“Worst time ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jocelyn Manor Hotel

Jocelyn Manor Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Jocelyn Manor Hotel
207 N. 8th St., Ocean City, MD   |
Ranked #95 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Worst time ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Ourselves and another family stayed in #77 an d#78. It was terrible, absoutely terrible! First, they tote the place as "family friendly", wrong! During our stay was nothing but loud obnoxious college men and women! Blairing music all hours of the night, "fence" jumping to the pool with tons of beer cans and wine bottles littered all around, swearing. Dont get me wrong, we all want to have a good time and certainly understand the college crowd having fun, but at 4:00 AM it is time to shut it down. The beds are dirty and most uncomortable. Be sure to bring your own towels/ while they indicated that they "provide" you with towels and linen, they offer one towel and one washcloth for the entire week! We found ourselves at the laundrymat on three occasions to wash THEIR linen so that we all had clean towels to shower with. One towel for 7 days, really? To date we have yet to get back out security deposit. We have gotten the run-around of this for the past three weeks. Unfortunately, it may have to go to letigation just to get our darn money back. The entire experience was horrible, disappointing, costly, unfriendly, and just hellacious. Could not wait to come home and leave hell.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stated in unit 78 here. From the min we walked in, I new this was going to be a bad vacation. The pictures of the unit they show must have been when they first remodeled this unit. When we first walked in, there was this strong odd oder. Within the first 10min my son's hands, knees and feet were cover all in black which I am assuming they never even cleaned the unit. The beds were so gross. At least they gave you clean sheets to make the bed. The furniture was so gross that we put the extra sheets down on the couch to sit on. The chairs for the table were dirty and ripped. Now here is the gross part about this place, after we took the sheets off the bed on the last morning we were there, underneath the sheet the covered the mattress, was clums of hair. I was so ready to call the Department of Health but the I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. We left so early in the morning that we got home in record time and it was still morning. I will never ever go back here and let alone do not even want to see this place the next time I go down there. Oh and it took over a month to get our deposit back and the contract said 3 weeks. Everytime we called they it went to a automated service saying they are behind. To me, they broke their contract so we should get more than our deposit back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The place is real dirty and it smells. The bed is rock hard and nasty. All of the other rooms are full of teenagers running around building crazy. It was a waste of money and ruined my first trip to ocean city. Very Very nasty place.

• Stayed July 2011
Philly, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

Stayed here September 24th thru 27th as guests of my husband's parents and really, really hated the place. Everything was filthy, dated, broken or trash left by prior guests. Hello filthy Abercrombie tee shirt stuffed in the couch cushions! We booked Unit 81 as it's the only 3 bedroom (2 Q, 2Q & 1K) and… here comes the nicest thing I can say about Jocelyn… the unit was actually spacious enough for the 8 of us. The bedrooms were roomy, the living room/ dining room/kitchen area was small but sufficient and the bathrooms were large enough for two people to easily brush teeth at a time. Now for the bad stuff… the beds were abysmal, broken, stained and kind of smelly. Having read some of the other reviews I smartly brought all my own linens and I recommend anyone planning to stay here do the same. The TV was tiny, was on a very weird jerry rigged stand and there was no remote. Both showers were moldy and the doors leaked more water out than kept water in. Also lame was the fact that you had to exchange your dirty and often sopping wet towels at the main office yourself instead of having a maid to handle this. Oh well. The location of the property isn't too bad (almost at the bay) but if we had been "beaching it" the trip to the boards and beach with gear would have been a hike. Obviously I would never stay here again and I can't say I would recommend it to anyone. Jocelyn Manor is actually my only review to date without a picture and for that I apologize but honestly the place was so blah that I didn't bother to unpack the digital camera. I wish I had if only to prevent other vacationers from making the same mistake we did. Sorry Jocelyn but you sucked.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I went down for senior trip here the week of June14-21 of 2008. Had terrible problems with security because we had too many people in our room at one point in the night. The guards came in and told us we were evicted due to that problem and they also were getting the cops for fines. I understood so I told everyone to pack up until they asked for two hundred dollars and they would leave us alone. They did that to other rooms who had too many people and alcohol in their rooms. In two nights the two security guards made off with over a grand and also stole my friends I-Pod down at Parrot Lagoon homes on 5th street which the guards were also patrolling. We finally got the cops and ownership promised our money back. Never got our two hundred and the rooms were small with little help from the office as well. DO NOT GO HERE.... I will be back in O.C. next year but hopefully the only time I see this place is on the ride out or in of the city...

• Liked — Not too much other than location to the boardwalk
  • Disliked — Staff/ Cost/ Rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

The place was newly rennovated so it it clean and fresh. Has all the comforts of home-washer, dryer, ac, dishwasher, etc. Nice pool, parking! We parked our car and left it there-we walked to the beach, boardwalk, and the park!

• Liked — Convenience for the price
  • Disliked — I liked it all!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jocelyn Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!