least they were warm and hair free so I threw two on top of the sheets and slept with one over me. The bed minus the unfriendly hairs, which I found 3 so its not like a huge deal but still I would like to sleep alone with my husband haha anyway the bed was very comfortable. We didn't wake stiff which is always a good sign for us. The outside doesn't do the hotel justice. It is very modern, clean and nice over all. For the price and the customer service that you receive I would say it is def worth staying there! I know my review may not sound like it is but take my word for it, my husband and I did our research and this was one of the hotels with the best reviews for the price and I will have to agree. If you have never been there before, just prepared that during season it is insanely crowded! The first day we got in town was the last day of the season and the beach was crowded and so was the whole place but then the next day most visitors had left town and it was just a completely different place. I am glad we went the weekend that we did because we got to experience the hustle of it all during season and then the peacefulness of it the next few days while we were there and the greatest part, there are sales like no other!! I got a pair of reef sandals that were originally $42 for $12! I got a few Metal Mulisha shirts for $5, like the sales after season are amazing and the boardwalk and beach are so peaceful and beautiful to walk. Ok so this is long and I hope this review helps! The bus by the way was $1 for one way trip so you would pay a total of $2 for a round trip to boardwalk back to hotel or pay $3 for the whole day of unlimted rides. Not bad at all. This is def where we will be retiring!!

Room Tip: We got the non smoking king with the couch pull out for our boys. Hotel sits on bay side. A/C worked...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear e5wife01,

Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. It always serves as a sense of encouragement to our entire staff to receive such shining reviews! I have shared your review with our Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance staffs as we value and appreciate all of our guests. We are so glad that the service, the cleanliness and the location of our hotel suited your needs.

We are very glad you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Lake Ridge, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for a night in October when we were in town for a taekwondo tournament. We were very favorably impressed with this property, especially for the price. It is only a couple blocks from the beach, and there are restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

The room was clean and what you would expect at this price point. As many people have pointed out, the AC is fairly loud, but the sound was constant so it didn't bother me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CIGoldcoast, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gold Coast, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Francis D,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We always strive to make every guest experience a positive one. We are happy that you were satisfied with the value as well as the staff of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast.

On behalf of our staff, we would like to apologize for the AC noise that you encountered. At anytime, we would be happy to have our Maintenance department take care of any issues you encounter.

We hope to see you again soon for your vacation or lodging needs.

Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel not only had very nice rooms, but the indoor pool was excellent....It had a Denny's, movie theater, and a mall! What more can you ask for...Really enjoyed my stay and the boys loved it!!! Will definitely be back again!!!

Room Tip: Choose the peninsula view!!!
Dear Chinadoll12,

Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast! We are so happy to hear that your stay was so enjoyable.

I have shared your review with our entire staff as we strive to make every experience for our guests a welcome and happy one.

We are glad that you enjoyed the Indoor Pool, as well as the attached Denny's, Movie Theatre and Mall.

We look forward to accomodating you in the future. Be well and safe travels!

PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My room was clean, but the toilet rocked violently. The wall air conditioner sounded like a jet engine, and the TV volume would only go up so far. So you had a choice, air or sound. The shower curtain was hung in a manner that you could never escape it while showering, and that was just downright creepy. The only view I had was the parking lot, and given that the hotel sits a pretty good ways off the road, road noise is an issue. However, once you turn on the air, you hear nothing but that. The last night we were there a large group of people were hanging out in the parking lot being quite loud, which was very annoying, but again - the air conditioner came in handy. Parking lot is very odd in layout. I think if you were there in season, parking gets mighty interesting. I'd try my luck elsewhere if I returned.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Playswdogs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Please know that we take every review seriously and use them as an opportunity to make the accomodations and experiences for our guest better each day.

I want to personally aplologize for the Maintenance issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that our Maintenance staff is always available to address the issues that you had as far as the toilet and Air Conditioner. If they can not be fixed to your satisfaction, we will always make the effort to relocate your room to one that is acceptable to you. We are here to assist you 24 hours a day to try to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I hope you will concider staying with us in the future an try to make this situation better for you. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Clean rooms and nice staff. The only problem we experienced was the air conditioner made a loud of noise during one night of our stay. We had 2 rooms, and both rooms experienced this.

If you plan to eat breakfast at the Denny's next door, go early or pick somewhere else to eat. There was always a long wait time.

Dear PAmom82,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. I am happy to hear that our rooms were clean to your standards, as our Housekeeping Department takes much pride in our property. I have also shared your friendly comments with our entire staff.

We do apologize for the noise coming from the AC, but please know in the future, that our Maintenance staff is always available to address such issues.

We hope we see you in the future for your lodging needs while visiting Ocean City.

Front Desk Manager

Been to Comfort Inn Gold Coast? Share your experiences!