“Convenient to many things!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Convenient to many things!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My Mom and I like this hotel. It has a 24 hrs open....Denny's on the premises and is directly next to a movie theater. A strip mall is a short walk away, across a parking lot, still on the same premises. It is clean, and quiet, but quite busy in the lobby during the summer. An indoor pool in the back and sun-bathing with a view of the bay area and sunset...is lovely. Nice to run down to Denny's for something quick. The hotel has its own entrance into the restaurant using your room key. One draw back, because of Denny's , there is no complimentary breakfast as offered at most Comfort Inn's. There is a small sundries and snack area off the front desk with food and some frozen food items. Front desk staff has always been friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Location is a ways out from the main boardwalk area of Ocean City but still witin the hub and beach area for walking to the beach. This is an older Ocean City hotel but they have re-novated and it fits in with our memories of visiting this area as children. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn Gold Coast and were very pleasantly surprised with the room. Being one of the older hotels in Ocean City we weren't expecting much, but when we opened the door, we were met by a beautiful view overlooking the bay through a big wide window. The room was clean, newly refurbished and large. Carpeting, bedding, draperies, and tv were all new. The bathroom appeared to have been recently redone as well. Neither of us smoke and I am very allergic to cigarette smoke, so it was wonderful to learn that they limit smokers to one floor of the hotel and we were far removed from it. There is a Denny's restaurant attached to the hotel, an indoor pool, and a two minute walk to the Gold Coast Mall and the movie theater. Great location. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a bay view to watch the sunsets.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Berlin, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a Saturday night in March. We are very familiar with Ocean City and I researched the prices of motels and hotels here in OC. This was a great value for a Saturday night. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. When we checked in, there were a group of very noisy men who were here to play golf in OC. The check-in clerk told us that there were golfers, soccer players, and a wedding party staying at the hotel. We thought - oh no, it's going to be noisy tonight! But, we did not hear a single noise all night long from anyone!! We ate breakfast at Denny's and the waitress was GREAT. This hotel was well worth the price we paid and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked King Suite and gold coast comfort inn in ocean city,md.Was told had view of bay and ocean,fifth floor.Usually very nice upscale rooms,We were very disappointed!This is Ocean city???,Was in a parking lot with a Dennys, and a movie theater.Had to park way down at end of lot for our stay!The king suite was set up all wrong, had nice kitchentte,two chairs and table,living room was to left,with a small 48 tv,not a flat screen,windows all on one side,view of parking lot!,bedroom was in alcove to left,nice king bed,but mattress was terrible,went in in the middle of bed,my fiance had to sleep on sofa bed!,tv had parental control of 25 and u can not see from bed side of room! Its a shame this is supposed to be a Quality Inn! Heads up indoor pool and hot tub,packed with kids!In Feb!traffic terrible and congested,would not go back in summer or ever!

Room Tip: Led to believe had view,had fifth floor corner king suite,no view at all only of the parking lot.,wh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Finksburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our stay was from 3/1/2013 to 3/3/2013. There were several issues that need to be addressed by Corporate Management as they pertain to this property. This is a NON-Smoking hotel, however the Smoking area for this hotel is 10 feet on either side of the front entrance not to mention the trash around the entrance doors. The elevators also had not been vacuumed as entering we found plastic cups and the remains of someone’s dinner which consisted of chicken wings on the elevator floor. Then the staff/management is unable (or unwilling) to enforce the quite hour (11pm-7am), as a number of guest where running in the hallways, slamming doors, and being very loud and disturbing those who were trying to sleep. The hotel does not provide a FULL size pillow, what is provided are ½ size pillows for your sleeping comfort (NOT COMFORTABLE AT ALL!!!). In regards to the bathroom, being 6 feet tall I find it to be a problem when I need to bend under the shower head in order to take a shower. The shower head needs to be placed much higher up on the wall in order to accommodate taller persons other than those who are 5 feet 5 inches or less. The heater is the old fashioned wall unit, it was a very cold night outside and even with the heater on full power and the temp has high as it would go, the room was cold. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, very lumpy and no support at all. Upon check-out the front desk clerk gave me quite an attitude when I asked for a receipt showing my account had a zero balance, saying it was impossible to print one out. When I told her every other Choice Hotel I’ve ever stayed at has the ability to do so, she begrudgedly gave me one saying exactly what I requested…ZERO Balance.

After being a Choice Hotel Rewards Member for 15+ years, I wouldn’t recommend this Hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
West Deptford, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Comfort Inn in OCMD this past weekend with a group of over 100 cheerleaders from our organization alone. There were also 2 other cheer groups staying here.

Check in / Front Desk staff was polite. Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the parking lot and Coastal Hwy. We found our room to suit our needs just fine. The room and bathroom were both clean although just a tad "stale" smelling. I assume they don't see much business in the winter so perhaps the room had been shut up awhile. A spray of air freshener took care of that. The beds were adequate - not particularly comfortable but not painful. The pillows were odd. I had about 8 of them on my bed - and they were all tiny little squares - just big enough to rest your head on. If you rolled over while sleeping you were rolling right off of your pillow. The room did have a microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge.

The hotel had a pool that we did not use. The hotel did not have room service/lounge/breakfast or anything of the sort. There was a cash only snack "room" where you could buy a bottle of soda/water and some prepackaged snacks (chips, granola etc) . There was however a Denny's connected to the hotel that is open 24/7. There is wifi, but it was painfully slow or did not work at all. Im sure the slowness was due to the sheer amount of teenage girls needed facebook time - but I am unsure of what it wasn't always working. Luckily I had a wifi-hotspot with me.

The hotel worked just fine for what we needed - a place to stay while my daughter had her cheer competition for a weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I needed a pool and a hot tub badly as I am in the pool/hot tub for therapeutic reasons 3-5 times a week and I was a week out of the pool and hurting.

Had to check in later then I usually like, 5pm. Front desk staff very pleasant even when I asked for a late check out. As a choice hotel member it is usually not any problem at all to do this. I was told we were given one of the nicer rooms (not sure what that meant but ok) we did enjoy the bay view.
Our room was located directly over the pool but that also did not seem to be a problem noise wise at all and the elevators up to the fifth floor were efficient and plentiful. The hotel seemed nearly booked up so I asked and the front desk said yes, that was true.

The room was nothing to write home about. I am very unused to double size beds and that is what they had available for a last minute booking. I did know that going in. The room was just that. Just a room. Heat and yes, Air both seemed to work well. We like to sleep with it cold and we were able to get that.
Coffee pot, fridge, and micro seemed clean and standard. There is free 24 hour coffee downstairs in the gift shop. It was fine. Again, nothing great but fine. We did order out that evening from a pizza place and that seemed fine, average price and quality.
I was aware there was no free continental breakfast and was a bit bummed by that but had been holding a Dennys gift card and we just used that. The Denny's is just that. We happened upon a very good waitress and we usually don't mind our eggs and pancakes from there. Turned out to be a plus amid the other things.

We happened to be booked amid a large contingent of boy scouts, many Eagle Scouts I guess as I saw them testing later in the evening in a conference room. Needing to get into the water so badly that evening, I did just that. In the middle of chicken fighting teenagers and hot tub hogs and all, I made it work. Thank goodness they all checked out the next morning! No idea if they had chaperones or not but none where evident to me! The enclosed pool and hot tub area was so cold!! colder then the hallways even and the water actually was cold as well but compared to the air, it was fine. The hot tub, once my husband played lookout for us and grabbed us a spot after waiting over an hour to get in, was nice and hot. Needed painting but it did seem fairly clean. It was snowing outside and several kids thought it would be funny to get in and out of the hot tub and go outside like that. I have 4 teenage sons of my own so I do realize kids will be kids but the outside door was right by the hot tub! That was cold. We had brought our own towels from home thankfully. The little white squares they give you were much to small to dry off with and they ran out quickly with the multitudes of people there that evening.

Fortunately we were able to return to the pool after breakfast before checkout and the crowds were at least manageable this time. The air was still quite cold though. I imagine this poll would be quite hot under the glass enclosed area in the summer. It did not seem to regulate the temperature much at all.

I personally would not return but it served it's purpose for the one night we needed to stay and the next morning. And the rate seemed okay. It has undergone a recent remodel and I think they did what they could with an older facility.

Room Tip: definitely ask to be on the bay side unless you don't mind looking at a parking lot. bring yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Gold Coast? Share your experiences!