“Worst OC Hotel experience I have ever had.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Beachcomber Motel
You added Beachcomber Motel to your Saves list
7500 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Salisbury, Maryland
“Worst OC Hotel experience I have ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Okay, so where to begin....I had originally reserved a two night stay at the Beach Comber Motel for the Friday and Saturday of the 2010 Memorial Day weekend for two people. After check in I left the hotel and returned later that night around 10pm with the person I checked in with as well as 2 others who were not staying. At this point I and my guests were accosted by hotel staff and told that were being evicted, at this point I was a little confused as to what I had done wrong so I went to the front desk to try and reason with them. After trying to have a civil conversation with the man at the front desk I was informed that the reason for my eviction was that I was not allowed to bring anyone back to the hotel room who I did not register (unheard of for a hotel in Ocean City) I tried to explain that they were not staying and even offered to pay the extra 10$ per person but they would not hear it. They offered to refund my money for the the second night but not the first which was simply unacceptable. The entire time the hotel staff were aggressive and confrontational, I stepped outside to walk to my car and one member of the staff followed me and made physical threats against me and threatened to smash the windows on my car. The entire time I somehow manged to keep my cool, at this point I left and found better accommodation for the weekend. MY advice? It was a nice hotel but the actions of the staff were completely deplorable, save your time and more importantly your money and look else where to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

When I first discovered this motel I was a little leary of the price. But after reading the reviews I decided to book this place for myself, my mother, and my daughter. However a few days prior to our departure date I saw two very unkind reviews of this place. One about it being a smelly unclean place and another about the owner being racists. Well I became extremely nervous but when we arrived all fears were laid to rest. The owner greated us with a warm friendly welcome and when we got into our room it was clean and there was no foul ordors. We enjoyed our entire stay and would defintely return for another stay. For the location which is less than a half block to the beach and the price $118 per night you can't beat this motel. While it's not the Hilton it's also not a dump in any way.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Potomac Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Planned a last minute trip to Ocean City for the fourth of July weekend and found a cool place called Beachcomber. It was inexpensive, great location and very accommodating staff. John the person who took my reservation even supplied me with a weather report before we even got there. Cleanliness, location, price and staff were excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
glen burnie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We just stayed at the Beachcomber July 5 - 10 and have absolutely NO complaints. The room totally met our needs - microwave, refrig, iron, board, comfy beds, beautiful view of the bay, and spacious. The pool was very clean. All the grounds were kept spotless. The staff was very accomodating and exceptionally nice. No complaints from us. We'll definately stay there again. Highly reccomend it.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

I had the pleasure of visiting the Beachcomber July 9-12. I have been visiting Ocean City for 20 + years and usually rent a condo for a week, but in recent years have found a week to be too long. This sent me on a journey to find the best possible accommodations for the most fair price -which led me to the Beachcomber.

I cannot believe that some of these hotels charge $200 + per night for Ocean City. It is a fun get away, but if I am spending $300-$400 a night, I am going to an all inclusive in Mexico, not OCMD.

The Beachcomber looks exactly like it does on the website. One glorious king bed (this was honestly one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in) and a full size bed. It is very spacious, with a table and chairs and a small kitchennette with a half fridge, microwave, sink and two burner stove. The only reason did not rate the room as excellent is simply due to the fact the the kitchen cabinet area could stand to be updated. In the grand scheme of things though-it really didn't matter.

The bathroom was awesome in the fact the the sink was located outside the shower/toilet area. I could do my hair while my husband was showering. Adequate hot water, and a real, old fashioned bathroom fan that actually had power and made some nice white "noise."

The balcony was lovely and we actaully had a pretty decent view of the bay! If you are concerned with the location on Coastal Highway-don't be. This place is virtually soundproof and I am picky about noise. I was even in a room outside the elevator and I never heard a peep.

Pool is adequate with plenty of loungers.

The most important thing-the place was CLEAN!! I mean really CLEAN!! No stray weird hairs on the bathroom floors -and the linens, including the bedspread, smelled FRESH!

We walked to several places to eat and buy groceries and such. The location is great.

Overall-you cannot beat the value. This property is fairly priced for Ocean City. I have stayed at the Hilton on points and that is a great property also, but there is NO way I would pay over $400.00 to stay there.

You cannot go wrong with the Beachcomber. Keep your expectations realistic and you will be pleasantly surprised and have some money left over to play mini-golf;)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Temple, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

We stayed Mon June 29 and left Fri July 3. There were 2 adults, a 6 yr and 14 yr old.

The rooms are just as they look on their website. There are 2 beds (1 king, 1 full), table with chairs, mini fridge, sink, 2 burner stove top, vanity area, bathroom with tub/shower and a private balcony overlooking the street (there are no ocean views). The room was clean and had no weird smells.

The pool was clean. The staff was friendly. Only drawback is there are no laundry facilities (theres a small laundromat on 64th st). The location is pretty far from the boardwalk (appx 52 blocks) but it's got a great beach location. It's on the same side as the beach so theres no need to cross the busy roads. If were go to OC MD again, we would stay here again.

Overall for OC MD, the food prices I thought were kinda high. We went to the Trimpers park (my kids loved it, $20 wristband for 6 hrs), and old pro golf which they loved too. We also went to the Jolly Roger park, but were really disappointed with it ($16.99 for 4 hrs and the staff is rude, rides not clean).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

I was trying to book a reservation at this motel after reading the reviews and thought this would be a good place to stay. I asked the price and got what sounded like a great deal. I saw the picture of the motel on their website and asked the gentleman if the hotel had any amenities. He said that they didn't but there were a lot of places nearby. I then asked if the doors opened to the outside or an inside hallway. He siad the outside. I couldn't tell by the photo if there were stairs or an elevator so I asked him if there was an elevator in the lobby for the higher floors. He asked me why I wanted to know. Taken aback by this I sad because I am potential customer and I just wanted to know. He said "Well as a potential owner, I want to know why you want to know". So I said "because of security". Then he said "Well you don't want my motel" and hung up on me. I have booked hotels all over the east coast and in Europe, and this was the rudest phone conversation I have ever had for booking a hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Beachcomber Motel? Share your experiences!