“excellent weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“excellent weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I first came to you on Friday the 6th of September, my experience was awesome . the front desk was fast attentive and helpful to my needs...anything I needed was addressed immediately, the personal service given to me and my family was great and well appreciated,... thank you

Room Tip: great location, off the main strip so it is soo quiet right on the bay for a awesome view and what...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CIGoldcoast, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gold Coast, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast in Ocean City, Maryland. Your praise of the Front Desk staff has been shared with each and every one of them.

Every day, we try to make each guest experience one that they will never forget and we appreciate the honest feedback as it helps us to make improvments every day.

Again, we as a Team thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Lynn Hofferbert
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was our first time staying here. We had a bay view. It was spectacular once you overlooked the roof view of the pool. Check in was professional, staff friendly and courteous throughout stay. The hotel is a little rough around the edges. The décor is dated, and the lobby was dark but improved when you got to the 2nd floor because of better lighting. The room was a deep gold color with brown and gold accents made the room too dark and seem dingy. I think it may be an older hotel since the bathroom was small. The shower molding was cracked. Before we even got settled in the room, we had to call maintenance to fix a non-working toilet. The maintenance man had several calls just while I was checking in. I do have to say he was prompt with handling our issue and courteous. I saw something on the furniture and was uncertain if it was mold but the maintenance man checked that and said it was just stained from using the wrong cleaning products. The television selection was great. No problem with the internet, Our floor was quiet eventhough it was the beginning of Biker weekend. Our beds were very hard and lumpy. So our sleep was not restful. I did use the indoor pool. It was perfect. The hot tub was not used because there were no working jets. The hotel could be considered a good location with Denny's right next door, a movie theatre and a bar. I personally though, did not feel that safe going to the car alone that night. Too many people milling around outside. This hotel has a lower price because it does not offer a free breakfast. Waking up to the bay view though put everyone in a good mood. The hotel was ok but I am not sure we will return to this one.

Ayden,N.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the Gold Coast May 23rd to May 27th, all the people that worked at the hotel were GREAT. Now come the bad news. We had (2) rooms so when we got home I should of had points and stay dates for two rooms, I had the points but not the stay dates. So my wife and I called the home office and ask them why we didn't get the stay dates, they told us you get the points for both rooms but not the stays. I told a young lady, that one of the workers I talk to said we would get the stay dates for both the rooms. and she said we would not. So I sent a e-mail to the CEO and ask why his people in the home office lied to us. We never heard a word from them. So from here on in we won't be staying at Choice Hotels. ASJ 1016

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Laurel, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

the good news: the motel is large spacious, reasonably clean, good amenities, ie pool, hot tub walking distance to the beach
bad news : wireless internet was supposed to be accessible from rooms, not so, you have to go to the lobby to access wireless internet, very inconvenient, aside from that one hiccup OC was great the motel was acceptable, I would stay there again

Room Tip: the motel is not on the beach, its about 2 blocks from the beach, you cannot even see the beach, how...
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights over the Labor Day weekend and can't say enough about the professionalism of the staff; the comfort of the beds; and the clean and friendly surroundings (even the housekeepers were quick to smile and say hello). The only thing that wasn't the greatest was the loudness of the a/c unit but it ran and it was cold so no real issues there. We actually could see the fireworks from the Bay at Seacrets to signal the official end of summer so that was a nice surprise from our room's window.

The shower was also great with no issues of low water pressure or lack or temperature.

Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Comfort Inn and we had a decent stay at this particular hotel. The positives; The hotel is at a great location with Denny's attached (really slow service!), movie theater, mini-mall, a grocery store 2 blocks away and Rite Aid. I was further away from the elevators, but my stay was pretty quiet. I heard some doors slam, but nothing that interrupted my sleep. The inside pool was nice and had a fairly large sun deck with a great view of the sunset each night, the staff was extremely friendly when checking in and out, and I was always greeted every time I walked in the hotel. The negatives; Bring your own pillows. The pillows provided were so small, I am glad we bought our own. I found "hairs" in the clean towels, which were quickly thrown to the floor and I happily used the beach towels I bought with me, I found dirty socks from the previous guest underneath the bed curtains, so I assume the maid never bothered to check near the beds or even vacuum. Internet service was a disaster!!!!! The internet kept on kicking me out every 15-20 minutes and sometimes would tell me there are too many people online and to contact my server. I told the lady front desk and she was pretty much clueless and I was advised to contact a 1800 number and see what the problem is. Why I need to call and see what the problem was, I do not know. But when I did call, I was kept on hold for over five minutes, so I gave up. This may not be a problem to some people because internet in a room is not a big deal, but when a spouse is deployed and your only source of communication is emails and Skype, it is a huge deal. All in all it was an OK room. Would I stay again? Maybe if the price was under 99$, not worth the 160$ a night I paid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Temple Hills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room was clean and spacious I was not bothered by other sounds from vacationing families I was very pleased and relaxed would recommend this hotel. If you are looking for quiet short or lengthy stay this is the place to go by far a great stop stores and dining right outside of the hotel as well as a short drive from the beach. Overall a lovely place to stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Gold Coast? Share your experiences!