“I realize you pay for what you get.....” 2 of 5 stars

The Admiral Motel
806 Philadelphia Avenue, Ocean City, MD 21843   |
Ranked #99 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Ashburn, Virginia
“I realize you pay for what you get.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We are cheap and don't usually like to spend alot on a room, but the mold and bug infestation wasn't in the brochure.

We did save at least $500-$1000 (4th of July Weekend)

So I'll give 2 stars for location, price & the air conditioner worked.

!!!!!!!!!BE SURE TO BRING YOUR OWN BEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Once I put my key in the door and stepped into the fly infested mildew smelling filthy carpet room I knew my week-end was not going as exciting as planned. How do you get blood on the box spring of the bed?Why did the fire alarm have wires and no covering hanging from the ceiling?Who has shower head that spurts water all over the floor and does not turn off all night? Why was the carpet (already black)sticking to the bottom of our shoes?How do you kill numerous flies and they continue to multiply on the ceiling?Why was the linen so dingy?How do you assign rooms on the front view with constant traffic and people going back and forth to the beach but the blinds in the window are bent where there is no privacy?How do you have two beds in a room but we all had to sleep in one because the other was too filthy for kids to go near?

Room Tip: "Find any place to stay but the Admiral Hotel" Stay on the beach. It,s safer and cleaner&q...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Moscow, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with a bunch of family for a family reunion. The price was the lowest we could find without staying too far outside of Ocean City. The room was ridiculously small and dirty. The bathroom looked like it hadn't had a really good cleaning in years! There was some kind of rust or dirt across the bottom of the lamp shades. You heard every single noise throughout the hotel. The bath towels were so small and cheap that I was tempted to go to WalMart and buy new ones! And two of the ones we had originally had stains on them! We had to go down to the front desk the second morning and request that our beds be remade and when we came back to the hotel late in the afternoon - the maid hadn't even been there yet! They don't have enough parking and even told us not to leave after a certain time or we wouldn't find a spot. Never again will we be at this hotel!!!!!!!!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reisterstown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are terrible, small and disgusting. The bathroom, horrible. The shower is so small you can't turn around, it's 2X2...no ventilation in there and the toilet moved everytime you sat down. There were ants and when we asked the house keeper for spray she said "ugh, there's always something going on in this room!" We even asked her for towels 2 days in a row and never received them. The sheets on the bed were never changed and the rooms were never cleaned. The whole place smelled like weed the second night we were there and nothing was done about it. No microwaves like the website said. The lock in the bathroom is a hook lock for a gate. We also over heard a woman complaining at the front desk that their room had trash and hair all over their bed. There was also vomit on the lamp shade. Parking is very limited and not guarantied. This place is for someone who just wants a cheap place for sleeping and showering.

• Stayed June 2014
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in 2012 and thought it wasn't terrible. Remarkably, I've managed to hit it again on senior week. (think masses of teens, noise, tom-foolery, drama, drunkenness, etc) In addition, this week featured an air-show and father's day. *read: super-extra crowded and obnoxious people.

The hotel was $125/night (including taxes), no longer a "deal." The linens have been downgraded from two years ago (probably the same linens). The lobby is nice but all the rooms are filthy. Our sink leaked water all over the floor. Teens ran up and down the hallways and were super-loud in the middle of the night. Somebody left a prophylactic on the stairs for hours.

The other thing that bothered me, from a policy perspective (because lord knows I can handle sketchy hotels), is we asked to check out a day earlier. We were not happy with the situation, and wanted to move to a different hotel. Management refused to refund our money since we had paid for 2 nights. I have never heard of a hotel doing that. We ended up staying the 2nd night, so as to not waste any more time, but I will not stay here in the future.

Do not stay here. That's the point.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chadds Ford, Pa.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My daughter found this place for she and a friend online and the price was right, so she booked the room. I was paying for the room as a birthday gift, so my job was to drive them there, pay for the room and leave. I know that it is senior week and things are hectic but I had a really uneasy feeling leaving them there. The location is great, the parking lot is very cramped and one way in/ out through an alley behind the hotel, the office looked clean and the staff was fine checking us in. Once I checked them in, we made our way to their room, poolside. There was trash littering the walkway and the room was reeking of stale cigarette smoke. Although the room looked clean, it was tiny and old with lots of stains, cracks, etc... I certainly hope they don't see any of the bugs/ roaches that some of the other travelers wrote about! I see now why the room rate was not that expensive. They need a visit from the host of Hotel Impossible now!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

First room had ants all over the mini fridge, blood on sheets, and an inscent burnt on the sink (obviously showing the room was not cleaned) we complained and moved us to a new room. The second room had hair and paper in the tub drain, as well as mud on the bathroom floor. And to top it all off as we are getting ready to go to bed, we see a bed bug on the bed!
We immediately call the front desk who sends security to verify the bug. He verified, so we went to the front desk to get our money back. The front desk service was awful! He was very rude and refused to give me the managers name. Their only solution was for us to sleep there and the manager would be in there at 9. This has to be the absolute worse hotel by far that I've stayed in!! I'm very surprised that they have passed health and safety regulations set up for hotels!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to The Admiral Motel? Share your experiences!