“gold coast comfort inn” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“gold coast comfort inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked King Suite and gold coast comfort inn in ocean city,md.Was told had view of bay and ocean,fifth floor.Usually very nice upscale rooms,We were very disappointed!This is Ocean city???,Was in a parking lot with a Dennys, and a movie theater.Had to park way down at end of lot for our stay!The king suite was set up all wrong, had nice kitchentte,two chairs and table,living room was to left,with a small 48 tv,not a flat screen,windows all on one side,view of parking lot!,bedroom was in alcove to left,nice king bed,but mattress was terrible,went in in the middle of bed,my fiance had to sleep on sofa bed!,tv had parental control of 25 and u can not see from bed side of room! Its a shame this is supposed to be a Quality Inn! Heads up indoor pool and hot tub,packed with kids!In Feb!traffic terrible and congested,would not go back in summer or ever!

Room Tip: Led to believe had view,had fifth floor corner king suite,no view at all only of the parking lot.,wh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Finksburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our stay was from 3/1/2013 to 3/3/2013. There were several issues that need to be addressed by Corporate Management as they pertain to this property. This is a NON-Smoking hotel, however the Smoking area for this hotel is 10 feet on either side of the front entrance not to mention the trash around the entrance doors. The elevators also had not been vacuumed as entering we found plastic cups and the remains of someone’s dinner which consisted of chicken wings on the elevator floor. Then the staff/management is unable (or unwilling) to enforce the quite hour (11pm-7am), as a number of guest where running in the hallways, slamming doors, and being very loud and disturbing those who were trying to sleep. The hotel does not provide a FULL size pillow, what is provided are ½ size pillows for your sleeping comfort (NOT COMFORTABLE AT ALL!!!). In regards to the bathroom, being 6 feet tall I find it to be a problem when I need to bend under the shower head in order to take a shower. The shower head needs to be placed much higher up on the wall in order to accommodate taller persons other than those who are 5 feet 5 inches or less. The heater is the old fashioned wall unit, it was a very cold night outside and even with the heater on full power and the temp has high as it would go, the room was cold. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, very lumpy and no support at all. Upon check-out the front desk clerk gave me quite an attitude when I asked for a receipt showing my account had a zero balance, saying it was impossible to print one out. When I told her every other Choice Hotel I’ve ever stayed at has the ability to do so, she begrudgedly gave me one saying exactly what I requested…ZERO Balance.

After being a Choice Hotel Rewards Member for 15+ years, I wouldn’t recommend this Hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
West Deptford, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Comfort Inn in OCMD this past weekend with a group of over 100 cheerleaders from our organization alone. There were also 2 other cheer groups staying here.

Check in / Front Desk staff was polite. Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the parking lot and Coastal Hwy. We found our room to suit our needs just fine. The room and bathroom were both clean although just a tad "stale" smelling. I assume they don't see much business in the winter so perhaps the room had been shut up awhile. A spray of air freshener took care of that. The beds were adequate - not particularly comfortable but not painful. The pillows were odd. I had about 8 of them on my bed - and they were all tiny little squares - just big enough to rest your head on. If you rolled over while sleeping you were rolling right off of your pillow. The room did have a microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge.

The hotel had a pool that we did not use. The hotel did not have room service/lounge/breakfast or anything of the sort. There was a cash only snack "room" where you could buy a bottle of soda/water and some prepackaged snacks (chips, granola etc) . There was however a Denny's connected to the hotel that is open 24/7. There is wifi, but it was painfully slow or did not work at all. Im sure the slowness was due to the sheer amount of teenage girls needed facebook time - but I am unsure of what it wasn't always working. Luckily I had a wifi-hotspot with me.

The hotel worked just fine for what we needed - a place to stay while my daughter had her cheer competition for a weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I needed a pool and a hot tub badly as I am in the pool/hot tub for therapeutic reasons 3-5 times a week and I was a week out of the pool and hurting.

Had to check in later then I usually like, 5pm. Front desk staff very pleasant even when I asked for a late check out. As a choice hotel member it is usually not any problem at all to do this. I was told we were given one of the nicer rooms (not sure what that meant but ok) we did enjoy the bay view.
Our room was located directly over the pool but that also did not seem to be a problem noise wise at all and the elevators up to the fifth floor were efficient and plentiful. The hotel seemed nearly booked up so I asked and the front desk said yes, that was true.

The room was nothing to write home about. I am very unused to double size beds and that is what they had available for a last minute booking. I did know that going in. The room was just that. Just a room. Heat and yes, Air both seemed to work well. We like to sleep with it cold and we were able to get that.
Coffee pot, fridge, and micro seemed clean and standard. There is free 24 hour coffee downstairs in the gift shop. It was fine. Again, nothing great but fine. We did order out that evening from a pizza place and that seemed fine, average price and quality.
I was aware there was no free continental breakfast and was a bit bummed by that but had been holding a Dennys gift card and we just used that. The Denny's is just that. We happened upon a very good waitress and we usually don't mind our eggs and pancakes from there. Turned out to be a plus amid the other things.

We happened to be booked amid a large contingent of boy scouts, many Eagle Scouts I guess as I saw them testing later in the evening in a conference room. Needing to get into the water so badly that evening, I did just that. In the middle of chicken fighting teenagers and hot tub hogs and all, I made it work. Thank goodness they all checked out the next morning! No idea if they had chaperones or not but none where evident to me! The enclosed pool and hot tub area was so cold!! colder then the hallways even and the water actually was cold as well but compared to the air, it was fine. The hot tub, once my husband played lookout for us and grabbed us a spot after waiting over an hour to get in, was nice and hot. Needed painting but it did seem fairly clean. It was snowing outside and several kids thought it would be funny to get in and out of the hot tub and go outside like that. I have 4 teenage sons of my own so I do realize kids will be kids but the outside door was right by the hot tub! That was cold. We had brought our own towels from home thankfully. The little white squares they give you were much to small to dry off with and they ran out quickly with the multitudes of people there that evening.

Fortunately we were able to return to the pool after breakfast before checkout and the crowds were at least manageable this time. The air was still quite cold though. I imagine this poll would be quite hot under the glass enclosed area in the summer. It did not seem to regulate the temperature much at all.

I personally would not return but it served it's purpose for the one night we needed to stay and the next morning. And the rate seemed okay. It has undergone a recent remodel and I think they did what they could with an older facility.

Room Tip: definitely ask to be on the bay side unless you don't mind looking at a parking lot. bring yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charles Town, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went Thanksgiving week. We booked a special rate. When we arrived I asked for an upgrade.
The front desk manager, Lynn Hofferbert gave us an upgrage to the 5th floor. We had a beautiful view of the bay. We had a problem with the TV and reported it to front desk. Within 5 minutes someone was at our door to fix the problem. The only complain we had was the hot tub was broken. We would diffidently return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Did a sisters weekend at this hotel....very nice and clean. The staff is excellent! There is a Denny's restaurant connected to the hotel that is open 24/7.
Have a well kept pool and spa....great after a long day shopping!!!
Located not far from outlet stores.......nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed on the fifth floor in a room with 2 doubles on NYE. The beds were comfy, and everything was very clean and well-maintained. I was completely surprised by the expansive water view we had from the window! I'd stay here again, especially considering the price. It was well worth it and nicer than some more expensive places I've stayed in the area.

Room Tip: Room 536 had a great view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Gold Coast? Share your experiences!