“Underrated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Underrated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

me and my senior friends stayed at the admiral last summer and thought it was going to be awful after reading the reviews. But the place has nice and super laid back staff that cleaned almost everyday. Its in a great location and was a blast. I will say that our roof rained a little bit when it rained though.

Room Tip: top floor is the best fir privacy
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Uniontown, Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

While staying at the Admiral Motel in Ocean City was definently a nightmare. The room was very dingy and dirty, no door handle on the bathroom door, the bathroom window did not close all the way, the bathroom sink leaked all over the floor and the commode only flushed every hour also ants all in the room. Will never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This motel was horrible! We walked into room and as soon as we walked in we were sick to our stomachs! It was filthy, holes all through the walls, urine on the sink, and ants everywhere!!!!! The refrigerator was corroded to the floor also. We went to the front desk and told them why we weren't staying and the boy looked at the other guy and asked if they had anymore ant spray and the guy responded "we used it all on the other rooms." I seen there receipt book on desk and they had three other rooms additional to mine where they wrote "ANTS." So they know they are infested but still book their disgusting rooms! We asked for our money back and they said they wouldn't give us that night back even though we had only been there for 15 mins. So needless to say if you want a disease or to be eaten alive by ants then stay here...if not then don't! We didn't! I don't know how they can't be shut down with all the filth, urine and ants everywhere!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bloomsburg, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Oh dear God, where do I start? My fiance and I stayed in a very nice hotel for the entire week before coming here. We wanted an extra night on the weekend in order to go out. Every where was either booked or so so expensive (and after paying a lot to stay the week, we didn't want to spend much more) but I would have payed another hundred dollars on top of the 130 we already paid instead of staying here. We are younger (20's) and I didn't think I would mind that much staying in a less nice place. I honestly felt scared for my life after seeing some of the people staying in this hotel. I always triple checked our hotel room door to make sure it was locked. Now on to the room...

The second I walked in I began laughing hysterically because I didn't imagine the room could possibly be thatt bad. The ceiling was splattered all over with what looked like dried blood. Our TV I think was from 1980 and glowed bright green on every TV station. Our A/C unit did work, but it also looked like it was from 1980. The bed, to my surprise, was clean and there were no stains on the sheets. The bathroom blind was broken and pieces were jagging out randomly and it wouldn't go up or down. Being a small girl, I probably would have barely fit into the stand up shower. It was a very small square built into the wall. Thankfully we had already showered that day at our other hotel, so we never had to use it. The toilet was almost on the ground so to sit down on it I felt like I was falling over. The carpet was stained here and there and I never unpacked anything and kept our bags on the dresser. The room above us was awake and screaming/pounding on the floors and walls until at least 3:30am. We were thankfully out and up that late but I would have been infuriated had I wanted to go to bed sooner. It was definitely an experience which I will never be repeating again. Thank got it was only one night. Please just spend the extra money and go else where. We should have.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The ceiling collapsed in the first room they tried to give us, the second room had used feminine pads, soiled sheets and food all over the room. We told them we would not be staying and they assured us my credit card would not be charged. Not only did they charge my card after I left, but went ahead and charged my card four times. Currently in the process of filing a fraud claim with my credit card company.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

As we were walking to the lobby, we saw used condoms on the ground beside the pool and had to make my way thru the partiers on the porch just to make it to the lobby. Once we made it thru the very tiny hallways (with dirty clothes laying in the hallway), we made it to our room. The room was full of ants and filthy. When I requested a refund due to fearing the safety or myself and family, I was told sorry no refunds. There were numerous other hotels in the area that were only $20-$50 a night - after seeing the condition of this dump - i'd gladly pay a higher rate!!

Room Tip: Don't chose a room at this hotel/motel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

On a whim, I stayed at this hotel for a night. No reservations... the rate was $81 including the taxes (double beds).

The good: The price (see above). Parking is included. The location (it is one block from the boardwalk... it's in the heart of the action). The staff are friendly. It has a nice lobby area and chairs on the front porch. Cold mini-fridge. Linens on bed were decent.

The bad: Hotel is VERY outdated. Bathroom was gross... Toilet kept running... water pressure was not-so-great... It wasn't as dirty as I anticipated, but there was still a bit of a "scary" feeling... Towels were rough and small. Bed was OLD but fit the bill, for a night. AC was super-noisy.

The ugly: The ceiling looked like it could cave in at any point... Our room was near the street and the blinds were totally broken, so the street lights and sun seared my eyeballs...

Overall, a good value, as long as you have low expectations. I wouldn't take kids here or have a romantic escapade, but I'd go again with a friend.

Room Tip: Check the blinds, flush the toilet, test the water pressure...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends