“NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!! >:[” 1 of 5 stars

You added Sea Cove Motel to your Saves list
Sea Cove Motel
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2701 N Baltimore Ave., Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #103 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
“NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!! >:[”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

First off , When i first called i was told a price for two nights nd was satisfied so i booked them a week in advance , When they sent me the confirmation (a couple mins later) through my email the pricing was waayy off then what was told to me over the phone by the front desk . I called her back to tell her that the pricing of the rooms were different nd she told me thats how much they were (in the email) which was $510.00 for 2 nights and i was told they were $265.00 for 2 nights over the phone. I argued with her for a while because she tried to lie and tell me she didnt give me that price which in fact she did. I asked to speak to the manager and her response was that the manager will not do anything! I spoke to my husband and he said to just stick it out and forget about it. When we got there friday they didnt even have our room. We had to wait till the guy from front desk went out to find a room and when he gave us the key we went to the room and it wasnt even a king that we had booked , they gave us a double bed. I went to the guy and told him about the room and he said they are out of kings!!! At that point i was already irritated and i told him i wanted a king because thats what i paid for 1 week in advance and they shouldve had it booked. He didnt even know what he was doing to be honest. He looked lost like not knowing what to do exactly but then he told us that he doesnt know what the previous lady did and that he was sorry. So as i ignored him and went to the room , it smelled old , moldy , and bad urine !!! The bathroom smelled sooo bad we went to the 7 11 across the street and bought air freshener and disinfectant wipes and spray which helped just a little.. there was a long hair hangin on a towel in the bathroom ,The ac had lots of dust, the trashcans had juice under the bags, there were flies in the room, one of the beds had stains under the sheets, the fridge was dirty, and the bathroom sink was leaking. The next day i went to front desk and the lady was there, i told her about the urine smell and how i went and bought things to air it out and she asked if i wanted it to be cleaned amd i said yes of course so she sent a young lady over and after the lady was done i went back in and it smelled the same!!!! I was soo angry i jus wanted to cry nd sleep in my car but i stuck it out and made the best of it. I will NEVER stay there again , i do not recommend this motel to anyone. WORST STAY IN THE WORST MOTEL EVER !!!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

First of all the room was NOT clean,sand on floors, carpet didn't look or feel vacuumed. DISCUSTING.. The room cost us $275.15!!!!! The air conditioner didn't work!! We couldn't even sleep in the room! We tried to get a refund. NO WAY they said!!! We traveled for4 hours and had to leave!!! WORST MOTEL WE EVER STAYED IN!!!! MY ADVISE DON'T EVER STAY THERE!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had to book a last minute room at Ocean City and Sea Cove Motel had one of the lowest prices per nt ($110). We didn't have so many options so we booked it. The only good thing that I can mention about this hotel is that they allowed us to check in by 12:30pm and to park our car. The motel is one block away from the ocean and has free parking. But nothing else!!! The furniture was very old. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. I felt like there was a nylon or plastic under the sheets. The room and the bathroom was clean but when we got back from the beach water was dropping from the ceiling of the bathroom. We stayed for just one night so I didnt want to waste my time by complaining. I felt very uncomfortable while we were at the room and left the room as quick as possible. I understand that it is a motel without stars. So if you are planning a vacation at Ocean City I will not recommend you to stay more than a night. Try other options.

Room Tip: 2nd floor; Room 7 doesnt have a view, but has a bathroom where water drops from the ceiling.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

it smelled horrible as soon as we walked in and stayed that way until we left. the toilet was broken and almost over flowing when we got there and when we asked them to fix it they yelled at is and thought we were stupid for flushing toilet paper! it was covered in dirt and the sheets were stained. the worst part was definitely the service. I've stayed at other places in ocean city and this was lower than low.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Comforters had yellow stains on them -sheets had gritty feeling like sand- floors were dirty-window was taped in place-someones clothing stickers on wall -hair on wall in bathroom - toilet was dirty-bedside stand had sticky change in drawer- one of the lights did not work -I was okay that it is an older motel and was not expecting much for decor BUT did not pay to sleep in filth- WILL STAY HOME NEXT TIME IF THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE THAT HAD A VACANCY !!!!!!

philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

To any parents that are considering letting their kids go here for senior week please do not. The place is a dump. Environment is not safe. Room doors are not secure. Staff... like Ola are just rude. I mean why are you working the desk if you hate your job. You are suppose to answer questions.I repeat Don't let your kids stay here. It is a rip-off that takes advantage of the senior week kids. Can't seem to get accurate prices. One price on-line is not the same price that is available upon check in. Photos are not true resprensentation of what the place really looks like. This place is the bottom of the bottom.

Room Tip: Don't stay here each room is a dump from what we could see.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

First off the receptionist was rude. We got our keys and walked in first thing we saw was dead cockaroaches about 1-1/2"-2" long some, were still wiggling when we walked in (they had just been raided about a half hr before checking in. The fan in the bathroom was broken and hanging down. The sheets were disgusting and harboring bugs. Tried to get a refund and they said no. Gave us new sheets for our beds and told us we had to put them on because there's no maid service. We found a bug in the one bed and I'm not sure but it very well looked like a bed bug. When I picked it up and squeezed it, nothing but blood came out( it was swollen like a tick) but it wasn't a tick. There were only two towels in the bathroom and they were about the size of wash cloth's. The floors are tile, dirty and cold. No carpet at all. I am never wasting my money on this dump,ever again!! Never stay here! You will regret wasting your time and money! My rating -5/10

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sea Cove Motel? Share your experiences!