“Very Satisfied!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Bay Hotel

You added Sea Bay Hotel to your Saves list
Sea Bay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6007 Coastal Highway, 61st Street & Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #34 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Havertown
“Very Satisfied!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Every year we spend time in Ocean City, MD to be with our grandchildren while they are on vacation. This year we chose Sea Bay Hotel because it was located close to where they stay with their Mom & Dad. My husband & I both thought the location was ideal for many reasons! The hotel itself was really nice...not top notch, but very clean and comfortable. Staff was more than accommodating! They also have a cafe available for breakfast and lunch! The private balconies are great and so it the parking! We will definitely stay there again for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed in the east building, but if you want a view of the bay you would prefer the west building...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Marietta, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Nothing stands out about this place but nothing detracting to say. The rooms are nice sized, clean and the staff was friendly. In a good location. Located right off the highway just as you enter Ocean City which was very nice. Just a short ride down to the boardwalk. Easy walk to several nice restaurants. Not a top of the line place but will meet the average families needs for a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed for the busiest weekend of the season--White Marlin weekend. Our room was quite comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were attending a wedding in Ocean Pines so the location near the 60th Street bridge was ideal. We used the pool as well as walking one block to the beach. Dead Freddies is within walking distance as is Fager's Island. It's not a grand hotel but I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I love what you all have done with the coffee! I have stayed here numerous times and was always pleased. This was a getaway with my teenage son, his friend and my spouse and I. I was disappointed in the sleep sofa, my son is 6'1 and it was at a slant, you could see that it was worn before even sitting on it. The staff are the best and the hotel is clean. Time for a new sofa though!!!!

Stephanie J

Room Tip: Good place for couples! First floor.
Hyattsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I would rate this hotel adequate, friendly and clean. Typical Ocean City type of older low-rise. Our building had 5 floors. Staff was great. Top floor has no shade for the balconies so it can get quite hot. Sliding door and drapes were not easy to slide. Bed was comfortable. Great water pressure in the shower. Not much of a view from either side of the building.

Very convenient because the intersection of Route 90 and the Coastal Highway are within a block. Shuttle Bus (worth the $3 Daily Fee) was right out front. The restaurant had good food and the entire staff was attentive (their home fries leave a lot to be desired, however).

Forego Fager's Island which is a separate long-established restaurant out the back side of the hotel -- they won't seat vacationers wearing tank tops or sleeveless shirts in their Fine Dining area. Head, instead, to Dead Freddie's -- due North about a block from the hotel, on the same side of the street on Coastal Highway -- great décor and service.

Room Tip: Do not choose the top floor because there's no overhang for shade. If you book two rooms and get...
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Hands down the worst Wifi I've ever had at a hotel. Hotel staff was not able to provide any help. They said it was working fine for them. Several other co-travellers at the hotel had the same issue, so I know it wasn't just me.

Rooms were fine, location good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
jiminoc, Owner at Sea Bay Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and let me explain what was going on with our WIFI. When the demand on our WIFI system did peak during heavy load times, we did experience some WIFI weakness for the additional users. We upgraded our WIFI system recently and we are one of two hotel properties in Ocean City, MD that has a fiber optic connection to our hotel network. That upgrade did have some kinks initially that did cause some problems but they have now been resolved and we now have one of the best WIFI systems in Ocean City. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced while you were here. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you.
Jim
Owner/Manager
Leola, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We just ended our third vacation staying here. Will be back again third week in August. After first time, July, 2013, we told our friends and they came and stayed in the room next to us our second stay, August 2013. This stay my wife's sister and fiancée stayed in the next room to us. Each time the help, from Shelly the manager to the maids and security were all wonderful. Pool was always clean; parking lots and building always monitored; anytime we approached a door and an employee was present they opened and held it with a smile and have a good day response. The café was a plus, great service and food. Last July on our first visit my wife mentioned her bad back and Shelly made sure we had a new mattress. Last August for our Anniversary Shelly surprised us with 4 small bottles of Champaign for us and our friends to celebrate. This stay was flawless!! I came back refreshed and had the best first day back to work I've ever had!! Thanks Shelly and all the Staff!! Look forward to August!! PS prices were very reasonable for all we got! Bill and Camille PA

Room Tip: Back building has great Bay views and its own pool!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
jiminoc, Owner at Sea Bay Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Bill & Camille
Thank you again for staying with us and for your kind words. We are so proud of our staff and the excellent service they provide. Shelley is a primary component to that customer service and thank you for mentioning her name. I get to meet a lot of our guests during the course of a summer, but unfortunately miss meeting so many of our repeat guests like yourself. I do look at all of our guest reviews because that at least tells me how we are doing and how we are treating our guests. We do stumble from time to time during the summer season, but thank goodness most of our guests have a great experience like yourselves. I hope to meet you both very soon.
Jim
Sea Bay Hotel

Been to Sea Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!